Gauhati University otherwise called GU situated in Jalukbari, Guwahati, is the most established and one of the most famous colleges in North East India. It was set up in 1948. It is an educating and affiliating college.
It is an authorized grade “A” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Beginning with 18 subsidiary schools and 8 Post Graduate Departments in 1948, Gauhati University, today, has 39 Post Graduate Departments, other than IDOL (Institute of Distance and Open Learning), a constituent Law and Engineering College. It has 341 associated universities offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the resources of Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, and Engineering. Gauhati University is an individual from the Association of Indian Universities and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Established in the year 1948 under the Gauhati University Act, 1947 passed by the State Legislature of Assam, Gauhati University (GU) is the most seasoned and biggest college in North-East India. It has been reliably positioned among the best colleges in the district by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). It contains 42 Post Graduate Departments, an Institute of Science and Technology, an Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL), and a constituent Law College inside its principal grounds.
GU is subsidiary to in excess of 350 universities that give undergrad and postgraduate courses across seven resources to be specific Law, Medicine, and Allied Health, Arts, Science, Commerce and Management, Sciences, Engineering, and Technology.
Gauhati University Result
Gauhati University consistently gives a simple and easy way to get to the UI for their outcome checking page, underneath we give bit by bit strategy to check your GU results.
- In the first place, check above and click on the given connection as indicated by your semester.
- There are two connections, one is a PDF (which contains just move nos) and another Mark sheet interface is for checking full stamps subtleties.
- On the off chance that you click PDF, at that point, a PDF will be downloaded where you have to look through your roll no.
- In the event that you pick a marksheet interface, a page will stack and where you have to enter your Roll Number.
- Subsequent to entering your Roll Number snap on a Red-hued Get Result button.
- Presently inside 1-2 seconds, a page will stack with containing your imprints subtleties.
- You can likewise be ready to print this outcome by tapping the gave Print choice.
Gauhati University Result 2020
Gauhati University discharges the GU UG/PG Results on the official site. According to the ongoing update, M.A. III Sem (Arabic), MBA (Business Economics) I Sem, and a couple of different outcomes are discharged. In the interim, the college has additionally discharged outcomes for a couple of different courses. The anticipated course-wise outcomes will likewise be discharged in the up and coming days. GU discharges the GU TDC BA, BSc, BCom, first, third, fifth Sem Result for scholarly meeting 2019-2020. All the applicants who have shown up for the semester/yearly tests can check their outcomes here.
The GU results have been discharged for normal and private competitors across Arts, Commerce, and Science streams. Understudies can check GU semester results for Sem 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 by entering their Roll Number and different subtleties.
How to check result 2020
The GU semester/yearly assessment results are discharged through online mode. Subsequently, check the means to check your Gauhati University Results 2019-20:
First Step: Visit the official site – guportal.in
Second Step: Click on the connection ‘GU Results’ present on the page.
Third Step: another page opens. Select ‘Result Type’, ‘Scholarly Session’, ‘Degree Type’, ‘Course’, and ‘Staff’.
Fourth Step: After you select all the subtleties if the outcome is accessible the rundown obviously shrewd outcome connections will be shown. Something else, the page will show a notification saying – ‘Result Not Declared!’. Check for the outcome connection and snap on it.
Fifth Step: another page will open. Presently enter ‘Move number’, ‘Date of Birth’, ‘security key’ and snap on the ‘Proceed’ button.
Sixth Step: The outcome will be shown. Spare it as PDF for future reference.
Gauhati University Portal
Gauhati University is the Oldest and Most Reputed University in North East India. Gauhati University Conducts Under Graduate TDC Exams in different UG Colleges in Assam which are subsidiary with Gauhati University. Consistently they distribute Gauhati University Result TDC BA/B.Sc./B. Com on the Gauhati college result site www.gauhati.ac.in.
Gauhati University Exam Routine
Gauhati University leads a degree level assessment for its understudies who are right now perusing in their semester framework. GU Exam routine is discharged around multiple times in a year and furthermore for this first 50% of 2020 Gauhati University is prepared to arrange an assessment for BA, BSc, and BCom second, fourth, and sixth semesters last assessment 2020. Normally, GU directs its assessment in May-June for the second, fourth, and sixth semesters and furthermore all the while November-December for the first, third, and fifth semesters.
Gauhati University Admit Card
Competitors can download the concession card for the Gauhati University selection test from the official site of the college. Aside from this, hopefuls can likewise demand the concession card by post; however, for this, they have to contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations.
Visit the website www.guportal.in
Gauhati University Admit Card – How to download
Understudies who are concentrating under the Gauhati University and getting ready for TDC first, third and fifth-semester assessment are mentioned to follow underneath offered steps to download the concede card of assessment online after the official declaration.
- Visit the site www.guportal.in
- Snap-on Download Admit Card.
- The concede card page will open.
- Select any one choice from (Registration No. /Roll No. /Name and DOB).
- Enter the necessary data.
- Snap-on the “Download Admit Card” button.
- The concede Card will get downloaded.
- Check the printed data on the Admit Card.
- Take the print of the Gauhati University Admit Card.
Gauhati University Admission 2020
Competitors can follow the given strides beneath to fill their application type of Gauhati University 2020 ina bother freeway.
Steps to fill Gauhati University Application Form
Stage 1. Enlistment
- Visit the official site of Gauhati University (www.gauhati.ac.in)
- Snap-on ‘Confirmation’
- Enter your legitimate email ID and versatile number.
- The client ID and secret word will be sent to the enrolled email IDs and versatile quantities of up-and-comers
Stage 2. Filling the Gauhati application structure 2020
- Snap-on ‘Continue to Application’ alternative
- Enter all the individual, scholastic subtleties
- Enter your inclinations of degree and school
Stage 3. Transfer records
- Transfer the filtered duplicates of the imperative pictures in the measurements recommended beneath
|Images/Documents||Dimensions||Image size||File format|
|Photograph||413 x 531||Up to 100 KB||.jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, and .png|
|Signature||512 x 128||Up to 100 KB||.jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, and .png|
|Graduation Mark Sheet||–||File size should not be greater than 200 KB, equal to or less than 100 KB||.jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, and .png|
|Minority/Caste Certificate||–||100 KB||.jpeg, .jpg, .bmp, and .png|
Stage 4. Charge Payment
- Pay the Gauhati University application charge utilizing the e-installment interface
- Pick the installment mode – Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
Significant Note – Candidates can apply for a limit of three courses utilizing a similar application structure for Gauhati University 2020 affirmation.
Further, they can likewise apply to one customary program with two interdisciplinary projects in particular. Interdisciplinary projects incorporate Biotechnology, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication Technology, European Studies, Environmental Science, Instrumentation, and Applied Physics, Comparative Indian Literature, Library and Information Science, Linguistics and ELT, Sociology, Psychology, Women’s Studies, Microbiology.
Gauhati University Website
The University website is:
Gauhati University b.ed
The college will discharge the application type of Gauhati University 2020 on July 15 in online mode at gauhati.ac.in. Competitors will be allowed to fill the Gauhati University application structure before the accommodation cutoff time. It must be noticed that the college won’t be tolerating any structures in disconnected mode (by post/messenger, and so forth.).
For those looking for confirmation under any ‘Reservation/Quota’ (viz. Diversely Abled, Disabled, children and little girls of perpetual GU worker administration, Fringe town and Extracurricular and Co-curricular exercises and so forth.), extra endorsed structures are to be submitted independently in the concerned divisions. Extra recommended structures are accessible in the Gauhati University Press (GUP).
Hrdc Gauhati University
The Human Resource Development Centre has started it’s a mission on 8th June 1988 and has devoted itself to training and professional development of college and university teachers, Principal and academic administrator, non-technical staff, and Ph.D. students.
HRDC, Gauhati University was the first center in the NE region for teacher training in Higher Education. It has also taken the lead in enriching the training programs with virtual classroom facility through satellite interaction terminal under the auspices of EDUsAT programs run by the Consortium of Educational Communication (CEC), New Delhi. For the benefit of graduate and post-graduate Students, this HRDC has been offering a 3-month Certificate course on GIS, GPS, and Remote Sensing (RS) techniques in collaboration with IIRS, Dehradun, and ISRO.
Gauhati University Address
The address for the Gauhati University is Jalukbari, Guwahati, Assam 781014.
Gauhati University MBA
The Master of Business Administration course called the Course hereafter, shall comprise two academic years and each academic year shall consist of two semesters. Each semester shall approximately consist of 18 weeks of teaching, 3 weeks of academic and other formalities, including the semester examination.
Qualified candidates should show up in a composed test, to be directed by Gauhati University, intended to assess their quantitative fitness, general mindfulness, and capability in English. Be that as it may, applicants who need to show up in any of the All India Common Entrance of the pertinent meeting for admission to the MBA program, viz. Feline, MAT, ATMA, or XAT and scored marks at least 75 percentile are absolved from showing up in the composed test directed by Gauhati University. Up-and-comers qualifying in the composed test directed by Gauhati University or an applicant having scored marks at the very least 75 percentiles in the previously mentioned All India Common Entrance might be allowed to show up in the Group Discussion, and Personal Interview for determination. The last determination will be founded on the candidate’s general execution in the composed test, bunch conversation, and meeting.
Gauhati University Courses
Courses offered by Gauhati University for various fields are:
- B.A. (Bodo) 3 Years
- B.A. (Hons.) Sociology 3 Years
- B.A. (Sociology) 3 Years
- B.Ed. 2 Years
- M.A. (Anthropology) 2 Years
- M.A. (Arabic) 2 Years
- M.A. (Assamese) 2 Years
- M.A. (Bengali) 2 Years
- M.A. (Bodo) 2 Years
- M.A. (Comparative Indian Literature) 2 Years
- M.A. (Economics) 2 Years
- M.A. (Education) 2 Years
- M.A. (English Language and Literature) 2 Years
- M.A. (English Language Teaching) 2 Years
- M.A. (English) 2 Years
- M.A. (Geography) 2 Years
- M.A. (Hindi) 2 Years
- M.A. (History) 2 Years
- M.A. (Linguistics) 2 Years
- M.A. (Mathematics) 2 Years
- M.A. (Persian) 2 Years
- M.A. (Philosophy) 2 Years
- M.A. (Political Science) 2 Years
- M.A. (Psychology) 2 Years
- M.A. (Sanskrit) 2 Years
- M.A. (Sociology) 2 Years
- M.A. (Women’s Studies) 2 Years
- M.B.E. (Master of Business Economics) 2 Years
- M.Ed. 2 Years
- M.Lib.Sc. 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Assamese) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Bengali) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Comparative Indian Literature) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Economics) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Education) 1 Years
- M.Phil. (English) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Folklore Research) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Geography) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Hindi) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (History) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Library & Information Science) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Mathematics) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Philosophy) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Political Science) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Sanskrit) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Statistics) 2 Years
- M.Phil. (Women’s Studies) 2 Years
- Ph.D. (Arabic) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Assamese) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Bengali) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Bodo) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Economics) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Education) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (English Literature) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (English) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Folklore Research) 1 Years
- Ph.D. (French) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Geography) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Hindi) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (History) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Library & Information Science) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Linguistics) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Persian) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Philosophy) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Political Science) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Psychology) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Sanskrit) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Sociology) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Women’s Studies) 3 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Oriya 1 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Assamese 1 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Disabilities Studies – PGDDS 6 Months
- Post Graduate Diploma in French 2 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Russian 1 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Spoken Persian 1 Years
- Certificate Course in French 1 Years
- Certificate Course in Women’s Studies 1 Years
- Certificate in Psychological Counselling 1 Years
- Post Graduate Certificate Course in Disabilities Studies – PGCCDS 6 Months
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology) 4 Years
- B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering) 4 Years
- B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) 4 Years
- M.Phil. (Electronics & Communication) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Instrumentation Technology) 2 Years
- M.Tech. (Biotechnology) 2 Years
- M.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) 2 Years
- M.Tech. (Information Technology) 2 Years
- M.Tech. (Materials Science and Technology) 2 Years
- Ph.D. (Electronics and Communications Engineering) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Electronics and Telecommunication) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Instrumentation Technology) 3 Years
- B.S. (Chemical Science) 4 Years
- B.S. (Mathematical Science) 3 Years
- B.S. (Physical Science) 4 Years
- M.Phil. (Botany) 1 Years
- M.Phil. (Electronics) 2 Years
- M.S. (Chemical Science) 4 Years
- M.S. (Mathematical Science) 4 Years
- M.S. (Physical Science) 4 Years
- M.Sc. (Animal Ecology and Wildlife Biology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Anthropology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Biotechnology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Botany) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Cancer Biology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Computer Science) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Economics) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Electronics & Communication) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Electronics and Telecommunication) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Environmental Management) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Environmental Science) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Geography) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Geology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Mathematics) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Microbiology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Microelectronics and Advanced Communication) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Physics) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Radiological Physics) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Statistics) 2 Years
- M.Sc. (Zoology) 2 Years
- M.Sc. + Ph.D. (Food Science) 5 Years
- M.Sc. (Geological Sciences) 2 Years
- M.Sc. in Instrumentation and Applied Physics 2 Years
- Ph.D. (Anthropology) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Biotechnology) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Botany) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Chemical Sciences) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Chemistry) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Computer Science) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Environmental Science) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Geological Sciences) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Geology) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Mathematical Science) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Physical Science) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Physics) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Radiological Physics) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Zoology) 3 Years
- PG Diploma in Analytical Chemistry 1 Years
- M.B.A. 2 Years
- M.B.A. (Executive) 2 Years
- Ph.D. (Business Administration) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Human Resource) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Management Studies) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Marketing) 3 Years
- Diploma in Human Resource Management (D.H.R.M.) 1 Years
- Diploma in Marketing Management 1 Years
Mass Communications Courses
- M.Phil. (Mass Communication) 2 Years
- Master of Mass Communication (M.M.C.) 2 Years
- B.Com. 3 Years
- M.Com. 2 Years
- M.Com. (Integrated) 5 Years
- Ph.D. (Commerce) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Finance) 3 Years
- Ph.D. (Statistics) 2 Years
Professional Courses Courses
- Diploma in Insurance 1 Years
Information Technology Courses
- B.C.A. 3 Years
- B.Tech. (Information Technology) 4 Years
- M.Sc. (Information Technology) 2 Years
- Ph.D. (Information Technology) 3 Years
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications – PGDCA 1 Years
- B.A. + L.L.B. (Hons) 5 Years
- L.L.B. 3 Years
- L.L.B. (Hons.) 3 Years
- L.L.M. 2 Years
- Ph.D. (Law) 2 Years
Gauhati University Contact
For any query contact at-
8638496825,7002473928, 8789922152, 8948918631
Between 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM(Monday to Friday)
Ans If you are a student applying under any reserved quota (OBC/ MOBC/ST/SC etc), you need to upload it. However, if you have not got the PRC, you can upload the caste Certificate issued by the competent authority as well. But, at the time of admission, you must produce the PRC of Assam. For General-Category students, it is not mandatory.
Ans. No, it’s not a central university. It is the oldest and one of the most renowned universities in North East India. The university was established by an act of the State Legislature: the Gauhati University Act 1947 (Assam Act, XVI of 1947) of the government of Assam in 1948. It is a teaching-&-affiliating university.
Ans. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Gauhati University 47 among universities in 2020.
Ans. The University has 350+ affiliated colleges/ institutes offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Law, and Engineering.
Ans Gauhati University is the State Government University owned by the Government of Assam, India, and regulated by UGC. It is a teaching-&-affiliating university.