The University of Oslo was established in 1811. The University of Oslo is the public university located Norwegian capital of Oslo. Until 1939, the University of Oslo was named Royal Frederick University. The University of Oslo is the oldest university in Norway. The University of Oslo takes admission of about 27,000 students per year. The University of Oslo consists of the largest number of research institutions. All the courses at the university taught in the English language. The University of Oslo offers about 800 courses both undergraduate and postgraduate. The main and original campus of the University of Oslo is located in the heart of the city or center of the city.
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO RANKING
The University of Oslo is ranked at 58th position in the world by The Academic Ranking of World Universities. The UIO is the 3rd best university in the Nordic country. The UIO ranked at 135th position in the world and at 7th position in the Nordic country by The Times Higher Education. The University of Oslo is also awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. The University is awarded 5 Nobel Prizes.
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO COURSES
The UIO offers various courses. The topics of courses offered by UIO is as follows –
- Mathematics and Natural science
- Social science
- Theology and Religion
- Norwegian language course
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO TUITION FEES
For both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses there are no tuition fees in the University of Oslo. The fees for the semester exam if approx. 74 USD. The UIO is offering fees courses for the students. The UIO also providing work who are financially weak and helps the students to cope up with their financial issues.
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO APPLICATION PROCESS
The application process of UIO is different for different degree courses. The application process of UIO is as follows –
- For a bachelor’s degree program: – The candidate who wants to apply for the admission should have the knowledge of the Norwegian language. The candidate who knows about the Norwegian can take the exam for admission.
- For the Master’s degree program: – The candidate should be fluent in the Norwegian language for applying for a Master’s degree program in UIO. The candidate should score well in IELTS or TOEFL. The financial background of the candidate should be check. If you get admission to the university and you are not strong financially then you can work part-time at the university.
- For the PhD degree program: – For applying for a Ph.D. program, the candidate should carry the master’s degree. The educational and financial requirements need to be check. The UIO offers the best research training and research projects for the Ph.D.
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS
The documents which are required to take admission in the University of Oslo is as follows –
- The 12th standard passing certificate for undergraduate courses.
- The bachelor’s degree for post graduate courses.
- The master’s degree for PhD programs.
- The IELTS or TOEFL score card.
- The passport with visa details.
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO FACILITIES
The University of Oslo is providing excellent on campus facilities.
- Library – There are more than 3.6 million holdings in the University library.
- Modern sports complex.
- Cafes and cafeterias.
- On campus health and medical services.
- The UIO campus is a Green campus.