Affiliated to the Lyon Chamber of Commerce and Industry, The Emlyon Business School is a leading French business school in the city of Lyon in France. Established in the year 1872, by the local business community of the city; it has been enlisted as one of the best business schools in France. This business school is particularly known for its undergraduate programs of BBA and MBA.
At present, the Emlyon Business School has its wings spread across 6 campuses all over the world; including one in India as well. The campus in India is a joint collaboration between Emlyon Business School and Xavier University. The university is also credited in having successful associations with over 190 academic partners all over the world.
Because of its success in delivering quality education for so many years, the university has a high graduate employment rate of around 98%, that too within six months of completion of the course. The business school has a whopping number of alumnus records, of over 32,000. Every year, the institute admits a very large number of students, of which the maximum belong from different nationalities.
- Formerly known as the Emlyon Management School of France.
- The other campuses of the institute include those in Paris, Shanghai, Saint-Etienne, Casablanca and in Bhubaneshwar
- Apart from having around 161 highly experienced and qualified faculty members, the business school has a total student population of around 8600 students from 110 nations
- Awarded high international rankings for many consecutive years
- Petit Paume, the student’s association of the institute is the second largest one in entire France.
Emlyon Business School Ranking
The Emlyon Business School has several high rankings added to its merit. Agencies such as the Financial Times and Times Higher Education has ranked the business school on many occasions.
Some of the highlighted recent rankings are as follows:
- The Financial Times in the year 2019 ranked 40th, the institute’s course of Master in Management
- In 2020, the Financial Times ranked 27th, the institute’s course of Master in Finance
- The Economist ranked its MBA at the 51st position in the year 2019
- In 2018, the Times Higher Education ranked the business school 2nd in France for its University Employability Ranking
Emlyon Business School QS Ranking
Like any other university/business school, the Emlyon Business School has also been ranked under the famous QS Rankings. The rankings have been given out based on several particulars.
The QS Ranking of Emlyon Business School for the year 2020 are as follows:
- Ranked 97th in its Global MBA rankings
- Ranked in between 201st- 250th for Accounting and Finance
Emlyon Business School World Ranking
Apart from the QS rankings, the business school also has notable international rankings. The fame and popularity of the institute is not only bounded within the limits of France but also spread globally.
The Emlyon Business School has been awarded with the following international rankings:
- The Times Higher Education ranked the business school at the 34th position in the category of Global University Employment Rankings
- World University Rankings: 5th position for Masters in Marketing for the year 2020
Business School MBA Fees
MBA is one of the most sought after and pursued courses in the Emlyon Business School. The fees mentioned below are approx. valuation of the MBA program, which is subject to change for an academic year, as per the directions and decisions of the institute.
- APPLICATION FEES: 120 € per application made (approx.)
- TUITION FEES: 38,500 € (approx.)
- ADMINISTRATION FEES (applicable only if the actual duration of study exceeds beyond the official length of the course): 500€ per exceeding year
Emlyon Business School Acceptance Rate
Because of being very popular among the business schools across the world, the Emlyon Business School has a strong competition for admission. Hence, it gets difficult to take admission into any course offered by the institute.
Thus the business school has a low acceptance rate of only about 10%.
Emlyon Business School Masters
The Emlyon Business School offers courses both in undergraduate as well as post-graduate levels. Especially known for its MBA, the business school also offers a number of other successful master’s degree courses, such as MSc. All the courses are supported and guided by experienced faculty members.
Some of the master’s courses the business school has to offer:
- MSc in Management
- International MBA
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Digital Marketing
- MSc in Luxury Management and Marketing
Emlyon Business School Masters in Management(MiM)
MiM or Masters in Management is a very popular course in Emlyon Business School. The program incorporates a wholesome range of courses dealing with the expert knowledge of core management skills and related specializations. The course being taught is prepared beforehand with the expert guidance of the best internationally acclaimed educators and is in accordance to the need and acceptance up to the international standards.
- It is taught in both French and English
- Applicable for students who hold a bachelor’s degree from non-French background/university
- The course duration of 2-3 years
- A full-time master’s degree course
Emlyon Business School MSc in Luxury Management
With a course duration of 18 months along with included internship opportunities for 4-6 months, the program of MSc in Luxury Management aims to train individuals into being experts in the business of marketing luxury goods and services. This program is partnered by the Parsons School of Design in New York and is associated by the London School of Fashion.
- Campus flexibility allowed for pursuing this course
- Faculty of renowned experts in this field
- Taught in English
- Can be pursued by any candidate having a minimum bachelor’s degree from any course
- Course entirely certified by the label Conference des Grandes Ecoles
Emlyon Business School MSc in Finance
There is a distinction between the usually offered MSc in Finance by other business schools and the Emlyon Business School. For this institute, the course aims to build in skills of strategic analysis that help the candidate to think beyond the known financial models; as well as build-in soft skills that help the candidate to work as a team with members having absolutely different perspectives.
- Minimum requirement of bachelor’s degree for any candidate
- Only available in the Lyon campus
- 18 months course duration, along with an additional 6 months of internship
- The curriculum includes two project-based trips to abroad
- Taught in English as well as French
Emlyon Business School Admission
Like any other business school/university, the admission procedure for the Emlyon Business School is entirely online. However, the application for international students can only be strictly made through the institute’s authorized Join a School in France website (joinaschoolinfrance.com).
The admission procedure is as follows:
- Online application to be made at the given website, along with the payment of application fees
- Submission of the following documents:
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Undergraduate completion certificates
- GMAT/GRE/Tage Mage scores
- TOEFL/IELTS/TOEIC English proficiency scores
- 2 letters of recommendation
- ID proof/passport photograph
- Copy of passport
- After successful submission of valid documents and payment of fees, the application will be subject to validation by Join a School in France
- Selected candidates to be called upon for interview
- Post-interview, the final results will be declared
Emlyon Business School Campus
The Emlyon Business School is divided into 6 large fully equipped and student-friendly campuses. Each of the campuses has the best experienced and learned faculties on board and have emerged pioneers in imparting top-notch education and skills to its students. Each of the campuses not only focus on serving internationally rated education, but also in-depth knowledge of other sound skills which boosts up the all over the development of the students.
Emlyon Business School Scholarships
There is a variety of monetary help and scholarship schemes available for financing the education of the student in need. While some of it is provided by the business school itself, there are others that are either sponsored by the government or the partner universities.
- On the part of government-provided scholarships, the candidate has to found out the information from the French Embassy/French Cultural Service of their respective home countries before admission.
- EIFFEL Scholarship: the only scholarship provided by the Emlyon Business School itself. But this is only restricted to the students pursuing MSc in Management
- ERASMUS: The scholarship is provided by the European Commission for those students who take part in a European University at the time of their exchange programs
Emlyon Business School Notable Alumni
The Emlyon Business School has some reputed names added to its list of alumni. Of these, many of them are successful professionals and CEOs of extremely reputed organizations. The success of the alumni reflects back the aim of the business school in creating not just leaders but inspirational figures in themselves.
Some of them are:
- Gwendal Peizerat; Olympic Champion of Ice Dancer
- Patrick Dupuis; Global CFO of PayPal
- Alexandre Popoff; Executive VP at L’ Oreal
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire; CEO, Schneider Electric
- Marion Marechal; French politician
For the consecutively third time, the Business School has kept up its world ranking of the world’s best business school and has been ranked 2nd place in entire France for the same. Apart from superior educational facilities, the business school also has a high graduate employment rate, making it a good choice for the aspirants
The institute is famous for its MBA and MSc courses and has severe high rankings at many forums. But however, the acceptance rate recorded is quite low because of the high amount of cut-throat competition which prevails at the time of admission.
The average GMAT score required for admission into Emlyon Business School is around the range of 540, along with an IELTS score of 6 (approx.) and a TOEFL score of about 83.
The fees at Emlyon Business School is neither very low or extremely high. The tuition fees are quite mediocre in amount. However, the business school does provide with ample scholarship opportunities for candidates who are unable to finance their education
MBA is one of the most sought after courses at the Emlyon Business School. The course itself has been individually ranked by the QS World Rankings.