Life At University of Sydney
The university also takes care of training its students to the fullest extent. For this purpose, it has few other facilities for the training purpose. They are Sydney Medical School, One Tree Island, The IA Watson Grains Research Centre, The Molonglo Observatory, Maningrida, Arthursleigh, and Taylors College.
Accommodation at University of Sydney
The University offers both on-campus and off-campus housing facilities to its students. Temporary accommodation is also available in the city for emergency purposes. The students can also seek sharing compartments in the on-campus residential building in Hamilton, which is cheap, affordable, and satisfy the student needs.
University of Sydney On-Campus Accommodation
- The cost of living is around 2,000 USD per semester.
- Residence halls are provided to the students with all the necessary amenities and are fully furnished.
- These halls are fully-furnished, air-conditioned with high-speed internet and cable services, cafeteria and nearby utility shop facility.
- The application needs to be submitted with a security deposit fee, after the admission into the university.
- The most important benefit is the hassle-free peaceful environment and the well-equipped environment with exciting social activity clubs.
University of Sydney Off-Campus Accommodation
- Private listings of residence halls are compiled by the institution in case of no availability of on-campus options.
- Students can easily find single or shared apartments in many parts of Sydney at an affordable price.
- However, the city is pretty expensive.
- The rentals are generally located at a walking distance from the campuses, and the student may opt for the choice according to his/her choice and level of comfort.
- The graduate and family housing are available near the campus of Sydney.
There are hundreds of students clubs and groups, which acts as an entertainment for the students. This way, the students learn something new, and also enjoy themselves. Some of the other attractions of the college are:
- The University is home to the Neo-Gothic sandstone quadrangle designed by Edmund Blacket.
- It has a satellite campus and also owns the Great Tower
- It also owns the most extensive library of the Southern Hemisphere.
- It also has in its name the famous Nicholson Museum of Antiques.
- The college is filled with famous statues.
Career at University of Sydney
The university not only focuses on classroom-based learning but involve the new scientific and technological methods for quality learning and it engages the students in various learning activities. The university faculty is world-renowned, and the experts continuously guide the students throughout their academic career. The graduated student finds jobs soon after completing his/her graduation from the university.
Jobs After Studying At University of Sydney
The university courses are job-oriented, and the students are given hands-on practical training and experience since from the beginning. The university graduates find a suitable job soon after graduation. The major areas of placement are health, engineering, marketing, management, and health sciences, social sciences, technology, and many other fields. Out of 1000 students, 900 got successfully placed every year.
Placements At University of Sydney
The university has maintained more than an 80% placement rate all over the years, by successfully placing its graduates and post-graduate students in international companies and firms. The student is also given support for job placement and job assistance. The university has many of its students working in top government agencies around the world.
University of Sydney Notable Alumni
- Philip Cox AO, founder of COX Architecture
- Eleanor Cullis-Hill
- László Peter Kollar, Hungarian-born former Australian architect
- Andrea Nield
- Elizabeth Bannan
Colleges relaeted to University of Sydney
The University also has several other campuses, spread across Sydney. They are
- Mallett Street Campus
- Cumberland Campus
- The Sydney Dental Hospital
- Rozelle Campus
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Camden Campus