The University of Strathclyde is a public research university and a home to 23000 students across 100 countries. The university is located in Glasgow, Scotland. It was founded in the year 1796 as an Andersonian institute. This university is Glasgow’s second-oldest university. The university has remarkable professionals and facilities. It is a renowned university in Scotland.
The University of Strathclyde is a leading technological university. The university with its student population of around 23,000 plus has a vibrant international community. Many foreign students join the university due to its quality of education and global recognition in the field of research and technology.
The level of education is pretty high. The courses offered are world-class fulfilling the needs of international students. There are four main branches under which different courses are offered by the university:
- Humanities and social science
The courses which this university offers have high credibility in the corporate world. The university is ranked among the best global universities by U.S. News and world report at #434. The Guardian ranked the university at # 51st position. Also, according to the latest survey of The Times Higher Education, the university is ranked at #401. Hence it is a well-reputed university that exists today with lots of opportunities for aspirants to learn and grow in their respective fields.
Talking about the acceptance rate of the university, it is 42% which means that you have to be a splendid player in your field to enroll yourself in the university. They give admissions to students who are good in academics, they can make it at the university and enjoy the campus life which is simply amazing at the University of Strathclyde.
The university offers different courses in the above-mentioned streams. There are nearly 121 courses available that the university offers. From undergraduate to diploma courses. Everything is available for the candidates who aspire to join the university.
The average tuition fees for 1 year at the university for the bachelor’s program are around 10 lakhs while for the master’s program it is around 20 lakh ( the average tuition fees for a year). I have listed some of the courses which are offered by the university:
|Course||1-year tuition fee|
The masters of business administration course offered by the University of Strathclyde start from September onwards. It is a part-time course with a tenure of 3 years. The program fits around your career to being a manager. The part-time program has representatives from sectors such as:
- financial services
- public and not-for-profit organizations.
The major advantage of the part-time MBA program is its flexibility. There is no restriction binding you to the location. You can pursue your MBA from anywhere.
This course is based on collaborative learning.
For entry to the MBA program you must:
- hold a degree from a UK university or equivalent academic qualification from a comparable non-UK institution. If you studied for your undergraduate degree at a non-UK institution we’ll need a copy of your degree transcript. Professional qualifications will also be considered.
- Be at least 24 years of age.
- Have a minimum of three years of full-time postgraduate experience where the management of people and resources has played a significant role.
The university offers postgraduate programs in the following subjects:
- Accounting and finance
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing science
The university offers undergraduate courses in the following departments:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil and environmental engineering
- Design, manufacturing and engineering management
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Naval architecture, ocean, and marine engineering
The university claims that almost 90% of their graduates after passing out from the university find work within six months.
The university offers daytime, evening, and weekend programs. The center for lifelong learning which is a part of the university offers various short term courses to its diverse student community. They are giving classes to adults who are around 40 years of age showing no age barriers to education. In the present situation, the university is providing online classes to all of its students There will be no opening till January 2021.
The fee structure for different courses is as follow:
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees|
|MBA(1 Course)||12 Months||INR 29.5L|
|BSc(1 Course)||4 Years||INR 18.5L|
|MS(55 Courses)||12 – 24 Months||INR 11.1L – 21.3L|
|MIM(30 Courses)||1 – 2 Years||INR 12.4L – 22.8L|
|BBA(17 Courses)||3 – 4 Years||INR 14.3L – 16.4L|
|MEM(3 Courses)||1 – 2 Years||INR 19.6L|
|BHM(1 Course)||4 Years||INR 14.3L|
|MPharm(1 Course)||4 Years||INR 18.5L|
|BE/Btech(8 Courses)||4 – 5 Years||INR 14.3L – 20.1L|
|March(2 Courses)||1 – 2 Years||INR 15.7L – 19.6L|
|Other Courses(2 Courses)||1 Year||INR 14.3L – 15.4L|
Strathclyde university admissions:
The admission criteria differ according to the courses. The students need to crack IELTS and PTE to get enrolled in the university. The university has set certain minimum scores for different courses, how much the aspirant must score in these exams. Apart from that here I have mentioned the various requirements to get an admission at the university. Have a look!
|Documents||SOP: Not required LOR: Needed for a few coursesEssays: Needed for a few courses CV: Needed for a few courses Additional documents: Required|
|Application fees||Pound 18 – 20|
|Type of deadline||Regular|
|Intake Season & Deadlines||Fall: 30ᵗʰ Jun – 31ˢᵗ Jul 2020|
The university also provides financial assistance to brilliant minds by giving around 52 scholarships to its students. The amount may vary according to the scholarship. If you are not that financially strong than need not worry as it will not be an obstacle for you between you and your education. You simply need to find out a scholarship that best fits you. I have mentioned some of the scholarships below:
|Go clean scholarship||2,64,355|
|Hani Zeini scholarship||75,530|
|Global study awards||9,36,800|
|Jared J. Davis scholarship||75,530|
On-campus, accommodation is available at the University of Strathclyde. The university has a dedicated accommodation services team for all the eligible students. It has different halls such as:
- Andrew ure hall
- Forbes hall
- Chancellors hall
- Garnett hall and many more
With different facilities and prices, these halls are made available to students for accommodation. The average accommodation fees per year at the University of Strathclyde is Rs 5.1 lakh. University provides accommodation to all of its students.
The alumni network of the university is very strong it has several notable alumni such as:
- Tom Hunter ( Businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist)
- Elish Angiolini (Advocate)
- Brian Souter (Businessman)
- David Livingstone ( Physician)
- Tommy Sheridan ( Politician)
- John Logie Baird ( Inventor)
- Sanjay K. Jha ( Indian American business executive)
These are some of the notable alumni of the university.
The reviews of the university are quite good, they are highly positive from the students.
Here are some of them:
- “I had a great time at the University of Strathclyde Business School. Unfortunately, my presence is overdue to the current COVID-crisis, but the crisis management of the university was very good and supportive. I’m an MSc Financial Technology student and was impressed by the very good and practice-oriented lecturers. I had previously studied at one of the best universities on the European mainland, but not at a business school, and finally decided to do this unique master program at an institution that is dedicated to teaching practical knowledge. This was implemented and I feel very well prepared for a later career, especially in management consulting or investment banking. What was negative here was the career service, other universities manage this better and I often traveled to Oxbridge to attend networking events. This is made up for by the many societies and the outstanding social life on and off-campus. In summary, I can clearly recommend Business School!”
- “Great uni, having a lot of fun studying here,”
- Amazing, best uni there is. Would 100% recommend to anyone. The student uni and really helpful and always happy to help.
On average students have given 4 out of 5 stars to the university.
16 Richmond St, Glasgow G1 1XQ, United Kingdom
University of Strathclyde, address
Yes, the university is the second oldest university in Scotland and is globally recognized. It is a public university that is famous for its technological and research programs.
It is 42%.
The admission criteria differ according to the courses. The students need to crack IELTS and PTE to get enrolled in the university. The university has set certain minimum scores for different courses, how much the aspirant must score in these exams.