Madurai Kamaraj University is a public university. The Madurai Kamaraj University is located in Madurai city of Tamil Nadu, India. The Madurai Kamaraj University was established in 1966. The university consists of about 18 schools, 72 departments and, 109 affiliated colleges. The university intake approx. 1,30,000 students every year.
The Madurai Kamaraj University also provides hostel facility for the students. There are 5 men’s hostels and, 3 women’s hostels in the Madurai Kamaraj University campus. The MKU is the oldest university in the country. The MKU is covering 4 districts named as Madurai, Virudhunagar, Dindugal, and Theni. The MKU offers all the regular academic programs.
Madurai Kamaraj University Courses
The MKU offers a variety of courses. The university provides 44 postgraduate courses, 40 M.Phil. programs, 57 Ph.D. programs, and 17 diplomae/ PG diploma/ certificate programs.
|M.Com.||B.Com. degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
|M.Sc.||B. Sc. degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
|MCA||BCA degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
|MA||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
|M.Phil.||Postgraduate degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
|Ph.D.||Master’s degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks from a recognized university|
Madurai Kamaraj University Admission
The Admission process for filling the application form of MKU is as follows –
- The application form is available on the official website of MKU (www.mkuniversity.ac.in).
- The application form should be filled only in the English language.
- The application forms are available on the website according to the course. The candidate needs to fill the application form according to the selection of course.
- The photocopies of all the required documents should be attached which need to attest by Gazetted officer.
- Two self-address and two passport size photograph should be enclosed in the envelope.
- The application form should be sent via post.
- The demand draft for application form payment should be in the name of The Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University.
- The application fees are exempted for SC/ST category candidates.
Madurai Kamaraj University Ranking
The MKU ranked at 81 positions by The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in all over India. The MKU ranked at 54 positions among the universities.
Madurai Kamaraj University Scholarships
The students who score well and talented also get the scholarships provided by MKU. The name of some of the scholarships is as follows –
- Post-Metric National Scholarship for Disabilities.
- CSIR (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research).
- Tamil Nadu State BC/MBC/DNC scholarship
The fellowships provide by MKU is as follows –
- Lady Tata Memorial Trust fellowship.
- Innovation in Science Pursuit for inspired research (INSPIRE) fellowship.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST.
Madurai Kamaraj University Fees
The MKU fees according to the course are as follows –
|Master in Philosophy||1 year||2000|
|Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)||3 years||10,000|
|Diploma in business management||1 year||7000|
|Master in science||2 year||23,727|
|Certificate course||1 year||2.143|
|Postgraduate diploma||1 year||5,762|
Madurai Kamaraj University Facilities
The MKU provides most of the facilities to the students but the 2 most important ones are as follows –
- Library facility – The MKU provides library facility to the students. There are numerous books in the library by which students can study properly.
- Hostel facility – The MKU provides hostel facility for both men and women. There are 5 men’s hostel and 3 women’s hostel on the university campus.