Mount Allison University is a public university institution, commonly known as MTA, situated in Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada. The university is specializing in liberal arts education at the undergraduate level. Established in 1843, it was granted the status of a university in 1849. The university is one of the country’s leading institutions of higher education.
Mount Allison University is a four-year systematic college. This university offers a wide range of academic disciplines to international students. With small classroom sizes, a private campus, and plenty of facilities and amenities, students can make an easy transition when studying abroad.
Best for majors/minors
- Computer Science
- English Literature
- Environmental Studies
- Foreign Language (Greek)
- French Language
- Geography & GIS
- German Language
- International Studies
- Japanese Language
- Physics (including Applied and Astronomy)
- Political Science
Fine / Visual Arts and Music may be made available with special permission.
The university has a magnificent campus with an area of 76 acres. The school is home to over 2,000 students from more than 50 different nationalities. The university has a student-faculty ratio of 17:1. The university holds a bachelor’s degree in science, humanities, business, performing arts, and music. The company offers more than 40 five-degree research programs.
On-campus residence halls are affordable and conveniently accessible for international students, with seven options to select from. Most students should expect to stay in a double space with an additional bathroom. Many of the residences have access to laundry services and provide Wi-Fi.
Societies & Co-curricular:
The university has about 140 clubs and societies, and more than 30 clubs and intramural sports teams. The university also has a student union named the Mount Allison Student Association, which represents all full-time and part-time students at the school. Apart from this, the university publishes a weekly campus paper called The Argosy, which is an independent and one of the oldest student newspapers in the world. It also has a college and community radio station, CHMA 106.9 FM. Also, the university’s athletic teams are known as the Mounties. The university offers athletic programs, including hockey, diving, badminton, cricket, basketball, and volleyball.
To apply for the Mount Allison University Exchange.
Exchange students will need to complete and submit the form/information below properly.
- Both documents should be sent to the International Programs & Services Office by the deadline specified.
- Students are encouraged to send all of the pieces together.
- Georgia Southern Application for Exchange Mount Allison Visiting Exchange Student Submission
- 500-750 word essay motivation / educational aim
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor or academic mentor
- A written copy of your Georgia Southern transcript
- Host University Class Request list
- Copy of your passport information page
- Your current course schedule copy
Why choose Mount Allison University
- Liberal arts and science education: You might know exactly what you want to learn, or maybe you’ll take a little time to find it out. That’s the appeal of liberal arts and science education— you can try it all (there are more than 40 programs), mix your passions in all kinds of interesting and surprising ways, and develop a wide knowledge base while you’re at it.
- Engaging culture: Mount Allison’s close-knit, engaged community spreads across the campus and beyond. Students quickly find countless opportunities to get involved in extracurriculars on and off-campus and say this was one of the most valuable learning moments of their time at Mount Allison.
- Teaching excellence: Faculty has come together on Mount Allison campus from all over the world to share their knowledge with you and to continue developing their work interests both here at home and in multinational collaborations. Performance starts with small classes to encourage constructive interaction and concludes with the award-winning teachers who create and direct the programs. You will be mentored, trained, tested, and motivated by the experienced professionals of their field— all committed to your progress.