The University of Siegen is an interdisciplinary public research university located in Siegen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. The University was founded in 1971 when it got merged with a nearby technical college creating a comprehensive university. It is one of the leading German universities. It is a part of Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, a society of Germany’s leading research universities.
The University is subdivided into four faculties and 144 programs of study. Due to the University of Siege being public in nature, it does not charge tuition fees. The University has a Special Emphasis on student life and International students. The University empathizes with working with alumni and organizes alumni meetings at regular intervals.
University of Siegen: Education
The University of Siegen aims to provide a prosperous future for people and society. The University’s motto “Shaping the future humanely” further solidifies the aforementioned statement. The University of Siegen’s work is regarded as a creative place of education, research and innovation. In the context of the progressive and increasingly intensely mediatized and autonomously technical digitization, sensory and nanotechnologies developments penetrate rapidly and often without reflection into all areas of our lives. The University of Siegen is home to several notable centres of investigation in fields such as particle physics, teacher training and gender studies, to name but a few.
University of Siegen: Facts and figures
Here are some of the interesting facts and figures related to University of Siegen:
- The University takes part in Erasmus programs
- According to THE World University Rankings 2020, the University of Siegen secured #501-600th rank.
- The University of Siegen has a Student-to-staff ratio of 10:1.
- Presently there are 19,268 students enrolled in various UG and PG programs of the university.
- Student Ratio of Females to Males of the university is 50:50.
- 12% of the International students are enrolled in various UG, PG programs at University of Kaiserslautern.
- There are 23 Scientific Centres in the University of Siegen.
University of Siegen: Courses Offered
There are 6 faculties of University of Siegen, which are as follows:
Faculty I: School of Arts and Humanities
Faculty II: School of Education, Architecture and the Arts
Faculty III: School of Economic Disciplines
Faculty IV: School of Science and Technology
Faculty V: School of Life Sciences
The University of Siegen offers in total 126-degree programmes in Bachelors, Masters and International Graduate programs, namely:
- Graduate program in Literature, Culture, Media
- BA in History
- BA in Language and Communication
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor’s in Music
- Bachelor in Economics (BE)
- Bachelor in Informatics Systems
- B.Sc in Physics
- B.Sc in Chemistry
- Bachelor in Social Sciences
- MA in Advanced Literary Studies: Literature, Culture and Media
- MA in Language and Linguistics: German, English and Romance Languages
- M.Sc in Accounting, Auditing & Taxation
- M.Sc in Controlling and Risk Management
- M.Sc in Electrical Engineering
- M.Sc in Automotive Engineering
- Master of Laws (LLM) in German & European Economic Law
- M.Sc. in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- M.Sc. in Materials Science & Engineering
- M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
International Graduate Programs
The University of Siegen offers 5 International Graduate programs to its students, which are as follows:
- MSc in Chemistry
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Mechatronics
- M.A. Roads to Democracy(ies)
- Master in Economic Policy (MEPS)
I hope this article provided information about the University of Siegen.
- https://www.uni-siegen.de/start/index.html.en?lang=en (University of Siegen Official Website).
- Stats and Figures – Official Website and https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/university-siegen (THE Rankings 2020).