Founded in 1906 as Russell Creed Academy, Campbellsville University is a private university in Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States. It is a Christian university that offers associate, undergraduate and postgraduate courses aligned with Christ-centred values. With the inculcation of graduate programs in its curriculum, the university was merited with the title of university. With over a hundred years in education, the university has built a strong name for itself with an excellent academic record.
The university offers several programs for its variety of student’s portfolios. It offers associate, undergraduate and postgraduate programs as certification and degree courses. The university offers courses in accounting, leadership studies, art and design, athletic coaching, barbering, biology, biblical studies, business administration, education, information technology, film, fitness, legal studies, management, etc. Not only regular on-campus programs but online programs are also part of the university through which it offers 53 degrees.
It is one of the popularly ranked universities in the USA. It was ranked 92 in Regional Universities South. Other than the academic growth of the individual, the university focuses on the overall development by providing them with the required mental, health, and sports pieces of training and programs. Under the presidentship of Michael V. Carter, the university has achieved tremendous academic growth. The university has affiliations from organizations like NAIA – Mid-South Conference, Appalachian College Association, and Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities.
- Campbellsville University has a history of over 100 years in education.
- The university has a staff of over 460 experienced teachers.
- The official mascot of Campbellsville University is a Tiger.
- It is a Christian institution and hence imparts Christ-centred learning to its students.
- It offers certificates in courses like barbering, cosmetology, and culinary arts.
Campbellsville University Kentucky
Spread across 95 acres of land, Campbellsville University is a Christian institution in the state of Kentucky, United States. Kentucky is the 26th most populous state of the United States. Kentucky is located in the southern United States. The university does not hold any religious affiliations since 2014 when it ended its pact with the Kentucky Baptist Convention. Although, it is an active member of the Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities.
It was established in 1906, and since then it came a long way and earned the university title as well. The university has 9 different schools and colleges to offers different programs on the campus. The university has several regional education centers to help students from different regions to complete their higher education and be able to find new and better opportunities.
- The university has 10 different regional centers for higher education in different regions of Kentucky.
- It has 9 different colleges and schools for higher education.
- ‘College of Arts and Science’ or ‘School of Business, Economics and Technology’ are the most popular.
- CU Rise is dedicated to working professionals who are not able to regular programs.
- It also has a separate department of online education and offers 53-degree courses through it.
Campbellsville University Ranking
The academic excellence of the university can be witnessed in its consistent ranking by several higher education review performers. Campbellsville University has been reviewed by organizations like US News and NAIA. The university has received Silver Level in NAIA’s Champion of Character Five Stars Award in 2016-2017. Not only the institution, but its several courses have also been rated best in Kentucky and in the country.
- In U.S. News & World Report, it has been ranked 1st in Kentucky and 101st nationally for 2018 best online graduate business programs.
- In the same report, its Online MBA Programme was ranked 2nd in Kentucky and 116th in the USA in 2018.
- It ranked 5th in the list of Online U’s most affordable online colleges’ master’s degree 2020.
- It was ranked 5th in the list of Christian Universities Online report of the 50 best Christian college and university & athletic programs.
Campbellsville University Admission
Admission at Campbellsville University began in the month of August and December. Admission is available for all the courses to incoming freshmen, transfer students, graduate students, and international students. Admission is also available for two advanced degree programs MSITM and PMBA. For students, looking for admission from the comfort of their home, they can apply for online degree applications at the university.
- Admission for transfer students begins thrice in an academic year i.e. fall, spring, and summer.
- Admission for international students begins thrice in an academic year i.e. fall, spring, and summer.
- Admission is available for professional and certificate programs in allied health, practical nursing, licensed practical nurse, cosmetology, and barbering.
- Applicants are required to pay a one-time application fee of $20.
- The acceptance rate at Campbellsville University is 83%.
Campbellsville University Admission Requirement
Campbellsville University is selective on allowing the entry of students for its various programs. As per the stats available on Niche, 62% of students agreed that the admission process made them feel like the college has a caring approach towards the applicants. Admission requirements at the university vary from course to course. For international students, there is some additional requirement. The admission requirement for international students is mentioned below.
- Housing Application form
- Medical History Form
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- Bank Statement to show the availability of sufficient funds for one year of study
- A copy of passport
- Official copies of secondary or higher education transcript in the native language and in English
- Copies of English proficiency exam score or SAT score for native English speaker
- A World Education Services Evaluation report copy
- A statement of academic goals
- Essay is written by the applicant
- Letter of recommendation from professor or employers
- Official GRE or GMAT test score report
Campbellsville University Tuition Fees
Campbellsville University is a private university and hence it charges various charges along with tuition fees. Fees structure differs for both native and international speakers. Room and boarding charges for international students is INR 6,00,000 for one year which may be subjected to change depending upon the financial aid or scholarship. Health insurance is mandatory for all the students and its charges vary. Tuition fees for local and international students are as follows.
- The tuition fee for undergraduate programs for international students for one year is approx. INR 18,69,000
- Tuition fees for undergraduate programs for local students for one year is approx. INR 18,69,000
- Tuition fees for postgraduate programs for first-year ranges from INR 8,20,000 to INR 14,30,000
- Tuition fees for online programs range from approx. INR 22,500 to INR 42,00,000 per hour
Campbellsville University Financial Aid
Campbellsville University believes in imparting knowledge and educating as many people as possible. It aims at providing higher education to everyone and providing them with better opportunities in life. In that regard, the university has opened several campuses across the state to make education accessible to the student. While some students may find the program fees higher, the university provides financial aid to such students.
- Baptist Leadership Award: 50 scholarships of $1,500 are given based on SAT or ACT scores and renewed based on the GPA
- Governor’s Scholar Scholarship: 3 full-tuition scholarships are open for students based on their GPA (min 3.5) and SAT (min 1720) or ACT (min 25) score
- Governor’s Scholar for the Arts Scholarship: 2 full-tuition scholarships open for students with minimum 3 GPA and 25 ACT score and an audition with the School of Music
- Presidential Excellence: Highly competitive scholarship that covers full tuition fees, hostel and mess charges awarded to students with 3.5 GPA and 33-36 ACT or 2170-2400 SAT score
- Presidential Scholarship: 5 full-tuition scholarships open to students with a minimum 3.5 GPA and 30-32 ACT or 1980-2160 SAT score
Campbellsville University Intakes
Thousands of students apply to Campbellsville University every year for its different undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various courses. Intake in the university varies from course to course. Currently, the university has 4,150 students enrolled in the undergraduate programs and 7,667 students enrolled in the postgraduate programs.
- Intake in the university depends on the SAT or ACT scores
- Students who got selected for any program in the university have an average ACT score of 21
- Students who got selected for any program in the university have an average SAT score of 1045
- Students who applied for professional courses have an average GRE and GMAT score of 299 and 500 respectively
- The acceptance rate at Campbellsville University is 83%.
Campbellsville University Courses
Campbellsville University offers several certification courses along with regular undergraduate and graduate (master courses) degree programs. The university has 9 schools that offer all the courses available in the university portfolio with a Christ-centred teaching approach. Different schools at the university include the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, Economics, and Technology, CU RISE (Evening/Weekend), School of Education, School of Music, School of Nursing, Online Education, Carver School of Social Work, and School of Theology. Various courses offered at CU are mentioned below.
Associate of Science – Accounting/Business Administration/Business Information Technology/Christian Studies/Criminal Justice/Early Childhood Education/Education
Certification – Accounting/Barbering/CPC-Medical Billing and Coding/Christian Ministry/Cosmetology/CPR for Healthcare Management/Education/ESL-English as a Second Language/HVAC Technology/Limited Medical Radiography/Medical Assistant/Medical Officer Assistant/Music/Music-Worship Arts/Pharmacy Technician/Phlebotomy Technician/Special Education-Rank I/School Counselling-Rank I/State Registered Nurse Aide/TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)/Welding
Bachelor of Arts – Arts and Design/Art- Graphic Design/Art-Teacher Certification/Biblical Studies/Biology/Business Administration/Chemistry/Christian Missions/Criminal Justice Administration/Education Ministries/English/Film/History/International Studies/Marriage and Family Ministry/Mass Communication/Mathematics/Music/Pastoral Ministries/Political Science/Psychology/Social Studies/Sociology/Spanish/Theatre
Bachelor of Science – Theatre/Sports Management/Sport Medicine-Fitness and Wellness Specialist/ Sport Medicine-Exercise Science/Sociology/Social Studies/Psychology/Political Science/Pastoral Ministries/Medical Technology/Mathematics/Mass Communication/Liberal Arts and Sciences/Legal Studies/Leadership and Missions/International Studies/Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education/History/Health and Physical Education/General Business/Fitness and Wellness Specialist/Film/Exercise Science/Environmental Science/English/Educational Ministries/Education/Economics/Early Childhood Education/Criminal Justice Administration/Christian Missions/Chemistry/Business Administration/Biology/Biblical Studies
Minor – Theatre/Sport Management/Spanish/Sociology/Social Work/Psychology/Political Science/Physics/Pastoral Ministries/Music/Mathematics/Mass Communication/Marriage and Family Ministry/Marketing/Management/Liberal Arts and Sciences/International Studies/Homeland Securities/History/Healthcare Management/Film/Environmental Science/English/Educational Ministries/Economics/Dance/Criminal Justice Administration/Computer Science/Christian Mission/Chemistry/Business Information Technology/Business Administration/Broadcast and Digital Media/Biology/Biblical studies/Athletic Coaching/Art-Graphic Design/Art and Design/Army ROTC Leadership Studies/Accounting
Campbellsville University Graduate Programmes
The university offers a variety of graduate or master’s degree programs as well as postgraduate certifications and other programs. Different colleges and schools of the university offer several master programs including business administration, information technology, nursing, sport management, etc. The duration, requirement, and fee structure of these graduate programs vary depending on the course.
Master of Arts – TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)/Sport Management/School Improvement-Rank I/Music/Education-Teaching Middle Grades (5-9)/Education-Teaching Grades (8-12)/Special Education Initial Certification/Education-School Guidance Counselling (P-12)/Teaching-Health and Physical Education/Education/Early Childhood Education
Master of Science – Nursing/Information Technology Management/Justice Studies/Computer Science
Master of Education in Montessori Teacher
Master in Management and Leadership
Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy
Master of Music – Music Education
Master of Divinity
Campbellsville University Campus
Campbellsville University is located in Kentucky, United States. It is spread across the 95 acres land and has many buildings – academic and residential within the campus for the students. Apart from its main campus at Campbellsville, Kentucky, the other 8 regional campuses are located at a different location including Liberty, Albany, Elizabethtown, Harrodsburg, Hodgenville, Louisville, Owensboro, and Somerset. Various buildings and facilities located at the main campus are Administration Building, Alumni & Friends Park, Noe Plaza, Alumni Building, Ross Mobley Theatre, Art Building, Barbering School, Badgett Academic Support Centre, Books and Beans, Broadway Hall, etc.
Campbellsville University Notable Alumni
In its history of over 100 years, Campbellsville University has given many graduates passing through its various programs. In recent years, the university has added a long list of notable alumni. The university has produced alumni who have acted in many movies and television shows wrote books and reformed society as a politician. The university has also produced many students as a sports personality. Some of the notable alumni are listed below.
- Sandra Blanton, Democratic member of the Indiana House of Representatives
- Randy Wayne, actor in Hollywood movies and shows
- Simon Von Booy, author of an award-winning short story collection, Love Begins IN Winter
- E. Bruce Heilman, Chancellor of the University of Richmond
- Wallace Wilkinson, former Governor of Kentucky
Campbellsville University International Students
Each year hundreds of international students apply for admission into the various programs offered at Campbellsville University. The university offers a wide range of programs to its international students. For those who are unable to join any program on the campus, they can forward with the online program as well. The university offers more than 50 online degree courses. International students are required to fulfill the criteria designed for international students according to the course.
- The university has been ranked among the top 10 universities for international students in the year 2016
- The university has international students from more than 50 different nations
- It provides a 4-week intensive English learning program to the international students which make them familiar with the university and the culture
- The university provides a shuttle service for international students from Louisville International Airport to the main campus in Campbellsville
- The Centre for Global Engagement is the support hub for international students
Campbellsville University Contact Number
To contact the university for any admission related query, students can contact them at 8002646014. They can also contact the university by sending their queries and suggestions at [email protected].
Applicants can also contact the university by sending them to fax at 2707895142.
Campbellsville University Location
Campbellsville University is located in the heart of the Campbellsville in Kentucky. The postal address of the main campus of the university is 1 University Drive Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718, United States. Harrodsburg is the location for CU’s regional campus – Harrodsburg Conover Education Centre. The postal location of this campus is 1150 Danville Road, Harrodsburg, Kentucky 40330, United States.
Campbellsville University has been famous among the locals as the Tigers. The symbol of the university is a red tiger. The official colors of the university are grey and maroon. The university is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Under the guidance of coach Ron Finley, the college got back the sport in 1987 which it lost in 1937. Many teams from CU have gone on to win a national level championship in various sports.
Yes, Campbellsville University is a private university in Kentucky. Founded in 1906 as Russell Creed Academy, Campbellsville University is a private university in Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States. It is a Christian university that offers associate, undergraduate and postgraduate courses aligned with Christ-centred values.
The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) which empowers the university to felicitate certificates, associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees to the students. The teacher preparation program is approved by the Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) and it is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE).
The university offers several programs for its variety of student’s portfolios. It offers associate, undergraduate and postgraduate programs as certification and degree courses. The university offers courses in accounting, leadership studies, art and design, music, science, history, athletic coaching, barbering, biology, biblical studies, business administration, education, information technology, film, fitness, legal studies, management, etc.
The university has 13 different schools and colleges to offers different programs on the campus. As per the stats available on Niche, 62% of students agreed that the admission process made them feel like the college has a caring approach towards the applicants. In U.S. News & World Report, it has been ranked 1st in Kentucky and 101st nationally for 2018 best online graduate business programs. In the same report, its Online MBA Programme was ranked 2nd in Kentucky and 116th in the USA in 2018.