In today’s era, every job requires expertise and courses are specially designed for it. Data Science courses are new in the field of education, yet are in high demand. This course involves mathematics, algorithms, mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, and business management. Data Science course teaches students to extract insights from raw data and analyse it thoroughly to derive the optimum business strategies for business groups or MNC’s.
The students learning data science course deals with organized and unorganized data and predicts a conclusion by using tools like algorithms, historical and current market trends, etc. If a student wishes to pursue a Data Science course, they must be passionate about Business, Statistics, and tools.
Check Out: SOP for MS in Data Science
Data Science Course Components
A student who has an inclination to pursue Data Science course should be aware of three major components of Data Science course –
- Machine Learning – It involves the use of algorithms and mathematical calculations to forecast trading based on historical patterns and market trends.
- Big Data – This is a form of converting and collecting data that is required for analysis to generate information.
- Business Intelligence – This is the crucial component of the data science course, the extracted raw data, when analysed, produces a certain outcome. The use of the outcome for developing business strategies lies in this component.
Check Out: Data Science Certification
Skill Required For Data Science Course
There are certain other skills that a student must develop during their academic journey of data science course-
- MS Excel – This is the primary and core requirement in a data science course. MS Excel is used for data analysis during the initial level, where data analysis is conducted by using formulae.
- Python – This coding software is used in a data science course for mathematical models.
- Use of R – R is a programming language used for statistical and data analysis.
- Hadoop Platform – The framework is used for storing and processing big data.
- SQL Database – This software is used in a data science course for preparing and extracting data using tools like graphs, search behaviour, etc.
Check Out: What is Data Science?
Jobs After Data Science Course
One can apply to various job roles after completing a data science course –
- Business Analytics Professional
- Business Intelligence Professional
- Data Scientist
- Big Data Analysts
- HR Analytics Professionals
- Marketing Analytics Professionals
The scope of pursuing a data science course and undertaking the job of a data scientist is quite promising in developing nations. On average, the starting salary of a data scientist ranges from 5Lakhs – 15Lakhs per annum in the initial point of their careers. The educational eligibility for a data scientist is B. Tech/ B.E. / M. Tech or M.E. Banks, and other financial institutions are looking for fresh candidates to employ them in their companies.
Check Out: Masters in Data Science in Ireland
Top Institutes For Data Science Course
The top 5 institutes in India that offer data science courses are:
|Name of the Institute||Duration of the Course||Fees of the Course|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics Jointly offered By IIM Calcutta, ISI Kolkata, and IIT Kharagpur||2 Years (includes 6 months of internship)||20 Lakhs – 22 Lakhs|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science with MAHE by Jigsaw Academy||1 Year||5 Lakhs – 7 Lakhs|
|PG Program In Data Science By Praxis Business School||9 months||5 Lakhs – 7 Lakhs|
|Post-Graduate Program in Data Science and Engineering (PGP – DSE) By Great Learning||5 months||3 Lakhs – 4 Lakhs|
|M.Tech Data Science & Artificial Intelligence By NMIMS’s Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering||2 Years||5 Lakhs – 7 Lakhs|
Ans. Data Science courses are new in the field of education, yet are in high demand. This course involves mathematics, algorithms, mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, and business management. Data Science course teaches students to extract insights from raw data and analyse it thoroughly to derive the optimum business strategies for business groups or MNC’s.
Ans. Here is the list of best course for data science:
1. Data Science Specialisation Course by Coursera
2. Data-Driven Decision-Making Course from Coursera
3. Data Science Essentials Course by EdX
4. Machine Learning Course by Udacity
5. Data Science Fundamentals by IBM
6. Learning from Data Course by California Institute of Technology.
Ans. For being eligible for a data science course, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in science, business administration, engineering, computer applications, or mathematics. You also need to have a master’s degree in statistics, commerce, or mathematics with 50 percent or equivalent marks.
Ans. An average salary is approximately $90,000. For a mid-level, the data scientist’s salary is $130,000 and it can rise upto $190,000.
Ans. Yes, Data Science is tough, its a combination of hard skills
like learning Python and SQL and soft skills like business skills or communication skills. Not every student passes the exam.