Auburn University during the 2018-19 Academic Year had a total of 30,440 with 24,628 UG students and 4,706 graduate students.
- The Male to Female ratio in the campus is 1:1. The university has 1,330 faculties with 2,379 administrative professionals.
- The university has a Staff of 1,400 people with more than 5000 full time employees. There is 90% faculty with terminal degree which includes 1330 full-time faculty and 250 minority faculty.
- There are more than 140 courses in majors to choose. The university has more than 300 clubs and organizations to choose from. The Student/faculty ratio is 19:1.
- Since 1856, the institute has been awarded more than 300,000 academic degrees. The Alumni Association of Auburn is one of the strongest in the SEC having more than 45,000 members.
- There are students from than 70 countries mainly from Asian countries. There are separate communities for each country to support students in any kind of situation.
The students who do not have English as their native language have to appear for the GRE or IELTS test to apply for admissions at the university. Students must have completed 12th or International / American equivalent of Class 12th for undergraduate courses. For postgraduate they need to have minimum 55% or 6 CGPA in the bachelor’s degree. The students need to submit the general entrance tests like the GRE along with the 10th and 12th grade mark sheets.
- Identify location of campus and the stream of your interest
- Request university for Application form
- Take various required entrance tests
- Arrange and prepare the essays and recommendation letters with SOPs
- Report the your test scores to the university
List of Documents Required
The documents are the important part of the admission procedure. One must take care of the all necessary documents and show them whenever asked by the authorities and university officials. The general list of documents is mentioned below so that student can know what documents are important.
- Attested Mark sheets of 10th, 12th class or undergraduate degree for masters
- Score card of English language proficiency tests like IELTS and GRE
- Two academic references
- Two references from university
- 6 Passport size photograph
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees
- Invitation letter in some specific cases
- Financial Proof to cover expenses
University has established a dynamic atmosphere so that students can fully focus on their goal. Smoking and drinking is banned inside the campus. However, the overall environment is student friendly.
- The university holds various annual events inside the campus to give a dynamic view of world events.
- There is 24/7 internet facilities in the hostels. Apart from that, there are various others facilities provided by university such as 24/7 cafes, shopping centers inside campus.
- There are also small courses with degrees so that students can take part in extracurricular activities.
- The campus has 24/7 health services to help students in case of medical emergency. Besides this, an ambulance remains inside the university premises 24/7.
University hosts students from over 80 countries mainly from Asian and Latin countries. Large number of international students forms a very diverse culture inside the campus. There are different group activities for campus residents where they can participate in inter-college events with the other university students. There are various programs in the university to help students in their extra-curricular activities. The college campus has wide varieties of facilities so that foreigner students can feel like home like local restaurants and cafe. Students can also do for part time jobs inside the campus. There is separate cell which helps students in getting these part time jobs.
The university has different types of rooms and residences depending upon the type of student programs like a home stay, on-campus residence and off-campus residence. The residences of on-campus have facilities like laundry, gym. There are more than thousand students who live in on-campus residences.
- Identify the hostel of your choice.
- Submit all the necessary documents along with form.
- Don’t forget to fill the choices in the form.
- Once your background check is done, allocation of room will be done.
Cost of Living in Vicinity
There are various options available to live off campus but they are usually costly if taken near the college locality. However, there are certain neighborhoods where one can live on low budget as mostly have university students.
The university is located at a very beautiful location of Alabama. All major touristic spots are located near the campus where students can go and enjoy their weekends.
- Jule Collins Smith Museum is museum of fine arts but anybody can visit there.
- Plainsman Park one of the peaceful parks in the city and great place to enjoy on weekends.
- Southeastern Raptor Center is place to see various raptors.