Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program also is known as MPNP in short. MPNP is an immigration program. Manitoba is situated in Canada. Canada is the second-largest country in the world and is present in the North American continent. Canada is a developed country has great prospects for job and quality education, it’s the tenth-largest economy and is ranked amongst the top in the Quality of life index. Manitoba is a Canadian province with a population of 1.369 million people. The capital of Manitoba is Winnipeg. With a total area of 649,950 square kilometres, Manitoba has varied landscapes along with sharing a southern border with the USA.
Manitoba offers people a chance to get a Canadian Permanent Resident status. To grant people Canadian PR, Manitoba has started Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program (MPNP). MNPNP enables Manitoba to nominate eligible and qualified candidates for Canadian PR. MPNP is one of the most popular immigration programs in Canada. MNPNP was started in 1998 and since then more than 1,00,000 immigrants came to Canada. Through the provincial nomination program, provinces can nominate individuals as well as families to come and stay in Manitoba as a permanent resident.
There are 4 streams through which candidates who wish to immigrate to Manitoba can apply –
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba (SWM)
- Skilled Workers Overseas (SWO)
- International Education Stream (IES)
- Business Investor Stream (BIS)
1. Skilled Workers in Manitoba (SWM)
This category is for workers working in Manitoba. Under SWM, the temporary workers who are currently working in the province can apply for immigration in Manitoba as permanent Canadian residents. This category attracts foreign workers and international graduates. Some popular pathways under SWM are –
- Manitoba Work Experience Pathway – This pathway targets temporary skilled workers working in Manitoba.
- Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway – This pathway attracts expert and experienced skilled workers residing overseas.
2. Skilled Workers Overseas (SWO)
This category attracts people having a connection with Manitoba to get a permanent residence. Foreign workers having any connection in Manitoba can apply through this pathway. In SWO there is a system of express entry. Express entry system helps the candidates to immigrate within a few months. The candidates have to qualify the minimum eligibility criteria. If the candidates obtain 600 points out of 1200 points in Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), then they are eligible for the draw. Express Entry Draw is done to select candidates from the pool of eligible candidates.
- International Education Stream (IES)
This pathway is for candidates and students who wish to pursue higher education from Manitoba and also aim to settle in Manitoba. Some popular pathways in IES are-
- Career Employment Pathway- This pathway is for graduates living in Manitoba
- Graduate Internship Pathway – Students who wish to do an internship in Manitoba and then settle in Manitoba itself can apply through this route.
- Student Entrepreneur Pathway – Students who wish to pursue entrepreneurship in Manitoba can take this route.
3. Business Investor Stream
This pathway was earlier a separate stream MPNP-B, but now it is included in MPNP. This pathway is for the ones who wish to get into the line of business in Manitoba.
- Entrepreneur Pathway – This pathway is designed for individuals who wish to start a business or purchase an existing business in Manitoba.
- Farm Investor Pathway – Candidates who wish to purchase farmland or start farming activities can take this pathway.
MPNP Draws take place frequently and many of these streams work on Expression of Interest (EOI) basis. Candidates who are interested in the streams and want to take immigration need to submit an EOI. Submitting EOI is the first step in the immigration process. After creating a pool of EOIs, a draw takes place in which one with the highest profiles scores is chosen.