When one considers studying abroad, the first thing that comes up in mind is how to attain the funds for the cause. Germany is one of the few countries in Europe where one can study for free at public universities. There are almost 300 public universities in Germany offering more than 900 study programs in total that could be enrolled for free. This is due to the firm belief of germans of not considering education as a commercial asset, but rather than something essential in everyone’s life. Germany offers high-quality education in either a free or cost-efficient manner. One of the most prominent universities in Germany is the University of Kiel. Through this article, we aim to impart you with information regarding the University of Kiel.
Table of Contents
University of Kiel: Overview
Commonly known by the name CAU (Christian-Albrecht University of Kiel), the University of Kiel is a public university in the city of Kiel, Germany. Founded in the year 1665, CAU is the second-largest university in Germany. The university started as a state school, and later developed into an international research center. The University of Kiel caters about 25,000 students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and a staff strength of more than 2200. Students can choose from 185 different degree programs from within 80 disciplines. The Universities hold for 8 Facilities, namely the Faculty of Law, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Theology, Medicine, Business, Economics and Social Sciences, and Engineering.
University of Kiel: Education
Kiel University’s focus is on training based on Research and development. Due to which Teaching approaches regularly transform with time, which allows students to be aware of the newer disciplines rather than the ones which were relevant a decade ago. Students benefit largely from this approach, as newer research results are quickly integrated into the curriculum, and academic staff is trained in the primitive teaching method. The University of Kiel is one of the only educational institutes where the emphasis is on Research. The University offers in camps facilities such as campus housing and on-campus hospital. Due to the university being public, there are no tuition fees.
University of Kiel: Facts and Figures
Given below are the Facts and Figures of the University of Kiel, you must know as to why to choose the university for studies:
- The University of Kiel is the second-largest university in Germany and is a public type university.
- According to the list of Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020, the University of Kiel secured # 251 rank.
- The University maintains a Botanical Garden under its property which is open to every day to all visitors, where across 8 hectares of land a large number of discrete and distinct vegetation could be found
- The ratio of student-to-faculty is 11:1.
- The University has a center that allows it to maintain stay on good terms with other Universities throughout the world.
- Through schemes offered by the University such as ERASMUS and PROMOS, Resident and Foreign students can visit university each year.
- It provides financial accommodation for students with infants, which allows them to study alongside their parental responsibilities.
- 7.5% of the students in the university are foreign students.
University of Kiel: Programs offered
The University of Kiel offers various bachelor’s and Masters’s programs to students. Given below are some of the programs offered here:-
- Bachelor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master’s in Quantitative Finance
- Masters in Industrial Engineering Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelors in Mathematics
- Bachelor degree programs ET & IT and industrial engineering ET & IT
- Masters in Materials Science and Engineering