Niagara College is situated in the Niagara region, just a few minutes distance from the world’s most popular waterfall – Niagara Falls. Niagara College offers 130 programs in diploma, graduate certificate, apprenticeship and Bachelor’s degree programs. Niagara College offers well equipped laboratories and best-in-class facilities which gives students applied-learning opportunities.
There are applied world-class research facilities and the smaller class size creates a friendly environment among students. There are around 10,500 full-time students while around 3,000 part-time students register each year. Part-time students study in 600+ credit, vocational and general interest programs. Niagara College has been awarded with a silver rating for attaining sustainable development in Higher education.
The Niagara College of Applied Arts and Technology ( Niagara College) is an open College of Applied Arts and Technology inside the Niagara Region of Southern Ontario, Canada.
This was the very first college in Canada to teach brewery and winery. The college had opened the Tourism Industry Development Center (TIDC) to train students in the hospitality and tourism sector as Canada witnessed a swell in tourism.
- With 9,000 full-time understudies, including more than 4000 worldwide understudies from more than 60 nations, the school offers more than 100 post-optional confirmation, baccalaureate degrees, and propelled level projects.
- The proceeding with training division pulls in around 15,000 registrants to over 600 courses every year.
- Niagara College utilizes 291 personnel, 89 organization staff, and 224 care staff and has graduated over 50,000 understudies.
Niagara College – History
Niagara College was founded in Welland in 1967. Later on in 1998, a new campus was established in Niagara-on-the-lake, Ontario. In 2002, Niagara College achieved new heights by becoming the first college in Canada to commercially teach winery through its Niagara College Teaching Winery course. In 2011, Niagara College started Niagara Teaching Brewery course and became the first institution in Canada to do so. In current time, the winery and brewery course comes under the Niagara College’s Canadian Food and Wine Institute.
Niagara College – Campus
Niagara College has two modern campuses in Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada. Both the campuses are just 30 min drive from the Canada-US border.
- Welland Campus – It is located in a friendly and residential community in the Niagara region. This campus offers NC Teaching Hair Salon, The Walker Manufactured and Innovation Centre, NC Research and Innovation, Green Automotive Technology Lab, and The Rankin Technology Centre. There is an applied health institute which specializes in allied health programs. A Dental Clinic also operates in the campus where students are taught while services are offered to the community too. There are renovated student spaces which includes a centre for Student engagement and leadership, co-op and student services, a learning common and library. There is a massive 600-seat cafeteria. There is a State-Of-The-Art Athletic centre which features a gymnasium, fitness centre and a multi-purpose studio. This is the home of Knights of College’s Sport program. Niagara College believes in sustainable development which is reflected through the campus. There are solar panels, wind turbines, geothermal heat pump, edible orchard, walking trails and naturalized berms, wildflower meadows and wetland habitats which makes the campus sustainable in nature.
- Niagara on-the-lake campus – It is located between Glendale Avenue and Queen Elizabeth Way which is a transportation corridor between Toronto and the United States. There is a daily Go bus service to Toronto. It is spread over 125 acres. It has ecological lagoons, wetland systems, landscaped gardens and a massive 40 acre on-campus teaching vineyard. It has Canadian Food Institute, NC Teaching Greenhouse, NC Teaching Spa, NC Teaching Brewery, NC Teaching Winery, NC Take Off, NC Research and Innovation and Living Laboratory. It has also Marotta Family Innovation Complex which gymnasium, fitness centre, agri-food research labs, classrooms, student entrepreneurship space, food sciences and processing lab. This complex has also sustainable technologies in the form of green roof water retention system, rainwater collection and irrigation system, and electric vehicle charging stations. It has a benchmark restaurant which comprises of the food, wine and beer prepared by the college students and it is open for the public. There is also bookstore, library and learning commons, residence, health centre and cafeteria available in the campus.
Niagara College – Campus Location
The school has three grounds:
- The Welland Campus in Welland
- The Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- The Taif Campus in Ta’if, Saudi Arabia. Their Maid of the Mist Campus in Niagara Falls was shut in 2018.
Niagara College – List of Courses
Niagara College Canada gives a four-year college education program (International Commerce and Global Development). The school spends significant time in trend-setting innovation, showing English as a subsequent language, food and wine sciences, and applied wellbeing and network security. Finding out about food, wine, cultivation, and style is additionally a significant piece of learning at Niagara College.
1 Year – 8 Lakh (Approx)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.)- International Commerce and Global Development
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resources)
- Bachelor in Hospitality and Tourism Management
1 Year – 8.5 Lakh (Approx)
- Diploma in Business – International Business
- Diploma in Business – Sales and Marketing
- Diploma in Business – General
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician
- Diploma in Computer Programmer
- Diploma in Business – Accounting (Academic)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technician
- Advanced Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology (Co-op)
- Diploma in Computer Systems Technician – Network and Cloud Technologies
- Diploma in Renewable Energies Technician
- Diploma in Computer Engineering Technician
Niagara College –Certificate Courses
1 Year – 7.5 Lakh (Approx)
- Certificate in International Business Management
- Certificate in Industrial Automation
- Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design
Niagara College – Notable Alumni
- Dan Dunleavy, sportscaster
- Christel Haeck, politician
- Peter Kormos, politician
- Bernie McNamee, journalist
- Edward Burtynsky, photographer
- Shirley Coppen, politician