Goethe University is located in Frankfurt, Germany. It was found in the year 1914. The Goethe Business School is also a part of the university and was established in 2004. According to QS World University Rankings, Goethe University is at the 279th position. In 2012, the New York Times ranked it in the world’s top 10 universities by employer’s choice.
|Year of Establishment||1914|
|Total Students||Approximately 47000|
|Total International Students||About 7300|
|Number of Campuses||4|
Goethe University Frankfurt Campus
The Goethe University Frankfurt has 4 different campuses. All of these are home to different disciplines of subjects.
- Campus Bockenheim
- Campus Niederrad
- Ginnheim Sport Campus
- Riedberg Campus
Goethe University Frankfurt Courses and Programs
The Goethe University Frankfurt provides many different graduates, undergraduate and research programs to its students across 16 different faculties. The faculties include law, medicine, biology, physics, social sciences etcetera.
Some popular courses are mentioned below.
|B.A. in Social and Cultural Anthropology||6 Semesters|
|M.A. in Social and Cultural Anthropology||4 semesters|
|M.Sc. in Money and Finance||–|
|Masters in Finance|
|LL.M. for Postgraduate Degree||1 year|
GOETHE University Frankfurt Accommodation
Goethe University has on-campus housing for exchange and some other students. Most students will have to find a place off-campus.
- Students can live in hotels and private accommodations.
- Students can also find a hostel near the campus.
- The university has a database of many private apartments to help students in finding a suitable place.
- Goethe University has it’s own guest houses available for a temporary stay.
Admission requirements for international students are more or less the same as those for domestic students.
The admission requirements are:
- The application must be filled online.
- Degree transcripts of previously attended institutions.
- A statement of purpose
- Must have completed GRE or GMAT with at least 50th percentile score in the Quantitative Reasoning Section.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
Minimum Marks for proving English language proficiency
The university accepts International students who can prove their proficiency in the English language. The minimum marks required for the same is mentioned below.
|Test||Minimum Marks Required|
|TOEFL ( iBT )||100|
|TOEFL ( PBT )||600|
Goethe University Fees
In the table below, the average cost of living and studying is mentioned.
|Semester Fees||36989 EUR per semester|
|Accommodation||Approximately 400 EUR per month|
|Communication||35 EUR per month|
|Food and clothing||250 EUR per month|
|Health||70 EUR per month|
|Study Materials||40 EUR per month|
Goethe University provides many financial aids to students. Some scholarships meant for international students are mentioned below.
- Otto Benecke Stiftung – The candidate must have not attained 30 years of age and must be attending college for a language course and special preparatory college.
- KAAD – It is mostly given to International students coming from developing countries.
- DAAD – It is for international exchange students and researchers.
Goethe University Frankfurt has an excellent alumni association. Some of the notable alumni of the university are
- Max Horkheimer
- Hans Bethe
- Negasso Gidada
- Tilly Edinger
- Walter Greiner