Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata is an independent open research college in the science and training field situated in Nadia locale, West Bengal, India. It was built up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2006 and elevated to the status of an Institute of National Importance in 2012 vide the NIT Amendment Act.
It is one of seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and was the first college to be set up alongside its other campus. This college today has an energetic ground with solid employees of notoriety and strong non-showing staff individuals. The understudies seeking after different degrees are among the best in the nation and have set up an estimable culture.
The Institute has an adaptable scholastic program and has a cutting edge look into offices. At present, it has five scholastic divisions (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Sciences) and a few communities of greatness.
The objective of the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program at this college is to acquaint understudies with front line inquire about and to invigorate their scholarly improvement. It endeavors to give world-class preparing to its Ph.D. understudies with the goal that they gain certainty to turn into an autonomous specialist. The college offers a PhD Program in the accompanying five wide teaches – Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, and Physical Sciences. Research in the center regions just as in the interdisciplinary regions is sought after with equivalent accentuation in a mentally animating condition.
Applications are welcomed from roused applicants having a Masters’s certificate within any event 60% total checks in any field of Physical Sciences for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program. Last year post-graduate understudies who are yet to get their degree may likewise apply; be that as it may, they should finish the MSc/MS degree at the hour of confirmation with the essential 60% total imprints.
The extra or attractive foundation is essential for certain themes, and it is referenced in bracket any place appropriate. Individuals from different divisions and interdisciplinary territories are additionally taking understudies from the Physics foundation and those exploration territories are referenced here. Understudies keen on applying in these territories are mentioned to apply in those divisions straightforwardly (see the bordering join). On the off chance that accidentally they apply under the Dept. of Physical Sciences, at that point, their applications will be dropped.
- Commutative Algebra, Harmonic Analysis, Number Theory, Representation Theory, and Spectral Graph Theory: A Master’s qualification in Mathematics with at least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Bayesian Statistics: A Master’s qualification in Statistics with at least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Computational Biology: A Master’s qualification, with least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale, in any field of Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Bio-innovation, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics.
- Non-parametric Statistics and Functional Data Analysis: A Master’s certificate in Mathematics or Statistics with at least 55% imprints or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Satisfying the base qualification criteria doesn’t guarantee that an up-and-comer will be required for the meeting.
A competitor must top off the structure cautiously as extra short-posting criteria will be set dependent on scholastic records, understanding and mission statement of the up-and-comers as gave in the application structure.
To give B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. understudies of Institutions or Universities over the world a chance of introduction to an exploration situation by partner them with one of the Research Groups of it throughout the late spring get-away.
- The length of Summer Research Program of this college is from eleventh May to tenth July, 2020.
- ONLY applications submitted through the entryway will be considered for Summer Internship 2020.
- Each chose competitor will be officially connected with a Faculty Member of the Institute.
- After joining, every competitor needs unique declaration from at present partnered association (Hood/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she/he isn’t getting some other monetary help. Alongside the first authentication applicant needs to present a no protest endorsement from the as of now subsidiary association (Hood/Supervisor, on letterhead) also.
- For financed assistants, a solidified Fellowship sum will be saved in understudy’s ledger straightforwardly toward the finish of the program.
- Each applicant must present a conventional Joining report inside multi week of joining. See the connection in the entryway for joining subtleties. If it’s not too much trouble note that the location and financial balance subtleties (assuming any) presented by the competitors will be dealt with last. The foundation won’t be subject for these data.
Applications are welcomed for the Research Program 2020. Chosen understudies at the degree of BSc (Second Year/Third Year), MSc (First Year) or comparable will have the option to go through 2 months at this college throughout the late spring so as to chip away at explicit summer ventures with workforce. The essential goal of the program is to give presentation to examine system and an exploration domain to brilliant understudies. This presentation to various logical fields is relied upon to persuade them to take up professions in science.
Dates: The summer program will run between May 15 and July 15.
- The base time of summer inquire about is one month and the most extreme time frame is two months.
- The late spring program has two parts: (I) Research: which the understudy will do in interview with his/her chief and (ii) Interdisciplinary Course Work: which will include a progression of talks to be conveyed by researchers working in different fields. The course is booked for the long stretch of June 2020 and all the understudies chose for summer program are required to go to it. Toward the finish of the late spring program, understudies are required to present a report about their exploration. All understudies who effectively complete the late spring project will get an authentication from the school.
- IT will give convenience FREE of COST at the college understudy lodgings on sharing premise
- The application can be finished through an online structure. While filling the structure you ought to be mindful so as to give all data accurately. It would be ideal if you email [email protected] for any assistance/subtleties. The last date for getting on the web applications is March 5 2020 till 23:59 hours.
This Recruitment 2020 Free Job alert for both Fresher and Experienced Candidates refreshed on March 27, 2020. Get Direct Official Link for applying for the Recruitment 2020 alongside current Recruitment official Notification 2020 here. Locate all ongoing Vacancies 2020 across India and check all most recent university’s 2020 employment opportunities right away here.
Following are the candidate requirements:
- The college Recruitment 2020 opening are much of the time accessible in our Hirelateral.com All Jobs page. It is an ideal zone to accumulate the whole nitty gritty data of Jobs. To go after late Positions Hirelateral.com makes simpler as we in a split-second update full data about the college Recruitment Total opening, Qualification, Eligibility criteria, Salary, Selection technique, Job Locations, Application strategy, Application expenses, Last Date for application, Interview Dates of Jobs. Get your day by day cautions for up and coming college Jobs 2020.
Understudies with a B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.B.B.S. or on the other hand an equal degree from any perceived University/Institute/College can apply for the Integrated PhD Program in Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Physical Sciences.
Least Qualifying marks: Candidates need to make sure about at least 60% imprints/comparable evaluations in Honours/Major (if appropriate), or 60% imprints/proportional evaluations in Aggregate (if Honours/Major isn’t pertinent). The individuals who are showing up in the last assessment of their degree course can likewise apply; for them, the qualification marks are 60% dependent on the imprints got in the undergrad assessments held till the date of accommodation of the application structure.
Documents required for admission:
- Bore witness to duplicates of imprint sheets and declarations of all assessments beginning from auxiliary assessment.
- Unique/Self Attested duplicate of the passing assessment authentication.
- Private suggestion letters of appraisal (marked printed version) of the candidate from two educators who have shown courses and would have the option to assess the understudy as a potential research labourer. The instructors should seal the envelopes and sign over the folds.
- Confirmation of capability in across the country fitness tests.
- Photograph character.
- Mission statement referencing research intrigue and potential administrators (assuming any).
Integrated PhD admission
Application to I-PhD is on the web. Notwithstanding, before going for enlistment applicants are encouraged to check qualification criteria. Qualified up-and-comers can present the application structure on the official site of the college. No applications will be acknowledged after the cut-off time.
- Visit the official site
- Snap on affirmation tab.
- Register by utilizing your email id and secret key.
- Login after the affirmation of email
- Fill application structure with all the necessary data.
- Transfer the sweep duplicate of mark and photo.
- The picture size ought to be under 50KB
- Confirm all the filled data and spare application structure.
- Pay application charge in both of the accessible modes.
- Remove the print from the application structure.
The following are the chemistry faculty in the college:
- Amlan K. Roy (Associate Professor)
Theoretical Chemistry Research Complex (Room No. 306)
akroy @ iiserkol.ac.in
- Arindam Mukherjee (Associate Professor)
Chemical Biology Research Complex (Room No. 328)
a.mukherjee [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Ashwani Kumar Tiwari (Associate Professor)
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry Research Complex (Room No. 305)
ashwani [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Balaram Mukhopadhyay (Associate Professor)
Synthetic Organic and Supramolecular Chemistry Research Complex (Room No. 331) mbalaram [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- C. Malla Reddy Associate Professor
Synthetic Organic and Supramolecular Chemistry Research Complex (Room No. 301) cmreddy [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Amit Ghosal (Professor)
Dept: Physical Sciences Research
E-mail: ghosal [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Ananda Dasgupta (Associate Professor)
Dept: Physical Sciences Research
Focus: Quantum Phenomena
E-mail: adg [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Anandamohan Ghosh (Associate Professor)
Dept: Physical Sciences
Research focus: Non-linear dynamics; mathematical and theoretical biology
E-mail: anandamohan [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Arindam Kundagrami (Associate Professor)
Dept: Physical Sciences
Research focus: Theoretical Soft Condensed Matter Physics
E-mail: arindam [at] iiserkol.ac.in
- Ayan Banerjee (Professor)
Dept: Physical Sciences
Research focus: Precision Optical Spectroscopy; Optical micromanipulation
E-mail: ayan [at] iiserkol.ac.in
This is an independent research and instruction foundation in Nadia region of West Bengal. It was built up in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The foundation was built up with a point towards greatness in look into in essential science at undergrad and graduate level with equivalent accentuation on advanced education. The organization follows a bi-semester framework, which incorporates a spring (Jan-May) and harvest time (Aug-Dec) semester for undergrad and postgraduate courses in science. Its Admission is done through Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and JEE.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [BS] + MASTER OF SCIENCE [MS]
- MASTER OF SCIENCE [M.S] + PH.D
- POST DOCTORAL PROGRAMME
- BS + MS Chemistry.
- BS + MS Biological Sciences.
- BS + MS Mathematics.
- BS + MS Geological.
- BS + MS Physical Science.
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. Biological Science.
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. Chemical Science.
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. Physical Sciences
The perpetual grounds of this college will be created on a plot of 201 sections of land of land at Herongate, Kalyani. The all-inclusive strategy of it has the fundamental scholarly structure, a coordinated ground with lobby of residence, guest house for visiting instructors, offices for sports and games, clinical focus, post office, bank, Kendra Vidyalaya, shopping intricate and numerous other help administrations. M/S Suresh Goel and Associates, New Delhi have been designated as Architect of the lasting grounds of the college at Haringhata, Kalyani, Nadia. The accompanying pictures show the models of the proposed grounds.
A few people were likewise offered entry level position with Shell and in the end additionally made an employment bid however they declined (one such case is from 2013 clump, Chemistry Department). I am certain the quantity of such situations will increment with time however this typically not what dominant part of understudy need to go for.
Larger part of understudies chooses a PhD in the wake of finishing their lords. A PhD structures your cerebrum to have the option to pose the correct inquiries, seek after them and add to science, and society in the long run. In the event that you investigate graduated class from Physics division (in spite of the fact that similar remains constant for each office we have) they have been put (for a PhD) at presumed organizes everywhere throughout the globe whether it be Caltech, Oxford, UCDavis, Princeton and numerous other rumoured organizations situated in Europe, India and so forth. So, it likewise infers that there is universal acknowledgment for the degree it gives.
|Student benevolent fund||100|
|Lab and computer facilities||500|
|Hostel fees (per sem)||Amount|
|Hostel seat rent||1500|
|Electricity and water charges||500|
The postal address of the college is as stated:
Campus Rd, Mohanpur, West Bengal 741246
The school is situated in a remote spot. Despite the fact that the name of the spot recommends it is expected that it is situated in Kolkata City, however, it is around 50 km away from the city. All the structures are recently built. Numerous structures are going to be completely practical. As a great deal of construction work is going on, the grounds is loaded with dust. The grounds isn’t yet greenery. That is the reason it doesn’t look an extravagant school.
|Director Office||+91-33-6451 3294|
|Dean of Academic office(Academic Cell)||+91-33–6136 0000|
|Dean of Research and Development office||91+ 033 6136 0000|
|Dean of International Relations and Outreach office|| 91+ 033 6136 0000|
|Assistant Registrar||033 – 64513279|