Course Finder
Blog
Login

Assumption College

Written by  Piyush Bhartiya, MBA

Published on Mon, March 2, 2020 8:15 AM   Updated on Mon, April 6, 2020 8:54 AM   3 mins read

Assumption College is a Roman Catholic college located in Worcester, Massachusetts. It is a private liberal arts college. They have 2,117 undergraduate students studying in different fields. The Assumption College has applied to the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education and will gain university status in 2021.

The subjects taught in the Assumption College include – 

• Mathematics
  • Computer Science
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Botany
  • Zoology
  • Home Science [Family and Community Science]
  • English Language & Literature 
  • Malayalam
  • Economics
  • Communicative English [SF]
  • Museology and Archaeology [SF]
  • History
  • Sanskrit
  • Sociology
  • Kerala Culture 
  • Political Science
  • Social formation in Indian History

Assumption College also offers various add-on courses and research programs for qualifying students. 

Student publications

The students of Assumption College take an active part in co-curricular activities. They create and manage several publications including – 

1. Le Provocateur (student newspaper):
    • This publication is edited by the students and published on a bimonthly basis. The department called “The Provoc’ is handled by a staff of student editors along with writers that contribute to the publication. 
  2. Heights (yearbook)
  3. Thoreau’s Rooster (creative nonfiction journal)

Auditorium of the Assumption College 

The Auditorium of the Assumption College was built in 1962. It has a 1000 seating capacity. Small events and functions take place in this auditorium. 

The Kavukattu Hall is larger and has a 2000 seating capacity. This is used for larger functions that involve the entire Assumption College.

Pope John Paul II Indoor Stadium 

The Pope John Paul II Indoor Stadium is a multipurpose stadium of the Assumption College that is used for cultural functions. The stadium has a 2000 seating capacity. 

The DTP Centre of the Assumption College 

The students use the DTP Centre of the Assumption College for technical assistance. The students can get help for projects that include the activities of typing, printing, and scanning. The DTP Centre of the Assumption College also provides the facilities of Spiral and Hard binding, including Photostat services.

Canteen and Cafeteria of the Assumption College 

The Canteen and Cafeteria of the Assumption College have three sections divided for students, teachers, and the non-teaching staff. It works from 8.30 am to 5 pm. It is large, spacious, and serves good quality snacks and refreshments. The students can be entertained with their TV section. 

The college store of the Assumption College 

The college store of the Assumption College sells things related to the academic and non-academic needs of students and teachers. They sell books, textbooks, fancy items, and general stationery. 

Parking Facility of the Assumption College

The Parking Facility of the Assumption College is spread across 3000sq.ft and can accommodate two-wheelers and four-wheelers. 

Mess Hall of the Assumption College

The Mess Hall of the Assumption College is a large spacious room that is well ventilated for lunch and recreation purposes. 

Other facilities in the Assumption College are –

• Two public telephone booths 
  • Coin Boxes 
  • Four televisions
  • Business Incubation Centre
  • ATM Facility
  • Interactive Board 
  • Online class

About the Author & Expert

Avatar

Piyush Bhartiya

Author • MBA • 20 Years

Piyush values education and has studied from the top institutes of IIT Roorkee, IIM Bangalore, KTH Sweden and Tsinghua University in China. Post completing his MBA, he has worked with the world's # 1 consulting firm, The Boston Consulting Group and focused on building sales and marketing verticals for top MNCs and Indian business houses.