A research-centric University, Sapienza University of Rome, is well known for its wide range of subjects and academic flexibility offered to its students. With a record-breaking average of 10,000 admissions over the past few years, the university is now home to most students coming from outside Italy and from different parts of the world.
With a history stretching more than 700 years, Sapienza is also the first university that sprang up in Europe. With a diverse range of 280-degree programs, 200 vocational masters courses, and 80 Ph.D. degrees, Sapienza stands high as one of the prestigious universities in Italy.
To enroll for the admission cycle running from November 2019 to April 2020, please follow the guidelines-
- For certain degree programs at Sapienza, the candidates have the option of enrollment through pre-selection. However, for a program that requires a national test (especially in the fields of Medicine and Surgery), the pre-selection criteria would no longer be valid.
- The candidates seeking admission can only apply to a maximum of 2 degrees or programs. Enrollment in multiple programs through the use of false impersonation is prohibited as per the Sapienza University’s rules. However, if a candidate manages to secure admission in both the programs, he/she will be required to pre-select either one.
- It is only after the course sanctions a pre-selection letter to the candidate; he/she will be allowed to proceed for fulfilling further formalities and procedures.
- The selected candidates will also be required to contact their respective Italian Embassy or Consulate within the “pre-enrollment” period that falls between February and July.
- To enroll for a Bachelor’s program at the Sapienza University of Rome, the candidate must have a High School Diploma, attained after 12 years of study.
- To enroll for a Master’s program, the candidate must have a High School Diploma along with a Bachelor’s degree, attained after 15 years of study from a recognized university.
- The candidate will be required to have a student registration code provided to him/her at the time of registration.
- Photocopy of High School Diploma translated in Italian, legalized by the Department of Equal Value (DoV) and issued by the Italian Diplomatic Authorities in the country where the certification was obtained.
- Photocopy of University-level degree (if applicable) translated in Italian, legalized by the Department of Equal Value (DoV), and issued by the Italian Diplomatic Authorities in the country where the certification was obtained.
- Photocopy of academic transcripts issued by the university and translated and legalized into Italian by the concerned Italian Diplomatic Authorities.
- Detailed course structure and plan along with the hours of study required to obtain the degree in the English language must be sent to- [email protected]
- Copy of the student’s ID or Passport.
- Copy of resident’s permit.
- Copy of a valid student visa.
To secure a seat at Sapienza University, the students must follow the following procedure strictly within the cycle of May and July every year.
- The candidates will be required to present a pre-enrolment application in their respective Italian Embassy or consulate.
- The candidate will then be required to register at the INFOSTUD System and submit their personal and citizenship details to receive a student registration code.
- After verification, the candidate will have to generate a payment slip for their respective programs that they have applied for and will be required to make the payment well before the deadline.
- After registration, the candidate will have to email the International Admissions Office with the following details:
- Student number/Registration code
- Student’s name along with their surname
- Country of residence
- Program has chosen
- For Non-EU citizens living abroad, the candidates will also be required to take an Italian Proficiency Exam that is usually conducted at the beginning of September. The Sapienza University of Rome has laid down the minimum accepted language levels as B2, C1, and C2. For any candidate securing below, these will not be eligible for securing admission to the university.
Sapienza University is also home to some of the well-known faces across the globe such as-
- Maria Montessori
- Mario Draghi
- Emilio Segre
- Umberto Guidoni
- Abdirashid Shermarke