HRIS, which is also known as the Human resources information system is a relation between human resources and information technology, through HR software and makes the HR process occur electronically.
In other words, we can also say that HRIS is a process through software that views big and small businesses and takes care of several activities related to human resources, accounting, management, and payroll. HRIS is called an indispensable feature because it covers all the vital processes and services.
Also, HRIS combines with the accounting module and management system. So the need for manual restoration is eliminated and reduces the chances of manual errors.
- Plan the HR cost of the company.
- Manage and control the cost.
- Help in making the decision efficient in HR.
HRIS can run on two bases:
- Either company owns the technical infrastructure.
- Or, cloud-based
This means the software is running outside the office, which makes it much easier to update.
Another commonly used name is HRMS, Human Resources Management System, these all are different names for the same work, and collectively, these systems are known as HCM, Human Capital Management System.
HRIS is a smart database of employee information. HRIS stores, processes, and manages employee data, such as name, address, national ID, and other dependent information.
The capacity of HRIS depends on the system an individual chooses.
Importance of HRIS
HRIS enhance the capacity of HR management to:
- Incur new and promising technologies.
- Simplify the workflow
- Make workforce data stable and credible.
- Productivity is improved
- Reduce cost
What are the benefits of HRIS?
Listed below are the benefit of HRIS :
- Organization: HRIS makes the filing cabinet and searching work through spreadsheets much easier.
- Compliance: Data is collected and stored for compliance reasons. All the information stored in HRIS is safe from theft, fraud, and any kind of misbehavior
- Efficiency: HRIS stores all the information in one place, which makes it accurate and saves time.
- HR strategy: HR strategy helps HR to improve business outcomes, retention, increase productivity, and monitoring the culture of the company.
- Employee experience: HRIS helps to improve the perceptions of the organization. HRIS helps employees to have a good experience.
- Convince: HRIS makes the work of HR very convenient with just a few clicks of the system.
Overall, HRIS has multiple benefits for the company, HR, and other employees, and it becomes very interesting when it is used between 30 to 50 employees.
Features of HRIS
- Administration benefits
- Time and attendance
- Time-off tracking
- Employee-self service
- Manage performance
- Provide customized and standard reports.
How to use the HRS system
After the selection of your HRIS, the user should know how to use it.
- Go all in: Make sure to take full advantage of the software, devote your full time required by the software to process, outweigh the initial pain of the setup and adjustment.
- Focus on adaptation: Make sure that the employees, HR, and executives take the full advantage of the system to store and process their data.
- Stay up to date: HRIS should be updated from time to time, to receive more value and get the latest and the greatest feature.
The task of choosing the HRIS should not be taken lightly. The right system will solve all your organization problems and set your HR team free from all the massive and strategic problems of the organization.