Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata or IISER Kolkata is an independent open research college in the science and training field situated in Nadia locale, West Bengal, India. It was built up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2006 and elevated to the status of an Institute of National Importance in 2012 vide the NIT Amendment Act.
It is one of seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and was the first college to be set up alongside its other campus. This college today has an energetic ground with solid employees of notoriety and strong non-showing staff individuals. The understudies seeking after different degrees are among the best in the nation and have set up an estimable culture.
The Institute has an adaptable scholastic program and has a cutting edge look into offices. At present, it has five scholastic divisions (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Sciences) and a few communities of greatness.
IISER Kolkata Ph.D.
The objective of the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program at IISER Kolkata is to acquaint understudies with front line inquire about and to invigorate their scholarly improvement. It endeavors to give world-class preparing to its Ph.D. understudies with the goal that they gain certainty to turn into an autonomous specialist.
The college offers a Ph.D. Program in the accompanying five wide teaches – Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physical Sciences. Research in the center regions just as in the interdisciplinary regions is sought after with equivalent accentuation in a mentally animating condition.
IISER Kolkata Courses
IISER Kolkata offers many courses, it is an independent research and instruction found in the Nadia region of West Bengal. The organization follows a bi-semester framework, which incorporates a spring (Jan-May) and harvest time (Aug-Dec) semester for undergrad and postgraduate courses in science. Its Admission is done through Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and JEE.
Here is the list of courses offered by IISER Kolkata
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [BS] + MASTER OF SCIENCE [MS]
- MASTER OF SCIENCE [M.S] + PH.D
- POSTDOCTORAL PROGRAMME
- BS + MS Chemistry.
- BS + MS Biological Sciences.
- BS + MS Mathematics.
- BS + MS Geological.
- BS + MS Physical Science.
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. Biological Science.
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. Chemical Science.
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. Physical Sciences
IISER Kolkata Summer Internship
To give B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. understudies of Institutions or Universities over the world a chance of introduction to an exploration situation by partner them with one of the Research Groups of it throughout the late spring get-away.
- The length of the Summer Research Program of this college is from eleventh May to tenth July, 2020.
- ONLY applications submitted through the entryway will be considered for Summer Internship 2020.
- Each chose competitor will be officially connected with a Faculty Member of the Institute.
- After joining, every competitor needs a unique declaration from a present partnered association (Hood/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she/he isn’t getting some other monetary help. Alongside the first authentication, applicant needs to present a no protest endorsement from the as of now subsidiary association (Hood/Supervisor, on letterhead) also.
- For financed assistants, a solidified Fellowship sum will be saved in understudy’s ledger straightforwardly toward the finish of the program.
- Each applicant must present a conventional Joining report inside a multi weeks of joining. See the connection in the entryway for joining subtleties. If it’s not too much trouble note that the location and financial balance subtleties (assuming any) presented by the competitors will be dealt with last. The foundation won’t be subject for these data.
IISER Kolkata Internship 2020
Applications are welcomed for the Research Program 2020. Chosen understudies at the degree of BSc (Second Year/Third Year), MSc (First Year) or comparable will have the option to go through 2 months at this college throughout the late spring so as to chip away at explicit summer ventures with workforce. The essential goal of the program is to give presentation to examine system and an exploration domain to brilliant understudies. This presentation to various logical fields is relied upon to persuade them to take up professions in science.
Dates: The summer program will run between May 15 and July 15.
- The base time of summer inquire about is one month and the most extreme time frame is two months.
- The late spring program has two parts: (I) Research: which the understudy will do in interview with his/her chief and (ii) Interdisciplinary Course Work: which will include a progression of talks to be conveyed by researchers working in different fields. The course is booked for the long stretch of June 2020 and all the understudies chose for summer program are required to go to it. Toward the finish of the late spring program, understudies are required to present a report about their exploration. All understudies who effectively complete the late spring project will get an authentication from the school.
- IT will give convenience FREE of COST at the college understudy lodgings on sharing premise
- The application can be finished through an online structure. While filling the structure you ought to be mindful so as to give all data accurately. It would be ideal if you email [email protected] for any assistance/subtleties. The last date for getting on the web applications is March 5 2020 till 23:59 hours.
IISER Kolkata Recruitment
This Recruitment 2020 Free Job alert for both Fresher and Experienced Candidates refreshed on March 27, 2020. Get Direct Official Link for applying for the Recruitment 2020 alongside current Recruitment official Notification 2020 here. Locate all ongoing Vacancies 2020 across India and check all most recent university’s 2020 employment opportunities right away here.
Following are the candidate requirements:
- The college Recruitment 2020 opening are much of the time accessible in our Hirelateral.com All Jobs page. It is an ideal zone to accumulate the whole nitty-gritty data of Jobs. To go after late Positions Hirelateral.com makes simpler as we in a split-second update full data about the college Recruitment Total opening, Qualification, Eligibility criteria, Salary, Selection technique, Job Locations, Application Strategy, Application expenses, Last Date for application, Interview Dates of Jobs. Get your day by day cautions for up and coming college Jobs 2020.
IISER Kolkata Fees
|Student benevolent fund||100|
|Lab and computer facilities||500|
|Hostel fees (per sem)||Amount|
|Hostel seat rent||1,500|
|Electricity and water charges||500|
IISER Kolkata Admissions
For getting Admission in IISER Kolkata Understudies with a B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S. or on the other hand an equal degree from any perceived University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated Ph.D. Program in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Least Qualifying marks: Candidates need to make sure about at least 60% imprints/comparable evaluations in Honours/Major (if appropriate), or 60% imprints/proportional evaluations in Aggregate (if Honours/Major isn’t pertinent). The individuals who are showing up in the last assessment of their degree course can likewise apply; for them, the qualification marks are 60% dependent on the imprints got in the undergrad assessments held till the date of accommodation of the application structure.
Documents required for admission:
- Bore witness to duplicates of imprint sheets and declarations of all assessments beginning from the auxiliary assessment.
- Unique/Self Attested duplicate of the passing assessment authentication.
- Private suggestion letters of appraisal (marked printed version) of the candidate from two educators who have shown courses and would have the option to assess the understudy as a potential research laborer. The instructors should seal the envelopes and sign over the folds.
- Confirmation of capability across the country’s fitness tests.
- Photograph character.
- Mission statement referencing research intrigue and potential administrators (assuming any).
IISER Kolkata Integrated Ph.D. Admission
For Integrated Ph.D. admission in IISER Kolkata, the applicants must be encouraged to check qualification criteria first. Qualified newcomers can present the application structure on the official site of the college. No applications will be acknowledged after the cut-off time.
- Visit the official site (https://www.iiserkol.ac.in/)
- Snap-on the affirmation tab.
- Register by utilizing your email id and secret key.
- Login after the affirmation of email
- Fill the application structure with all the necessary data.
- Transfer the sweep duplicate of mark and photo.
- The picture size ought to be under 50KB
- Confirm all the filled data and spare application structure.
- Pay application charge in both of the access modes.
- Remove the print from the application structure.
IISER Kolkata Chemistry Faculty
|Faculty Name||Department||Mail ID|
|Amlan K. Roy (Associate Professor)||Theoretical Chemistry Research Complex||akroy @ iiserkol.ac.in|
|Arindam Mukherjee (Associate Professor)||Chemical Biology Research Complex||[email protected]|
|Ashwani Kumar Tiwari (Associate Professor)||Theoretical and Computational Chemistry Research Complex||[email protected]|
|Balaram Mukhopadhyay (Associate Professor)||Synthetic Organic and Supramolecular Chemistry Research Complex||[email protected]|
|C. Malla Reddy (Associate Professor)||Synthetic Organic and Supramolecular Chemistry Research Complex||[email protected]|
IISER Kolkata Physics Faculty
|Faculty Name||Department||Mail ID|
|Amit Ghosal (Professor)||Physical Sciences Research||[email protected]|
|Ananda Dasgupta (Associate Professor)||Physical Sciences Research||[email protected]|
|Anandamohan Ghosh (Associate Professor)||Physical Sciences||[email protected]|
|Arindam Kundagrami (Associate Professor)||Physical Sciences||[email protected]|
|Ayan Banerjee (Professor)||Physical Sciences||[email protected]|
IISER Kolkata Eligibility
At IISER Kolkata, the Eligibility criteria depend upon the course which the candidate is opting for.
- The candidate who is applying for a BS-MS (Dual Degree) program should pass 10+2 from a recognized board.
- To get BS-MS admission, it requires JEE Advanced score, State & Central Board (SCB) channel, or KVPY scheme.
- BE/B.Tech degree is required to get admission in MS in Research program. It also depends on the candidates’ performance and score obtained in the interview round.
- For the Integrated Ph.D. program, at least 60% marks in BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc or MBBS then only the candidate is eligible.
- Commutative Algebra, Harmonic Analysis, Number Theory, Representation Theory, and Spectral Graph Theory: A Master’s qualification in Mathematics with at least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Bayesian Statistics: A Master’s qualification in Statistics with at least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Computational Biology: A Master’s qualification, with least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale, in any field of Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Bio-innovation, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics.
- Non-parametric Statistics and Functional Data Analysis: A Master’s certificate in Mathematics or Statistics with at least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
A competitor must top off the structure cautiously as extra short-posting criteria will be set dependent on scholastic records, understanding, and mission statement of the up-and-comers as gave in the application structure.
IISER Kolkata Campus
IISER Kolkata Campus is created on a plot of 201 sections of land at Herongate, Kalyani. The all-inclusive strategy of it has the fundamental scholarly structure, a coordinated ground with the lobby of residence, guest house for visiting instructors, offices for sports and games, clinical focus, post office, bank, Kendra Vidyalaya, shopping intricate and numerous other help administrations. M/S Suresh Goel and Associates, New Delhi have been designated as architects of the lasting grounds of the college at Haringhata, Kalyani, Nadia. The accompanying pictures show the models of the proposed grounds.
IISER Kolkata Placements
A few people were likewise offered entry-level positions with Shell and in the end additionally made an employment bid however they declined (one such case is from 2013 clump, Chemistry Department). I am certain the number of such situations will increment with time however this typically not what dominant part of understudy needs to go for.
The larger part of understudies chooses a Ph.D. in the wake of finishing their lords. A Ph.D. structures your cerebrum to have the option to pose the correct inquiries, seek after them and add to science, and society in the long run. In the event that you investigate, graduated class from Physics division (in spite of the fact that similar remains constant for each office we have) they have been put (for a Ph.D.) at presumed organizes everywhere throughout the globe whether it be Caltech, Oxford, UCDavis, Princeton and numerous other rumoured organizations situated in Europe, India and so forth. So, it likewise infers that there is a universal acknowledgment for the degree it gives.
IISER Kolkata Address
The postal address of the college is as stated:
Campus Rd, Mohanpur, West Bengal 741246
IISER Kolkata Official Website
The school is situated in a remote spot. Despite the fact that the name of the spot recommends it is expected that it is situated in Kolkata City, however, it is around 50 km away from the city. All the structures are recently built. Numerous structures are going to be completely practical. As a great deal of construction work is going on, the grounds is loaded with dust. The grounds isn’t yet greenery. That is the reason it doesn’t look an extravagant school.
IISER Kolkata Contact Details
|Director Office||+91 33 6451 3294|
|Dean of Academic office(Academic Cell)||+91 33 6136 0000|
|Dean of Research and Development office||+91 033 6136 0000|
|Dean of International Relations and Outreach office||+91 033 6136 0000|
|Assistant Registrar||+91 033 6451 3279|
Ans. IISER Kolkata is a good choice for the Integrated MS Ph.D. course. IISER Kolkata its own campus and you can pursue a career in research in Basic Sciences from there.
Ans. For getting admission in IISER Kolkata, the candidate must have a degree equivalent to B.Tech/ B.Sc/ MBBS. The candidates who have scored 60% marks in any Honors/ Major (if applicable) or 60% marks in aggregate, if Honors/ Major is not applicable. In the case of SC/ ST candidates the minimum marks is 50%.