Wellington Institute Of Technology Facts
Located in the suburbs of Petone in Lower Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand, it is a public polytechnic institute. Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) has its main campus at Petone and two other campuses at Wellington and Auckland, with the schools of construction and hospitality at a distance from the main campus in Petone. Being one of the oldest tertiary educational institutes in the country and second-oldest in Wellington, WelTec trains about 8000 students per year.
- The university focuses and has encouraged students to contribute to its local industrial and economic growth by engaging in the local communities and networking to find the best job opportunities for the students of WelTec in the area.
- 93% of employers of the graduates and alumni of Weltec agree on the fact that they are happy with the knowledge and skills of students coming to them from WelTec.
- WelTec offers degree and diploma courses as well as provides vocational training courses for some areas. The university offers courses in the fields of Technological Studies, Computing, Health and Social Services, Hospitality and Tourism, Construction, Business and Management, and Creative Arts.
- The tutors at WelTec, along with having appropriate educational qualifications, are pioneers in their industries. The training and education are given in professional and practical environments to help students understand their career better and get trained for it.
- A free bus service connects Petone, Porirua, and Wellington, making it easy for students to get around for their studies, work, or daily activities. The university offers many recreational facilities to its students along with a well-stocked, modern library.