Bridge Courses are preparatory courses that are designed by different universities all across the globe. They are connecting courses that connect a student’s previous course and the course student wants to join so that he/she does not have to begin from the start of the course the student wants to take is different from the course he is currently pursuing.
Different universities have different bridge courses that are designed to help students who are going to pursue higher education in the same universities and are made according to the course curriculum at the said university. Bridge Courses can sometimes be the entrance test for some universities while in some others it can be a deciding factor in a student’s admission.
Check Out: BDS to MBBS Bridge Course
Bridge Courses Meaning
Bridge courses can be considered as supplementary knowledge that can be provided to students to impart basic knowledge in them about the advanced subjects that will be taught to them in the upcoming future.
For example, if a student has completed his graduation in Engineering with Computer Science specialization and wants to pursue post-graduation in Information Sciences, a bridge course may be taught to him so that he can have the basic knowledge of the course that will be taught to him. This will make sure the student does not have to study the entire undergraduate course of Information Sciences currently saving all of the student’s time, energy and money.
The completion time of a bridge course can vary from institution to institution but generally, a bridge course lasts from 6 months and up to a year.
Bridge Course For Students
The bridge course will enable the student to spare a couple of valuable years without settling on the field he needs to consider. For example, an Art student wants to pursue higher education in Accounting or Finance. For this, he/she should contemplate the essential courses needed for accounting/finance and a typical course in these will keep going quite a while which will hurt the student a lot in their career.
This is the place where bridge courses become an integral factor as the student can take up bridging courses in the very essentials needed for bookkeeping like Maths, Stocks, Bonds, and so on which will again spare student’s valuable time and efforts.
These days, different organizations all over the globe additionally have bridge courses that are compulsory for new joiners so they can have the fundamental information on the work they can expect and will show them the necessary aptitudes for the occupation which will later spare a ton of time, the cash of the organization and execution in the test, will give the organization an essential thought of the effectiveness, information, and specialization of the worker and help the organization in choosing the most reasonable work the representative can be relegated with.
The Essential and basics of 10 +2 level subjects are important to comprehend the subject with ease. Hence the bridge course is planned so that it turns into the piece of the educational program of twelfth Standard and B.Sc. subjects. The Bridge course is expected to go about as a support for the new enters with certain targets to give sufficient chance to the progress to the in-your-face of a degree course.
- To give a sufficient establishment in the fundamental applied science subject, with the goal that students don’t confront any trouble when the college classes start.
- This course gives a superior progress stage to set themselves up before the beginning obviously for the primary semester.
- To overcome any barrier between subjects learned at the pre-college level and subjects they would concentrate on B.Sc. classes.
- Bridge course goes about as a cradle for the new passage.
- Interactive and dynamic learning students will be outfitted with information and certainty before the main year course. It is course conduct by every Department by framing their own syllabus.
The bridge course is a start and not an end in itself. Lamentably, schools are not set up to acknowledge the truth. The explanation is somewhat that instructors, as a rule, trust it isn’t beneficial to go through over ten days for a bridge course.
A bridge course should be followed up consistently. For a recognizing student with an Odia medium foundation, the way to deal with the bridge course could be changed by restricting syntax to the learning of tenses, cognizance to tuning in and perusing and appending high significance to bunch exercises.
Bridge Courses Guidelines
Only courses that comply with the following guidelines will be approved as bridging courses for the purpose of mature student application and admission:
- The course should be educated over the endorsed span by the public approving body.
- The course educational plan must be scholarly in content. The course should utilize college-level materials and give guidance and huge practice in proficient basic abilities. A course with a prevalently non-scholastic educational plan, for example, a course intended to redesign Basic English language aptitudes, will not qualify as a spanning course. In any case, a course may fuse non-scholarly arrangement as a subordinate or extra segment of the educational plan and still qualify as a connecting course, since the emphasis stays on scholastic issues for the necessary least term.
- Grades must be founded on tried execution and must mean abilities satisfactory for college-level courses which request articles or potentially paper type assessments, and an evaluation of B or better is important to have the outcome perceived with the end goal of confirmation.
Why are Bridging Courses Important?
Bridge courses can be considered as valuable information that can be given to understudies to confer fundamental information in them about the serious subjects that will be educated to them in the impending future.
For instance, if a student has finished his graduation in Engineering with Computer Science specialization and needs to seek after post-graduation in Information Sciences, a bridge course might be educated to him so he can have the fundamental information on the course that will be instructed to him. This will ensure the student doesn’t need to examine the whole college class of Information Sciences at present sparing the entirety of the student’s time, energy and cash.
The completion time of a bridge course can change from organization to foundation, however, by and large, a bridge course keeps going from a half year and as long as a year.
This is where bridging courses come into play as the student can take up bridging courses in the very basics required for accounting like Maths, Stocks, Bonds, etc which will again save student’s resources.
Ans. Bridge Courses are preparatory courses that are designed by different universities all across the globe. They are connecting courses that connect a student’s previous course and the course student wants to join so that he/she does not have to begin from the start of the course the student wants to take is different from the course he is currently pursuing.
Ans. Bridging courses are short, centered learning courses that can extend from 6 months to 1 year.
Ans. The bridge course for MBBS is BDS, this is for students who want to switch Dental Background to medical field working as a physician. This course will help to increase the number of professionals in the field of medicine.
Ans. The benefit of this bridge course will not only help the
ayurvedic doctors but also give benefit to patients who stay in rural areas as they will also be to get the best health care management.
Ans. An online application must be submitted at the official website of NIOS for bridge courses for the teacher. A teacher’s degree should be approved by NCTE and in-service as elementary teacher teaching classes 1-5 are eligible to apply.