SOURCE: nikita logs
MBBS in Germany has become very popular among Indian students. The education sector, especially the one related to medical education, is developed there. It is considered as one of the best places to study medical from and also has the World’s best medical college/school there. The up to date facilities, sophisticated teaching methods and techniques make Germany excel in this field. It is a 6-year course in Germany. The admission process is comparatively more comfortable and faster.
MBBS in Germany for Indian students
MBBS in Germany is becoming very popular among Indian students who want to pursue a degree in MBBS. But very less students pursue it. This is because MBBS in Germany is free of cost. But the truth is MBBS in Germany is not free. The study of MBBS degree in Germany involves many other things like learning the German language proficiency for interaction with others. German education diversity includes many medical colleges in Germany and MBBS Free study in Germany. Free education for MBBS in India is a myth but free education of MBBS in medication is a reality.
Why MBBS in Germany?
Germany is home to some of the World’s best medical institutes and that sells itself. There are many advantages to studying in Germany.
- The first and foremost reason is that the tuition fee for studying MBBS is exceptionally low in comparison to most other places.
- The course curriculum of German institutes is very up to date and efficient.
- Every university has its own hospital. The internship and job opportunities are really good.
- The universities provide various scholarships for international students.
- The medical degree is recognised globally and can be practised anywhere in Europe.
Check Out: Top Universities in Germany
MBBS in Germany Top Universities
It is very well known that Germany has many top-rated MBBS colleges.
- Heidelberg University
- Rwth Aachen University
- Witten/Herdecke University
- Magdeburg University
- Lübeck University
- Würzburg University
- Mϋnster University
- Freiburg University
- Leipzig University
- Tϋbingen University
Eligibility for studying MBBS in Germany
Getting admission to MBBS college in Germany is more comfortable than getting a seat in India. However, they have some essential criteria that must be met.
- The student must be of at least 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission.
- The medium of study in English and German. Students must know at least one of them.
- Applicant must have qualified Higher Secondary Examination with at least 60% marks.
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are required.
- The applicant must have studied physics, chemistry and biology up to higher secondary.
MBBS in Germany Application Procedure
The application process and paperwork are faster in Germany. Indian students have to give NEET for seeking admissions into MBBS colleges in Germany. After that, the required application form needs to be filled by the students. The college will inform the students who get through and will ask them to visit with the required documents.
The application process and the documents required are mentioned in brief below:
- Indian students have to take NEET exam.
- All students can apply online. The university will get in touch with the selected students.
- The applicants will have to visit the Institute with all the required documents
The documents generally required are:
- Passport size photographs
- Visa and visa money
- All previous educational institute documents ( 10th and 12th Mark sheets).
- Bank receipt for 1 year of tuition fee
- The invitation letter sent by the college
MBBS in Germany Fees
MBBS In Germany offers a very lost cost education option for Indian students. This is the reason why many Indian students wish to study MBBS in Germany. The medical universities in Germany give high quality of education. This gives good exposure to Indian students. Many universities in Germany also give free education to international students. Germany can be considered as the best option for the students who want to study MBBS or MD in the field of medicine from abroad.
Some of the top universities in Germany with their fees and specialization are given below:
|Leipzig University||MBBS||5,500 EURO per year|
|Freiburg University||MBBS||800-900 EUROS|
|Magdeburg University||MBBS||43,000 USD-57,000USD|
|Heidelberg University||MBBS/MD||171 EUROS for the first semester|
|Rwth Aachen University||MBBS||952 EUROS|
|Munster University||MBBS||43,000 USD to 57,000 USD|
|Tubingen University||MBBS||1,500 EURO|
|Lubeck University||MBBS||1,000 USD|
Check Out: PG in Germany after MBBS
MBBS In Germany Cost
MBBS in Germany costs low for many international students. In Germany, you can study MBBS for free. There is no tuition fee charged for the various doctoral level of studies in public universities in Germany. The cost of living is different across the different parts of the country. So, there is an option of studying MBBS for a fee in Germany. But if you want to study MBBS in the English language in Germany then it is paid. But one more great thing about it is it will cost less than MBBS in India. Indian students can study MBBS in the English language in Germany in many English-speaking medical schools. They can also study medicine in Germany free of cost at many best medical colleges in Germany.
Various expenses required for studying MBBS/MD in Germany are given below:
Before you will leave for Germany you needed to spend money on various things like airfare, language tests, visa, etc.
|Cost for various things||Cost (EUR)|
|German Student Visa||60|
|German Proficiency tests||119-229|
|Air travel cost||724|
Various other costs are given below:
|Type of cost||Cost|
|Living cost||739 EUR0 total|
|Tuition fees||50,000-100,000 EURO|
Medical specialisation courses in Germany
Germany is a medical industry leader, with world-class contemporary technologies and a multitude of courses to get you started in your desired field.
The Medical and Public Health Services Programme offers the following courses:
- General Medicine (MBBS)
- Dentist (BDS)
- Veterinary Medicine
- Nursing and Public Health
MBBS in Germany gives extensive knowledge with a focus on practical application to give you an advantage over the competition. The programs encompass a wide range of specialties, from public health ethics and philosophy to science and methodology and qualitative research methodologies.
MBBS in Germany duration
Generally, the duration for regular MBBS in Germany is 6 years and 3 months. But many MBBS courses are taught in German also so the students who don’t know the German language have to spend on more additional years for the preparation of language before they enter the language course. So, it becomes a total course of 7 years for the students who don’t know German. MBBS or medicine in German universities mainly comprises of a training period which is of a total of 6 years and 3 months with 2 years of pre-clinical studies and 1 year of placement of practical.
|Philipps University||Human Medicine||7 years|
|Heidelberg University||Medicine||6 years|
|TU Dresden||Medicine||6.5 years|
|LMU Munich||Medicine||6 years|
|University of Freiburg||Human Medicine||6 years|
|Humboldt University||Medicine||6 years|
Scholarships for MBBS in Germany
Though there are several funding alternatives for foreign students doing MBBS in Germany, finding one that is available for international students pursuing MBBS is tough. The following are some of the scholarships available to study MBBS in Germany, followed by some other scholarships available to study in Germany:
|Bachelor and Masters UDE International Scholarships||EUR 300|
|University Hamburg Scholarship for International Students||EUR 1000/month|
|Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Scholarship||EUR 650|
|Carl Duisberg Scholarship for Medical Students||Cover travel, living and research cost|
Is MBBS in Germany Free?
MBBS in Germany can be free. You need not pay the tuition fees which are generally charged for doctoral studies in public universities. You should only pay the cost of living. The cost of living is different in different parts of the country. But the average cost which is estimated is found to be 6,000 euros per year. So, there is an option of studying MBBS for a fee in Germany. But if you want to study MBBS in the English language in Germany then it is paid
How to get admission to MBBS in Germany?
The admission process in MBBS in Germany is easy and basic. There are many criteria involved in ineligibility for the admission of MBBS in Germany.
Some of the eligibility criteria are:
- The student should have passed 12th with the biology stream.
- They should have scored 60% in physics, chemistry, and biology.
- They should clear TOEFL or IELTS.
- They should clear Test Daf Test.
- Should have B2 level German certificate if they take a preparatory course.
- Should have a valid passport copy.
- They should have cleared NEET with minimum qualifying scores.
- Students should give some entrance tests.
- B2 Level is demanded in the German language.
The admission process for MBBS in Germany is given below:
- Students should fill the application form from the various medical universities from which they want to pursue MBBS.
- Then they should upload the necessary documents which include the English language proficiency certificates, passport, academic certificates, and other important documents.
- After that process, they should wait for the letter of confirmation from the institution which will arrive when the candidate’s application form is shortlisted.
- If an offer letter comes you should keep it for future purposes.
- Pay the enrollment fees of the university.
- After the fees process is completed then go for the process of VISA.
- You should show your proof of financial need which will support your medical education in Germany.
- Take a VISA from Germany then book a flight ticket for Germany.
There are many other documents required for admission to various colleges of Germany to pursue an MBBS. Some of the important documents are:
- 10 the mark sheet and certificate
- 12th certificate and mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- English and German language proficiency proof
- Offer letters of that medical university
- Visa fees
- Neet scorecard
- Receipt of first-year tuition fees of that university
- 10TH passport size photos
- 1st year graduation mark sheet
MBBS in Germany without NEET
To get admission to the medical universities of Germany the students are required to quality the NEET examination with a minimum of 60% of marks. Students must qualify for the NERT examination to pursue various medicinal courses in Germany according to the Gazette Notification of the Medical Council of India.
MBBS in Germany Visa Process
Visa should be applied on time by international students as it can take anywhere between 35-65 or more days to process the visa. Students from India need the D Visa for Studying and Language learning visa in Germany. It generally costs between 3000-6000 INR depending upon the age of the applicant. The process and required documents are mentioned below.
The students have to apply online for the required visa. Once the admission letter is received, students can visit the nearest German embassy with required documents.
The documents required are:
- Admission letter from an accredited college
- Proof of sufficient finances
- Proof of health insurance
- Passport and a copy of passport
- Passport size photographs
- Cover letter
- Properly filled application form
- After this, a meeting will be organised between the applicant and the embassy. It is generally like an interview process and lasts 10-15 minutes.
- After this, the process can be tracked online.
Ans: In Germany, you can study MBBS for free. No tuition fees are charged for doctoral study at public universities in Germany. The cost of living varies greatly around the country. This is estimated to be about 6,000 euros a year
Ans: Cost-Effective: Germany is world-famous for its zero tuition fees and an MBBS in Germany is no exception. The average cost of studying ranges from five lakhs to eleven lakhs per year. Moreover, a student can work as an intern and earn a yearly stipend of €20,000 to €30,000.
Ans: The German medical universities are among the best in the world and because of it are highly competitive. To get a place on an MBBS course you have to show an excellent level of knowledge from a wide variety of topics and subjects related to medicine.
Ans: Eligibility for studying MBBS in Germany
The student must have passed NEET with 60 percent marks.
Ans: Germany is generally a safe country so there’s no reason to be overly worried. Besides, the vast majority of international students prefer to live in Germany and find a job there, after they finish their studies, meaning the satisfaction rate is quite high.