SOURCE: nikita logs
MBBS in Germany has become very popular among students. The education sector, especially the one related to medical education, is developed there. It is considered as one of the best places to study medical from and also has the World’s best medical college/school there. The up to date facilities, sophisticated teaching methods and techniques make Germany excel in this field. It is a 6-year course in Germany. The admission process is comparatively more comfortable and faster.
MBBS in Germany for Indian Students
Indian students have started preferring MBBS in Germany a lot more. Getting admissions is relatively easy but not all who apply to get through.
- The quality of education provided is very high.
- Students can apply through the NEET exam.
- Many students apply via scholarships and some even study completely cost-free.
- People can study in German as well as the English language.
Why MBBS in Germany?
Germany is home to some of World’s best medical institute and that sells itself. There are many advantages to studying in Germany.
- The first and foremost reason is that the tuition fee for studying MBBS is exceptionally low in comparison to most other places.
- The course curriculum of German institutes is very up to date and efficient.
- Every university has its own hospital. The internship and job opportunities are really good.
- The universities provide various scholarships for international students.
- The medical degree is recognised globally and can be practised anywhere in Europe.
How to apply for MBBS in Germany?
The application process and paperwork are faster in Germany. Indian students have to give NEET for seeking admissions into MBBS colleges in Germany. After that, the required application form needs to be filled by the students. The college will inform the students who get through and will ask them to visit with the required documents.
Eligibility for studying MBBS in Germany
Getting admission to MBBS college in Germany is more comfortable than getting a seat in India. However, they have some essential criteria that must be met.
- The student must be of at least 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission.
- The medium of study in English and German. Students must know at least one of them.
- Applicant must have qualified Higher Secondary Examination with at least 60% marks.
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are required.
- The applicant must have studied physics, chemistry and biology up to higher secondary.
MBBS in Germany – Application Procedure
The application procedure for admission is more extended for international students as they need to get a visa too. The application process and the documents required are mentioned in brief below.
- Indian students have to take NEET exam.
- All students can apply online. The university will get in touch with the selected students.
- The applicants will have to visit the Institute with all the required documents. The documents generally required are
- Passport size photographs
- Visa and visa money
- All previous educational institute documents ( 10th and 12th Mark sheets).
- Bank receipt for 1 year of tuition fee
- The invitation letter sent by the college
MBBS in Germany Fees
One of the biggest reasons to be pursuing MBBS from Germany is the low cost. Education and tuition are mostly free. Most colleges only cost 8000 Euros in the first year of study for German language learning. Rest other expenses are hostel accommodation, cost of living etcetera. This fee is for students who study in the German language. Students preferring English language studies may have to pay more fees but it is still lesser in comparison to most medical institutes.
MBBS in Germany – Living Cost
The living costs in Germany are also not very high. Students from second year onward can take up some part-time jobs that can help some of their monetary requirements.
|Hostel Accommodation||4500 Euros (for the entire course, paid in the first year generally)|
|Cost of living||700 Euros ( per month )|
|Others||600 Euros ( per year )|
MBBS in Germany – Course Duration
MBBS in Germany is of 6 years. It is a 5+1 program which means 5 years of studies and 1-year compulsory internship.
- The first year is the language learning year. Apart from course studies, the focus is on German language learning too.
- The 2nd year is the foundation year building concepts for students.
- In the 3rd and 4th year, the focus is on teaching basic medical sciences.
- The last year before the internship is for learning the important clinical sciences.
Scholarships for MBBS in Germany
Apart from being a low-cost course, it provides some very generous scholarships to its students, especially international ones.
- ServiceScape Scholarship: It is open to students of all nationalities willing to study in Germany. The scholarship provides partial funding of the fees and is open to all courses offered by the university.
- Addiction Treatment Education Scholarship: It is also open to students of all nationalities and can be taken up at any university. It provides partial funding to the student.
Many other country-specific scholarships can be very helpful.
MBBS in Germany – Visa Process
Visa should be applied on time by international students as it can take anywhere between 35-65 or more days to process the visa. Students from India need the D Visa for Studying and Language learning visa in Germany. It generally costs between 3000-6000 INR depending upon the age of the applicant. The process and required documents are mentioned below.
- The students have to apply online for the required visa. Once the admission letter is received, students can visit the nearest German embassy with required documents.
- The documents required are
- Admission letter from an accredited college
- Proof of sufficient finances
- Proof of health insurance
- Passport and a copy of passport
- Passport size photographs
- Cover letter
- Properly filled application form
- After this, a meeting will be organised between the applicant and the embassy. It is generally like an interview process and lasts 10-15 minutes.
- After this, the process can be tracked online.
MBBS in Germany – Top Universities
It is very well known that Germany has many top-rated MBBS colleges.
- Heidelberg University: It is the oldest university in Germany. It is a public research university which is highly acclaimed. It has about 18 percentage of International students. Many other streams of subjects are available too for the students to choose from.
- Humboldt University: Humboldt University is situated in Berlin and is the oldest university of Berlin. Its medical school is shared with the Free University of Berlin. It is ranked at 67 in World ranking by the Times Higher Education. It has produced many notable alumni. One of the most notable alumni is Albert Einstein.
- Lübeck University: It is one of the most renowned universities in Northern Germany that focuses entirely on medical sciences. It required 75 per cent in PCB and NEET. There are total student strength of about 4000 and has highly experienced professors.
- Philipps University Marburg: Like most other universities, this is also very old and was established in the 1500s. It is known for exceptional excellence shown in research fields related to life sciences.