The Executive MBA program or EMBA program is an alternative for working management professionals who wants to merit an MBA degree without taking a break off from their job. Executive MBA aids the working professionals as they can practically employ the management practices, tools, and techniques learned in the program. Students can see the live impact of their learning by employing these tools and techniques in the organization. This helps them to apprehend their vulnerable spot, so they can enhance their knowledge.
The executive MBA is a two – year program and aimed at improving the managerial skills of the working professionals. The executive MBA syllabus is no different from the regular MBA syllabus. However, the teaching approach of the trainer or the tutor is different for EMBA students than that of regular MBA students. These working professionals have years of experience in their hands. The program is designed to equip them with the conceptual understanding to clarify their doubts and help to grow in their career.
As claimed by the reports, the average age of an executive MBA student is 38 years. It can be implied from the report that the professionals pursuing executive MBA have expertise in their domain and better industry knowledge when compared to a regular MBA student. These students have an average experience of 14 years, reports mentioned. This experience brings different practical examples to the classroom which can be utilized by everyone to improve the management in their department or organization.
- EMBA is a two – year program dedicated to the management professionals.
- Professionals do not have to discontinue their job to participate in the EMBA.
- Usually, classes are organized on weekends to avoid any clash between the work and study.
- The expertise of professionals brings live examples to the classroom which can help anyone in the classroom.
- A collaborative learning experience with other management professionals.
What is an Executive MBA?
Executive MBA is a management program designed by institutes for working managerial professionals who are willing to boost their careers and reach a new height of management. EMBA is dedicated to working professionals who have a basic understanding of management but want to gain the advanced knowledge of it to use it in the organization for their self-growth and growth of the organization as well.
It is a full-time as well as part-time program depending upon the institute offering the program. The duration of the full-time program is generally two years but few institutes offer the same full-time program in the duration of 12 months to 15 months. The duration of part-time courses may vary from 15 months to 3 years.
Best Colleges in India for Executive MBA
India is a home for some of the best business schools in the world – be it the Indian Institute of Management, Indian School of Business, Symbiosis, and many others.
With such a long list of Executive MBA colleges, students get puzzled that what are some of the best among this long list. Keeping the factors like reputation, course curriculum, fee structure, credibility, and record in thoughts.
Below is the list of the best colleges in India for Executive MBA:
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Indian School of Business
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
- Symbiosis, Pune
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- FORE School of Management
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Xavier University, Bhubaneshwar
- Institute of Management Technology
- Management Development Institute
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Executive MBA Eligibility
Eligibility for the Executive MBA program varies from one college to another. However, the basic requirement is similar in all cases. Candidates are required to have completed their graduation and carry a certain period of work experience are eligible to apply for the Executive MBA program in any of the premier business institute or the institute of their choice.
Work experience is a major requirement and many institutes use it as a selection criterion.
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent with minimum 50% score.
- Applicant must have a full-time industry experience of 5 years to apply in any of the premier institutes.
- Applicant must have a valid GMAT/GRE score which should not be more than 3-5 years old.
- The applicant must have attained the age of 25 at the time of registration.
Executive MBA in India
Irrespective of the fact that which degree has landed you in the organization, an MBA is always useful to step up the ladder of corporate, especially in a populated country like India. People in India cannot afford to take a break off from their job or take a sabbatical to bag a degree.
An Executive MBA comes as a lifesaver in this situation. Learning and earning can go neck and neck to each other without landing yourself in a dilemma. The number of institutes in India offers both full time and part-time EMBA degree as per the need of the individual.
- The duration of EMBA varies from 15 months to 2-3years.
- When compared to a regular MBA, EMBA is comparatively expensive.
- All premiere business schools in India offer the EMBA program.
- Executive MBA works as a career booster for the working management professionals.
Executive MBA at IIM
It’s not a secret that when it comes to top business schools in India, IIMs are always at the top of the list. Indian Institute of Management is the most reputed business school across the country and every MBA aspirant wants to join the IIM – be it regular MBA aspirant or Executive MBA aspirant. All major IIMs offer EMBA to management professionals. With the best mind available as faculties for support, aspirants learn about the basics and advance of management and build an overall management stature of themselves.
- Learning in an IIM is a whole new experience that no MBA aspirant wants to lose.
- The curriculum of EMBA is designed to meet the needs of aspirants.
- EMBA from IIM is expensive but the return on investment worth the expenses.
- With the desired learning attitude of the aspirant, a high jump in the career is a cakewalk.
- Candidates from IIM are given preference over other candidates for any vacant position – PERK.
Executive MBA from IIM Bangalore
IIM Bangalore is among the top-rated IIM in the country and one of the most reputed business schools across the globe. The Executive MBA program which IIM-B refers to as Executive Post Graduate Program in Management (EPGP) started in 2009, prepares the aspirants to skill up themselves and reach new levels of management in their organization.
This is done through rigorous training and learning practices throughout the year. IIM-B EPGP prepares the leaders for the organization, not limited to managers, who can analyze the impact of unforeseen situations and strategize accordingly.
- Executive MBA is a full-time one-year program at IIM-B.
- The one-year program is as comprehensive as the two-year MBA program.
- EPGP in Management aspirants is required to have 5-15 years of managerial experience.
- To be eligible to apply, aspirants must have scored 50% in graduation with a valid GMAT/GRE score.
Executive MBA from IIM Ahmedabad
The Executive MBA program at IIM Ahmedabad is known as the Post Graduate Program in Management for Executive (MBA – PGPX). IIM Ahmedabad is rated as the “Best Management Institute” in its first-ever ranking list prepared by National Institutional Ranking Framework.
MBA – PGPX in IIM Ahmedabad started five years ago in 2016, and since then it has polished the number of management professionals in their approach. IIM Ahmedabad’s rigorous selection criteria make sure that only the most deserving candidates get the coaching from the finest faculties in the country.
- MBA – PGPX is a one-year full-time residential program at IIM Ahmedabad.
- Applicant’s minimum age should be 25 years at the time of registration.
- IIM Ahmedabad demands a minimum of 4 years of full-time work experience.
- Apart from a bachelor’s degree and valid GMAT/GRE score, candidates have to clear three rounds of the application process.
Executive MBA from IIM Calcutta
Designed for professionals with more than five years of full-time work experience, MBA for Executives at IIM Calcutta prepares the candidates for the futuristic business problem by equipping their mind with tools and techniques that help them to analyze the future of the business.
IIM Calcutta hones the executives and their thought process with live and current scenarios of the management. The one-year program at IIM Calcutta produces the leaders of the future with an improved perspective towards the management.
- Started in 2006, MBA for Executives at IIM Calcutta is a 15 years old program.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience.
- Aspirants must have a bachelor’s degree along with a valid GMAT score of not more than 3 years old.
Executive MBA from IIM Lucknow
Initiated to provide a platform to the working professionals in the year 2008, International Program in Management for Executives, popularly known as IPMX is offered by IIM Lucknow.
IPMX is accessible at the Noida Campus of IIM Lucknow and is formulated to help the professionals at managerial posts to prepare themselves for the leadership roles by growing them personally and professionally. Association of MBAs has accredited this program to lift the credibility of the program if the name IIM is not sufficient for anyone.
- IPMX is a one-year full-time residential program.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience after graduation is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 50% score and a valid GMAT score of not more than 5 years is required for the application.
- Selection is based on the GMAT score, Academic and professional profile, writing ability test, and personal interview.
Executive MBA Fees At IIM
MBA Executive fee is different for all the above listed IIMs. If compared to other institutes, the MBA Executive fee is much higher. Fees for Executive MBA at IIM ranges from INR 23,50,000 to INR 28,00,000.
This includes tuition fees, accommodation charges, international immersion, refundable security deposit, and other services. For additional charges ranging from INR 60,000 to INR 1,25,000 students can opt for a room within the campus only.
Fee Structure of IIM-B (In INR.)
- The program fee at IIM Ahmedabad for PGPX is INR 28,00,000 which includes tuition fees, accommodation charges, International Immersion cost, and other mandatory charges.
- The program fee at IIM Calcutta for MBA for Executives is INR 27,00,000 includes tuition fees, cost of course material, International Immersion cost, and other charges.
- The program fee at IIM Lucknow for IPMX is INR 23,50,000 and INR 30,000 as a refundable security deposit.
Executive MBA At FMS
Faculty of Management Studies is the most mature and noteworthy management institute in India. Affiliated by the University of Delhi, FMS came into existence in 1954. FMS offers MBA Executive & MBA Executive HCA (Health Care Administration) Programs to the experienced managers who want to boost their career with an MBA degree.
These programs are designed to build the foundation of the students by introducing them with the basic concepts of the management. In the gradual process, students grasp the advance and complex aspects of the management.
- FMS – Delhi offers the two-year full-time program which executives can utilize as per schedule.
- Candidates are required to have scored at least 45% in bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of work experience after graduation.
- The annual tuition fee at FMS is INR 50,000 payable in 2 equivalent installments making it one of the most affordable management schools of the country.
- The number of seats available is limited to 159 for MBA Executive and 39 for MBA Executive HCA.
Executive MBA At ISB
The Indian School of Business promotes its Executive MBA program under the banner PGPMAX which stands for Post Graduate Program in Management for Senior Executives. The curriculum is designed to satiate the need of working professionals who are looking for their transformation into a global leader.
Their curriculum includes internationally used tools and techniques. To add to that, their faculties are from the best global business schools. ISB looks for candidates who have the desire to learn and grow.
- It’s a 15 month long full-time classroom-based program.
- Along with a bachelor’s degree, the applicant should have a minimum of 10 years of work experience.
- ISB is one of the most expensive business school in the country with fees amount of INR 39,63,000 excluding taxes. However, its record shows outstanding ROI and career growth.
Executive MBA At NMIMS
Executive MBA or EMBA from NMIMS is offered by the School of Business Management (SBM). This program inculcates the strategies which are helpful to every working professional.
EMBA from NMIMS is designed by keeping the requirement of different working professionals in mind and thus, this is one of the best and most flexible Executive MBA Programs offered in our country. An Executive MBA degree from NMIMS has the potential to thrust the career of a candidate to novel and pristine heights.
- Due to its flexibility, the duration of this program is 15 – 24 months.
- Inclusion of more discussion-based activities like a case study, group discussion, role-plays, quizzes, etcetera makes this program more interactive.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience are eligible to apply.
- Executive MBA from NMIMS costs INR 5,25,000. It is one of the most accessible Executive MBA programs available.
Executive MBA At XLRI
Xavier School of Management or popularly known as XLRI has produced some of the big names of the business world. The executive MBA program is presented as a Postgraduate Diploma in Management for Working Executives and Business Owners.
This is an AICTE approved program, aimed at delivering high-quality relevant content to the executives to improve their management skills and decision-making skills. The program is designed to fit the schedule of working professionals by conducting the classes on weekends only.
- This is a three-year part-time program dedicated to working professionals.
- Candidates are required to have at least 50% marks in bachelor’s degrees.
- The candidates must have at least 2 years of industry/ownership experience at the time of registration.
- The tuition fees for the program is INR 4,26,000 for the first year, INR 3,23,000 for the second year, and INR 3,23,000 for the final year.
Executive MBA At Symbiosis
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management offers MBA (Executive) program with a large pool of specialization in not only traditional domain but in emerging sectors like Analytics and IT and Innovation & Entrepreneurship. The objective of this program at Symbiosis is to generate a work-life and study balance for the aspirants.
With talented faculties and state of art infrastructure aided with years of experience and modern approach towards the business-related problem makes the MBA (Executive) program a preferred choice of the aspirants.
- MBA (Executive) is a 30-month non-residential program with weekend classes.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks and at least 2 years of full-time work experience.
- The final entry into the program is based on an Entrance Test followed by a Personal Interview.
- This program costs INR 6,30,000 and an additional refundable security deposit of INR 10,000.
Executive MBA At SP Jain
SP Jain School of Global Management’s Executive MBA is one of the highly appreciated programs for its flexible format. Aspirants can opt for an on-campus program or an online format depending upon their comfort. Their online format has helped hundreds of aspirants to be the part of the program without leaving their city or the job.
Going back to school after working for years is a whole new experience and the SP Jain Executive MBA program makes sure that aspirants get the most of this with the help of diverse faculties from different nations.
- EMBA at SP Jain is an 18 – month part-time program available in both on-campus and non – campus format.
- Aspirants with bachelor’s degrees and a minimum of 5 years of work experience can apply.
- This program can be pursued online at any of the SP Jain campuses in Dubai, Sydney, or Mumbai.
- Fees structure of SP Jain includes INR 12,74,00 as tuition fee, 1,50,000 as registration, and 1,50,000 as the final installment.
Executive MBA In Canada
With the economic growth in Canada, demand for business professionals with an MBA is on a surge. Working professionals may opt for an Executive MBA in Canada if this fits their schedule. Top Universities in Canada offer an Executive MBA program intending to develop an international approach in the candidates and prepare them to take better and strategic management decisions.
Institutes like the University of Toronto, Cornell University, and Queen’s University leads the path for candidates who are ready to take this program to improve themselves.
- Generally, the duration of this program is one year.
- To meet the schedule of the professionals, most institutes conduct the classes on weekends only.
- Rotman School of Management requires applicants to have more than 8 years of work experience.
- Tuition fee at Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto is 113,775 Canadian Dollars. The average tuition fee of an Executive MBA in Canada is 56,300 Canadian Dollars.
Executive MBA In Harvard
Harvard Business School offers multiple alternatives to the Executive MBA Program. The four different executive programs are designed specifically to cater to the need of different individuals. The aim to divide these programs is to make not puzzle the learning for the individuals.
Executives with different experiences have different approaches and perspectives towards the business and these programs help to not create an ado among the executives. Different executive programs offered are mentioned below.
- Advanced Management Program for executives with 20 years of work experience costs USD 80,000.
- General Management Program for executives with 15 – 20 years of work experience costs USD 72,000.
- Program for Leadership in Management for individuals with 10 – 15 years of work experience costs USD 52,000.
- Owner/President Management for owner or president with a minimum of 10 years of operating experience costs USD 44,000.
Difference between MBA and Executive MBA
It doesn’t matter when people decide to do go for an MBA program, it is always the right time. However, the working professionals who are not ready to quit their job may opt for the Executive MBA Program offered by the number of institutes in India.
Though these may appear the same in sense there is a slight difference between the two programs and candidates must be aware of these differences to make a better decision.
|General MBA||Executive MBA|
|General MBA is a two-year |
|Executive MBA varies from 12 |
months to 3 years.
|General MBA do not require any industry experience||Executive MBA requires minimum 5 years of industry experience|
|Usually, general MBA is a full-time program||Mostly, EMBA is a part-time |
program but some institutes offer
only full-time EMBA Program
|The average age of students in MBA is 28 years||The average age of students in |
EMBA is 38 years
|MBA prepares students to |
acquire a management position
|EMBA prepares managers to |
acquire leadership position and
make strategic decisions
Executive MBA Online
For executives who do not have access to desirable EMBA Programs in their city and do not want to quit their job, Online Executive MBA Program can help them out. Online Executive MBA programs are more affordable than offline EMBA programs.
Among the many premier institutes in India, SP Jain School of Global Management offers its EMBA Online as well to those who are not able to take on-campus classes for any given reason. Candidates who opt for online EMBA at SP Jain receive course material at their mentioned location and are required to take online lectures conducted for them.
Executive Postgraduate Program in Management (ePGPM) by Great learning, an online subsidiary of Great Lakes, is also an online EMBA program. Candidates are required to have a minimum 50% score in graduation and industry experience. The cost of this course is INR 2,00,000 excluding the taxes. Applicants are selected based on their performance in a telephonic interview.
Ans. Executive MBA opens up the door of new opportunities for industry professionals with an experience of at least 5 years. Executive MBA polishes the managerial approach of the professionals and helps them to function in an organized manner with new tools and techniques. Collaborative learning with professionals from other industries increases exposure to knowledge. The average salary of an EMBA professional is INR 13,00,000.
Ans. Any working professional with over or a minimum of 5 years of work experience who have completed their bachelor’s degree with 50% or more marks are eligible for an executive MBA.
Some other institutes demand applicants to have at least 10 years of work experience whereas few other institutes require only 3 years of work experience. Apart from that, many premier institutes require a valid GMAT/GRE score of not more than 3 to 5 years.
Ans. An Executive MBA is solely designed for working professionals. In this light, most management institutes offer flexible part-time Executive MBA program. However, many institutes like IIMs offer only a full-time residential EMBA program.
Industry professionals who cannot afford to quit the job are offered a part-time program where candidates can take the classes on weekends only. Online Executive MBA is more flexible because candidates can learn as per their schedule.
Ans. The course curriculum of both EMBA and MBA is similar. Candidates in EMBA are working professionals whereas MBA candidates may not have any working background, thus the teaching style and learning approaches are different from each other.
MBA students being new to the management require a more demanding curriculum to understand the concept of the management. EMBA students are more likely to be aware of the basic management aspects given that they have long industry experience.
Ans. An executive MBA is generally a part-time program ranging from 12 months to three years depending upon the institute. Institutes such as IIMs offer a 2-year full-time program, whereas the duration of the executive MBA program at XLRI, Jamshedpur is 3 years.
The same program is also offered by the University of Toronto but its duration is only 1 year. Many other institutes offer an executive program for 15 months or 18 months as well.