How to Apply
How To Apply in University Of Regina?
The university offers different opportunities to get admitted into the graduate, degree, and master's programs. The online application requirements are to comply with the submission of the amount of the fee. The application fee is 100 CAD. The admission process is quite easy as well.
- The minimum scores are required for TOEFL/IELTS need to reach the minimum requirement as mentioned by the university, though the scores are not required for every course; for few courses, students need to appear for the exam.
- If students want to apply for a creative course, the aspirant should make an excellent portfolio.
- The university may ask the student to appear for an entrance exam.
- Students should make up their minds about the university in which they want to do your course.
- First, they need to download the application form, in case if it is not available in their site they can request the same from the university,
- Take the required tests.
- You may have to apply for a student visa, which, in some instances, you can, only after the university selects you.
- Prepare all the required documents and recommendation letters and send them to the desired University, along with the application form.
- After your application is confirmed, they call for an interview.
Admission Requirements For University Of Regina
List of Documents Required for UG
UC writing Supplement
High School Transcripts
Proof of English Proficiency
SAT, Act, UC Maths Placement Score
Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
List of Documents Required for PG
10th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
12th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
Bachelors Transcripts and Degree
Work Experience Documents
Masters at University Of Regina
The University Of Regina has many Masters’ courses in various disciplines. The university offers a plethora of masters programs. The master’s degree is available in multiple domains ranging from Accounts, Business, History, Economics, Arts, Finance, Architecture, IT, Mathematics, Computer Science, Microbiology, Nursing, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry. These courses, which are available in masters popularly called MS. The course range is from 1 year to 2 years. Students who want to pursue courses in various streams provided by the university can obtain it part-time. They also offer excellent diploma courses and associate degree courses. The university has over 15 subjects under which it provides various Masters Courses like Literature, Social Work, Engineering, Economics, Media, Design, Biology, Biotechnology, Health Studies, Ecology, etc.
Bachelors at University Of Regina
The university offers a wide range of choices when it comes to bachelor’s degrees. It provides a lot of opportunities in the field of bachelor education. The primary academic programs accessible in this domain are Literature, Medicine, Ecology, Architecture, Digital Design, Nursing, Health & Sciences, Chemical, and Mechanical engineering, Computer Science, Human Resources, Media, Power Electronics, Biotechnology, and Business. University provides an opportunity to gain expertise in various specializations. The university career services team also proves to be helpful. The degrees have quite high acceptability in the market. The University Of Regina has several Bachelor courses ranges from humanities to science to commerce.
MBA at University Of Regina
MBA is a popular course at the University Of Regina, which has its Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business. MBA programs are available online, part-time, and full-time. The university provides skills and develops managerial talents in individuals. It offers the opportunity to gain expertise in various specializations. The university career services team also proves to be helpful. This university MBA program aims to develop knowledge and skills regarding business management. The MBA program includes two significant programs where students can work with several organizations and learn real business strategies. The course duration is for 12 months. The MBA provides the opportunity to build a network with colleagues from a large number of industry sectors, and it helps to develop international networks with the broader MBA community.
Life at University Of Regina
Life at University Of Regina
- Student life is an eternal part of education, and the college thrives to its full potential to make this life memorable and worth remembering.
- A large number of student activities are promoted to bring out the hidden talents of individuals. There are several student clubs for various co-curricular fields of academics, music, sports, etc.
- The entire compilation of Accommodation, Food, Athletics, Recreation turns out to be great.
- There are several places if students want to live nearby the university, and the off-campus housing facilities are nearby the college. The student section of the college has its newspaper and radio station.
- Dr. John Archer Library, the library of the university, is a storehouse of knowledge with over 550,000 government publications and 900,000 other study material.
- The campus is quite safe for students with campus police available at all times.
- The university community believes in teamwork, collaboration, respect, and effectiveness.
Accommodation in University of Regina
The University of Regina offers both on-campus and off-campus housing facilities to its students. Temporary accommodation is also available in the city for emergency purposes.
University Of Regina On-Campus Accommodation
- University is safe and student-friendly, it welcomes every student, and it offers undergraduate and graduates living accommodations within walking distance of many campus amenities.
- The university campus can accommodate around 1200 students. Students can choose from several residences like kisik Towers, Paskwaw and Wakpa Towers, La Residence, College West, and Luther College.
- Residence houses are fully-furnished, air-conditioned with high-speed internet and cable services.
- College housing provides well-furnished four-bedroom apartments along with that a few numbers of three-bedroom apartments that have accessible living spaces, two-bedroom apartments, and studio apartments as well.
- The most important benefit is the hassle-free peaceful environment provided by the campus, which enriches student life to a large extent.
- On Campus accommodation can be learned more about from the Official Website
- Living expenses description
It Includes Accommodation- 4340$ at Luther residence and Meals- 4600$ with 14 meals per week. For more details, you can check the official website
University Of Regina Off-Campus Accommodation
- Several residences are available. The residence type includes homestays, studio apartments, three-bedroom apartments, four-bedroom apartments, and shared apartments
- The apartments are fully furnished with all basic amnesties like free Hi-speed WIFI and central air-conditioning facility.
- The student residences located at a short distance from all the major amenities including grocery stores, restaurants, and retail
- Some of the apartments have separate parking spaces and on-site management available.
- Apartments are available depending upon their choices, three bedrooms, four-bedroom apartments, as well as shared apartments, are also available. Studio apartments are also available.
- Average rents for apartments are average rent is 650 to 850 CAD/month
- These apartments are fully-furnished, air-conditioned with free high-speed internet, and cable services, along with that central air-conditioning facility, are available.
- The rentals are generally located at a walking distance from the campuses.
- The graduate and family housing are available near the uptown campuses.
- Renting an apartment can also be a good option. Different types of residences are available which includes bachelor apartments, one-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom apartments, and shared apartments
- The student residences are well equipped with electricity, water, and high-speed internet included in the rent; On-site laundry facility is also available.
- Rentboard, Kijiji, WalkScore are some of the Websites to search for off-campus accommodation.
- The university is an excellent research hub where students come from different places to study.
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum was the first-ever museum to open in that area, and it is a history museum that is an excellent place to hang out.
- Regina Public Library is one of the biggest libraries in Saskatchewan, where students can read many books.
- Wasana Lake is the fourth largest urban park in the country, and it is more significant than New York City’s Central Park.
- The MacKenzie Art Gallery is also a right place for art lovers; there are more than 3800 pieces at the gallery.
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum, the Saskatchewan Science Centre, is also good place to visit.
- Regina beach also attracts many tourists during the summer.
- The Beaux-Arts building is a National Historic site, which is also a renowned place.
- The John G. Diefenbaker Centre for the Study of Canada has various paper collections, and it is a fantastic place for students to research and learn about new things.
- The Memorial Gates is a war memorial for soldiers who died during the Great War, and it is an excellent place for students interested in history.
- Regina has many parks and outdoor spots where students can take part in several extracurricular activities like sports or relax.
Career at University Of Regina
Career becomes the topmost priority at the University Of Regina. The institute aims to act as a bridge between the employer and the candidate by engaging the students in learning initiatives. It introduces candidates to experts from various disciplines to find solutions to world-class problems and challenges. The institute believes inequality to give equal opportunities to every employee or student. They believe it is fair opportunities and guide their students in such a manner throughout their time. The institute holds out career counseling sessions for the students who are not able to make choices for their future and thus guide them. The institute also organizes conferences for the students and allows them to clear their doubts and queries regarding the field. The university tries to make sure that employment is provided to most of its students. Different training options like Resume/CV writing, lectures, etc. are also held to help students with their careers.
Jobs after studying at the University Of Regina
Many students, after studying at the University Of Regina, get jobs. Students from the Management background here especially get great jobs in top companies. It provides job opportunities for the students of medicine, law, and social sciences with a higher rate of chances in the affiliated companies, organizations, and institutes. The courses are job-oriented, and the institute focuses on practical learning. The institute also offers job-oriented courses, and the students are given hands-on practical training and experience since from the beginning. Most of the graduates find a suitable job soon after graduation. The institute has some impressive network of industry partners. They also teach the students to make their CV, tell them how to groom and work on them for interview skills and Public Speaking. There are plenty of opportunities for students of other backgrounds, as 85% of students who graduate from this university get a job as soon as possible.
Placements at University Of Regina
The placements at the University of Regina are genuinely excellent. Many companies do come for the campus selection process at the university. Every company has its eligibility criteria, which the student needs to fulfill, and then only he/she will be allowed to sit for the examination. The graduates are placed at good positions in academic institutions as accountants in the business management domain, as a lawyer, engineers, etc. This university attracts many companies for its placement drives, and students here are placed at several companies for the most extended term. The university has got an employability rate of around 85%.
University Of Regina Notable Alumni
- Jason Clermont, Canadian Football Player
- Saros Cowasjee, novelist
- Lee Ward, PhD., noted political scientist
- Lorne Calvert, Premier of Saskatchewan
- Ruth Chambers, ceramics and installation artist
- Sylvain Charlebois, food and agriculture expert
- Jonathan Denis, Alberta MLA and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ken Mitchell, novelist, and playwright
- Ellen Moffat, artist
- John Cullen Nugent, sculptor
Colleges related to University Of Regina
- Campion College
- First Nations University of Canada
- Luther College
- The Gabriel Dumont Institute
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business
- Athol Murray College of Notre Dame
- Briercrest College
- Saskatchewan Police College