Postgraduation is a type of degree or education, which is also known as graduate education. Postgraduation involves studying and learning for academic or professional degrees. Postgraduationṣ mainly requires a first or bachelor’s degree. The organization and structure of Postgraduation vary in different countries as well as in different courses.
The term Postgraduate refers to a student who has completed their first year or bachelor’s degree from a college or university and is undertaking further study at a more advanced level. The students can pursue a Postgraduation degree in both Full-time and part-time.
- A Postgraduation is a degree that students pursue after the completion of a first or bachelor’s degree.
- A Postgraduation course is mainly a one year course, or it can also take two years to complete.
- A Postgraduate degree offers students an advanced level of education.
- There is a large variety of courses available in Postgraduation.
- It helps students to gain extra and deepen knowledge in their area of study.
The Top Ten Postgraduation courses are as follows:
- (MCA) Computer Application: Stands for masters in Computer Application. This course trains and gives an advanced level of knowledge related to computer applications.
- (MBA) Business Administration: Masters in Business Administration is the course which gives the advance knowledge related to business and management
- (LLM) LAW: This course is basically an advanced level, of course, for students pursuing LLB.
- MA in Psychology: Master’s in Psychology gives a brief introduction and knowledge related to the human brain and psychology.
- M.A (English): Masters in arts or English helps students to gain extra knowledge in the field of vocabulary and English.
- M.Sc (Maths): This degree is basically done by the individuals who wanted to become math lecturers or teachers.
- M.Sc (Chemistry): Masters in Science (Chemistry) is a brief study of the subject.
- M.Sc (Physics): Masters in Science (physics ) is a brief study of the subject.
- M.Lib (Library Science): Masters in Library Science gives high level and knowledge related to library science.
- M.A Journalism: Masters in Arts(Journalism) is the advanced level of courses for the students who want to go in the field of media and journalism
Post Graduate diploma
Top 10 Post Graduate Diploma degrees are as follows:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing: Through the degree of Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing, one will be able to critically evaluate the process of marketing.
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Security Management: This course enables students seeking pathways into IT Work.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Microbiology: This course is referred to as the strength of the primary producer of agricultural Commodities and its contributions.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting: This is eight months, which allows students to fast track their careers in accountancy.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Management: This is the part-time course which gives a brief description of enterprises management.
- Post-Degree Diploma in Sustainable Business Practices: This is the course of two years which gives brief knowledge about business principles and focus on knowledge and analytical skills.
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel and Events Management: The course aims at giving the experience about the hotel industry with practical and management skills.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration (PGD): This course is meant for the students who need to gain the basic administrative skills for hospitality.
- Postgraduate Bachelor of Arts in Motion Picture Medium (Honours): This course is mainly focused on developing innovative research, origination, production, etc.
- PGDip Physician Associate Studies: This course teaches about the skills one needs to make for public and private healthcare.
The top countries as per Indian students for Postgraduation courses are US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. Postgraduation degrees can be only pursued by students who have completed their undergraduate degrees. However, postgraduate courses vary in different countries.
Postgraduation in Canada
Canada offers a wide variety of Postgraduation courses from fine arts, aboriginal studies, pharmacy, biotechnology to Business, commerce to astronomy, media studies and Information Technology, Engineering and telecommunication etc. There is plenty of Master’s degree for the students who wanted to pursue their post-graduation degree from Canada.
Top 10 Universities in Canada for Postgraduation:
- Humber College, Ontario
- Centennial College, Ontario
- Fleming College, Ontario
- St. Lawrence College, Ontario
- College of New Caledonia, British Columbia
- North Island College, British Columbia
- Sheridan College, Ontario
- Algonquin College, Ontario
- University of Alberta, Alberta
- Durham College, Ontario
Postgraduation in Germany:
The format that Postgraduate German follows is a common European format developed as part of the bologna process. This means that people in Germany refer to the master’s degree as a “Second Cycle” qualification. Usually, they follow a bachelor’s degree, i.e., “the first cycle,” and then they prepare students for Ph.D., i.e., “third cycle.”
Top 10 Universities in Germany for Postgraduation:
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Heidelberg
- Humboldt University Berlin
- University of Freiburg
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Tübingen
- Charite – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Freie Universität Berlin
- University of Bonn
Postgraduation in the UK:
The UK provides a home to a diverse, cultural heritage and people, with an excellent international reputation for quality education. Uk is one of the most popular destinations for Postgraduate studies and for international students. Uk comprises of more than 30 universities that are featured in the international top 200 universities.
Top 10 Universities in the UK for Postgraduation:
- The University of Leeds.
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- The University of Bristol.
- The University of Manchester.
- Imperial College in London.
- UCL (University College London)
- The University of Oxford.
- The University of Cambridge.
- The University of Edinburgh
- King’s College London (KCL)
Postgraduation in Australia
The education system that people in Australia follows is regulated by the Australian Qualifications Framework a national policy. The division of Postgraduation that Australia offers is of two types namely, coursework or taught degrees and research degrees. Where coursework is mainly focused on providing a theoretical foundation whereas research degrees are more oriented towards practical work.
Top 10 Postgraduate Universities in Australia are:
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Sydney
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- The University of Queensland (UQ)
- Monash University.
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Australian National University (ANU)
- RMIT University.
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Macquarie University.
Postgraduation Courses in India
India offers a large variety of courses when it comes to Postgraduation. The main purpose of Postgraduation courses in India is to impart in-depth knowledge of different subjects which an individual chooses. Yet, in today’s world, an individual must have a Postgraduate degree in order to have a good job.
Top 10 Universities in India for Postgraduation:
- Pondicherry University.
- Jamia Millia Islamia University.
- Aligarh Muslim University.
- Osmania University.
- The University of Hyderabad.
- The University of Mumbai.
- Banaras Hindu University.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- University of Calcutta
- University of Delhi
Postgraduation in Data Science
Postgraduation in Data Science is an interdisciplinary field that mainly focuses on extracting knowledge or data in different forms within the broad areas of maths, research, science, and computer science, etc. The course is mainly of 11 months and the fees are different depending on different universities or colleges.
Top 10 Postgraduate Universities for Data Science
- Purdue University: Krannert School of Management.
- DePaul University.
- The University of Rochester.
- New York University.
- Carnegie Mellon University.
- Columbia University in the City of New York.
- North Carolina State University – Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Georgia Institute of Technology.
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Iowa
Postgraduation in Medical Journal
Postgraduation in the medical Journal was established in the year 1925 by the fellowship of postgraduate medicine. Currently, the Postgraduation in Medical Journal is published on behalf of the fellowship by the BMJ Group.
Top 10 Postgraduate Universities for Medical Journal are:
- Harvard Medical School
- Oxford Medical Sciences Division
- Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- David Geffen School of Medicine
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Yale School of Medicine
- UCL Medical School
- UCSF Department of Medicine
- Imperial College School of Medicine
Postgraduation Work Permit Canada
An individual basically has 180 days after the school or institution issues their final marks to apply for Postgraduation Work Permit (PGWP).
For eligibility, the study permit should be valid for 180 days. The individual is not eligible for PGWP if they already have PGWP or they choose English or French as their second language.
Post Graduate Scholarship
There are many scholarships in India as well as around the globe for national and international students. This motivates them to study well to achieve that scholarship. There are also many scholarships that help students financially. Every scholarship has their eligibility criteria. There are mainly three types of scholarships i.e., Government-funded Scholarships, Institute-funded Scholarships, and University-funded Scholarships.
Top 5 Scholarships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarships (USA)
- Chevening Scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme