PSU or Public service undertaking, PSU includes some of the companies whose 51% share is undertaken by the Government, and the remaining shares are of private organizations.PSU is one of the most employable areas where candidates are employed very regularly in various domains, including Technical as well as management.
PSU’s are generally known for their large-scale salary jobs as well as for the employers’ security. Nowadays, jobs in PSU’s are one of the most demandable for various candidates across India.
Some of the PSU is as follows:-
PSU FULL FORM
PSUs are some of the companies which are set up by the Government of India, and now private sectors also contribute their shares on it. PSU is the abbreviation of the word (PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKING.)
PSU Through Gate
Renowned PSU recruits many candidates through their Gate scores in different domains. Eligible candidates can apply for different PSU with the Gate scores. Different PSU has a different cut off for the gate scores, but every candidate should qualify the Gate examination. Many PSU accepts previous year scores of different candidates, whereas many PSU didn’t accept previous year scores, but in general, Gate scores are generally valid for three years.
There are different types of PSU:-
- Navaratna PSU includes PSU’s like BEL, Oil India Limited.
- Mini-Ratna PSU they include companies like BSNL, PEC Limited.
- The third type of PSU is Maharatna PSU; they include PSU’S like BHEL, SAIL, GAIL.
PSU Recruitment Through Gate 2020
For applying in different PSUs, candidates must know the eligibility criteria set by different PSUs. Every PSU’s have different eligibility criteria like age, pass percentage Cgpa obtained in Graduation, and also the gate cut-off is different from every PSU’s. So candidates should know all the criteria before applying to a PSU with a valid Gate score.
Recruitment Through Gate details:-
The tentative dates for the application process for different PSUs through Gate 2020 will be announced by different companies through their official website, so candidates should keep an eye toward different PSU’s company’s websites.
During the application, process candidates must fill the correct details as per their Gate 2020 score and must fill their personal details correctly.
The dates which are till now announced by different PSU’s for recruitment of different candidates with Gate 2020 score are as follows:-
- NHAI has announced the dates for the application process till 15th June there are 48 vacancies in Civil Engineering Domain.
- IOCL application process is announced from 7th April to 15th June 2020, and the vacancies are in the domains like B.tech in Electronics Communication, Computer Science, Electrical, Instrumentation, etc.
- Nalco has also announced their dates for the application process, and their are more than 120 vacancies present in Nalco in different domains like Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics.
- DRDO Application form is also available on their official website, and the application process will go on till 10th July, it has more than 300 vacancies in various branches like Electronics, Mechanical, Chemistry, etc.
PSU Without Gate
Many PSU’s are recruiting various candidates without their Gate score because everyone cannot score well in Gate. So there are many candidates who cannot score well in Gate so they can use their Gate preparation strategy to qualify for this PSU’s.
The PSUs conduct their own exam to select the right candidate for their companies. Some of the PSUs who recruit candidates without Gate score are as follows:-
- HRRL(HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Ltd)
- DDA(Delhi Development Authority)
- CSL(Cochin Shipyard Limited)
- NLC(Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited)
- TSPSC(Telangana State Public service Commission)
PSU Gate Cut-off
Every candidate must have met the cut-off criteria that will be announced by different PSU without Minimum cut off candidates cannot appear for the interview round.
Some of the PSU’s Gate Cut off are as follows:-
- NTPC:- 82.43 for General Candidates in 2017 for CE branch, for Ec branch 65.95 is the minimum Cut off marks in 2017, for Electrical branch 62.84 is the General Cut off marks in 2017.
- IOCL:- 69.29 for General Category in 2017 for CE branch, 61.64 for Ec branch, 52.95 for Electrical branch
- SAIL:- 73.74 is the minimum Cut-off for General Candidates in Chemical Engineering, for Electrical 73.72, and for Instrumentation 73.87 is the general cut-off.
Most of the renowned PSU wants candidates should clear the Gate exam, but many PSU recruit candidates without the gate score. They take their own exam to select the candidates in various branches. The general age limit varies for different PSUs, but in general, it is from 22 to 40.
In the PSU exam, there are 120 Technical Questions and 50 Questions based on Aptitude, each having 0.25 negative marking all Questions are MCQ type questions .And the time allotted for the whole examination is 2 hr.