Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, which was earlier known as Kanpur University, Is a public state university located in the city of Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It is also approved by UGC and is a coeducational institute for higher studies in India. It has NAAC accreditation of grade “B.” It was established in the year 1966. It is managed by the state government and is not under the influence of the central government.
It was named Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj of Kolhapur. It has nine departments in total which offer various programs for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There are above 50 specializations offered by this university. It also offers financial assistance to economically backward classes. The university also has high placement records, and several corporate houses come there to hire their employees.
The admission in many courses is on a merit basis, but for some courses, the online examination is conducted. There are also special programs such as counseling sessions are also organized from time to time so that students are not depressed or disheartened, and proper guidance is given to them. The infrastructure of the university is great, and above 900 courses are present in the university across 14 streams.
- Online examination is conducted for courses such as BBA, BCA, etc.
- Students from outside Kanpur can stay in the hostel. There is a separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
- The environment of the university is very good.
- The university also has a central library system.
- Cafeteria, sports complex, gym, and hospital are also present on the campus.
The reviews of the university are nice, and many students who wish to have a bright future take admission to the colleges. The infrastructure of the university is also very nice, and all the basic facilities are available to the students. The food in the canteen is also nice and affordable. Students also get a chance to do various internships after the completion, of course, to gain professional experience.
The campus is also fully equipped with WIFI, and the average salary packages of various professional courses range from Rs. Twenty thousand per month to Rs. 25 lakhs per annum. Medical checkups are also done for the students. The computer labs are also fully equipped with updated systems that are appropriate for all the needs and applications of students. The faculty is also very supportive and great guides for students.
- The colleges are AICTE approved.
- The application fees to be paid online during registration is Rs.600/-
- It also offers Ph.D. and M.phil, and the candidates can apply for the same by paying a fee for Rs.1500 for general as well Rs 1000 for reserved categories.
- The university also has an anti-ragging committee
- The campus is spread across an area of 265 acres.
CSJM scheme 2020
The CSJM university scheme has been updated on the official website of the university. But according to the latest updates due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the exams from 18th March to 2nd April has been postponed. The annual examinations of the university were started on 25th February. The exams postponed are of BSC, BA, and BCOM courses.
Both annual and semester wise exams are taken in Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University. The result of odd semester exams taken by students in the month of December 2019 is to be released. CSJMU conducts exams of odd semesters in the month of November and December and even semesters in the month of April and May. The students can download their respective results from the portal.
How to check result
- Step 1-visit on the official website of the university.
- Step 2- click on the result link on the website.
- Step 3- on coming to the result page, fill in the necessary details like name, roll number, etc.
- Step 4- after entering all the correct details, click on the submit button.
- Step 5- Check your result and download the result for future reference.
CSJMU results in 2020
The results for BSC, BS, BCOM, B.Ed, MSC, MA has been declared on the official website for first, second, and third years respectively, according to the courses. The university will announce the result for private and regular students in the month of May and June. The students must have their valid roll number to check their respective results. The students also have the option of revaluation in case they feel they have got fewer marks beyond their expectations. The results for back and improvement papers will also be available online. The results are normally declared after one month of examination.
CSJM Admit Card
The admit card 2020 has been released online. Admit card has to be carried mandatorily on the day of exam along with the identity card. Therefore the students must download their admit cards prior to the day of examination. If the students are not able to download their admit cards from the website, then they must immediately contact the college authorities.
How to download Admit card-
- Step 1- visit the official website of CSJMU
- Step 2- refer to the activities section and check for the admit card link to it.
- Step 3- the admit card page will open, select and fill in all the necessary details
- Step 4- click on the submit button, the admit card will now appear on the screen.
- Step 5- check all the details of the admit card and take a print out.
CSJMU full form
The full form of CSJMU od Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University. It is located in the heart of Kanpur is one of the biggest industrial metropolises of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Some of the notable alumni who have studied in the university include Mr. Ram Nath Kovind, who is the president of India, and Mohamad Kaif, who is a well-known cricketer and many more. The university is a center of higher academic excellence and is a booming hub for extracurricular activities as well. The university has now been established for almost over three decades now and is still flourishing.
There are a variety of courses offered by the university across various streams and subjects. There are also a variety of specializations present offered in the various courses. The eligibility criteria for different courses are different, and for some courses, the candidates also need to pass an entrance test conducted by the university. The university is also very vigilant regarding the current scenario and is also running various campaigns to spread awareness and support the government like downloading the Aarogya Setu applications etc.
- B.tech ( bachelor of technology)
- MBA (master of business administration)
- BSC (bachelor of science)
- BA (bachelor of arts)
- MA (master of arts)
- MBBS (bachelor of medicine bachelor of surgery)
- B.voc (bachelor of vocational studies)
- BCA (Bachelor of computer application)
- MCA (Master of computer application)
- BFA (bachelor of fine arts)
- BDS (bachelor of dental surgery)
- B.pharm (bachelor of pharmacy)
- BBA+LLb (integrated program)
- BBA (bachelor of business administration)
- BAMS (Bachelor of ayurvedic
- BUMS (Bachelor of Unani medicine
- B.ed (bachelor of education)
- Bachelor of library and information science
- Bachelor of physical education
- BCOM (bachelor of commerce)
- BPT (Bachelor of physiotherapy)
- MSC (master of science)
- MFA (master of fine arts)
- M.pharm (master of pharmacy)
- MS (master of surgery)
- MD (master of doctrine)
- Master of extension education
- Master of physiotherapy (MPT)
- Master of rural development
- Master of Physical education (M.P.Ed)
- BCA+MCA (integrated program)
- Bachelor of social work+ master of social work (BSW+MSW)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Master of journalism
- Master of philosophy
- Diploma and Postgraduate diploma across 14 streams
- Advance diploma across six streams
- Diploma in fashion technology
- Postgraduate diploma in bioinformatics
CSJMU Fee Structure
The fee structure for the different courses is different. It also depends on the duration of the courses. The university has always been keen to improve its teaching facilities as well as to include and introduce more relevant, professional, technical, and job oriented courses with both quantity and quality. Each department is committed to working with excellence and has always opted for research methodologies to gain maximum knowledge and disperse them amongst the students.
- B.tech ( bachelor of technology)- Rs. 40,000 per year
- MBA (master of business administration) Rs. 24,000 per year
- BSC (Bachelor of Science) Rs. 50,000 per year
- MA (master of arts) Rs. 5000 per year
- BCA (Bachelor of computer application) Rs. 32,000 per year
- MCA (Master of computer application) Rs. 50,000
- BFA (bachelor of fine arts) Rs. 28,000 per year
- B.pharm (bachelor of pharmacy) Rs. 65,000 per year
- BBA (bachelor of business administration) Rs. 25,000 per year
- B.ed (bachelor of education) Rs. 45,000 per year
- Bachelor of library and information science Rs.20,000 per year
- Bachelor of physical education Rs. 45,000 per year
- BCOM (bachelor of commerce) Rs. 40,000 per year
- BPT (Bachelor of physiotherapy) Rs. 50,000 per year
- MSC (master of science) Rs. 50,000
- M.pharm (master of pharmacy) Rs. 86,000 per year
- Master of Physical education (M.P.Ed) Rs. 50,000 per year
- Bachelor of social work+ master of social work (BSW+MSW) Rs. 35,000 per year
- Master of journalism Rs. 35,000 per year
- Diploma and Postgraduate diploma across 14 streams Rs. 15,000 per year
- Advance diploma across six streams RS 50,000 year
The complete address of CSJMU is Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh- 208024. The chancellor of the university is Neelima Gupta.
E-mail: [email protected]
CSJMU toll-free number
Students, parents, and guardians are free to contact the college authorities at any time of the day.
Helpline number- 7897992060/ 0512-2572553
No, CSJM does not provide an integrated M.tech course, but there are other courses in various departments offering integrated programs most of the duration of 5 years.
The date sheet shall be released on the official website shortly. The candidates must frequently check the official website www.kanpuruniversity.org
The candidates who wish to apply for the course can fill the application form for the university online and select their choices and course of preference. One must always see the eligibility criteria before applying for the courses.
The tentative dates for the declaration of results are in the month of June 2020. But due to the ongoing COVOID-19 crisis, it can be delayed, the candidates are advised to visit the official website for further details.
No there is no link as such for the books; you can consult the seniors and faculty members for guidance regarding which book to consider and purchase them.