Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University or IP University formerly called Indraprastha University, is a very well known university located in Delhi, India. It is a public state university established in 1998 by the Government of Delhi. It is known as a teaching cum affiliating university.
The IP university or the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is one of the members of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The mission of ACU is to promote and encourage a high quality higher education for the benefit of students. The IP university is also part of the Distance Education Council and the Medical Council of India.
|accreditations||Grade ‘A’ by NAAC|
|Registration by||Online Admission|
The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has 15 schools and 2 centers. They all are present either at the main campus (Dwarka) or the Kashmere Gate campus.
The below mentioned are the faculties of the university.
- University School of Engineering & Technology
- University School of Environment Management
- University School of Architecture & Planning
- University School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- University School of Biotechnology
- University School of Education
- University School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- University School of Information and Communication Technology
- University School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- University School of Management Studies (MBA)
- University School of Mass Communication
- University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- University School of Chemical Technology
- University School of Law and Legal Studies
- University School of Life Sciences
- University Centre for IT Services & Infrastructure Management
- University Centre for Disaster Management Studies
- Accommodation for boys and girls with security services
- Facility for parking available for both faculty and students
- Seminar halls and conference rooms for every school
- Good food available at the canteen
- Medical room
- Grounds for sports like football, cricket, tennis, karate, yoga
- Innovative classroom and new technological equipment
Course in IP university
The university has around 50 courses as varied as technology, medicine, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, education, and law and business management. University offers degree Courses in Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), and Doctoral Programmes.
|MPT||BA of Physiotherapy program [BPT] with at least 50% marks from a recognized university and CET Score.|
|MCA||BCA/B.Sc with at least 50% marks from a well known university.|
|MBBS||12th class completed with PCB and English as subject with at minimum of 50% marks from a well known university and a valid NEET Score.|
|MBA||BA Degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid CET Score.|
|MA||BA Degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid CET Score.|
|M.Tech||BE/B.Tech with a minimum 60% marks from a known university and should have qualified GATE exam.|
|M.Sc||B.Sc Degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a acknowledged university with a valid CET Score.|
|M.Ed||B.Ed with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid CET Score.|
|LLM||LLB with a minimum of 50% marks from a BCI known university with a valid CET Score.|
|LLB||12 class finished with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid IPU CET Score.|
|BHMS||12 class completed with English and PCM as subjects with a minimum of 60% marks from a known university with a valid NEET Score.|
|BHM||12 class completed with a minimum 50% marks from a known university and a valid CET Score.|
|BDS||12 class completed with English & PCM as subjects with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university with a valid NEET Score.|
|BCA||12 class completed with English & PCM as subjects with a minimum of 50% marks and a valid CET Score.|
|BBA||12 class completed with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid IPU CET Score.|
|BAMS||12 class completed with English and PCM as subjects with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid NEET Score.|
|BA||12 class completed with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university with a valid CET Score.|
|B.Tech||12 class finished with PCB or PCM as subjects with a minimum of 60% marks from a known university and qualified IPU CET exam.|
|B.Ed||BA Degree with at least 55% marks from a known university with a valid IP University CET Score.|
|B.Com [Hons.]||12 classes completed with at least 50% marks from an acknowledged university with a valid CET Score.|
|B.Arch||12th class completed and have opted for science stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a known university with a valid NATA score.|
IP University Top Colleges
- Northern India College of Engineering
- Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology
Major Course Fees and Eligibility
|Major Courses||Eligibility||Course Fees|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks OR CA/ICWA qualified||INR 1,90,500/-|
|B.Tech||Passed 10+2 (PCM) with 55% marks in aggregate with English as main subject||INR 75,500/-|
|B.Ed||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks||INR 1,24,500/-|
|Integrated B.Tech – M.Tech||Passed 12 class (PCM) with 55% marks in aggregate with English as main subject||INR 93,000/-|
|BBA||Passed 12 class from any recognized institute||INR 1,84,000/-|
IP Admissions 2020
The admission details are given below :
- The GGSIPU University application form for all courses can be found on the official IPU website
- The candidates have to fill all necessary details the application requires and after carefully filling it, submit the form.
- The candidates have to then download a copy of the application form for the future admission process.
- The Application fee is Rs.1000/- and it should be paid online.
- The candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored and merit in the qualifying entrance exam.
IPU CET Entrance Examination 2020
IPU CET 2020 Application Form has been released.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University will conduct the examination. The university level exam is organized every year to give admissions to candidates in various UG & PG programs.
The interested students have to qualify the entrance test with the qualifying marks to be able to attain admission for various programs.
Admission will be offered for B.Tech, BBA, BCA, LLM, LLB, MCA, MBA & different other courses. For admission into MBBS as well as BDS, students have to apply through NEET Scores.
|Course||Last date of Application submission||Application Correction||Date of exam||Result|
|B.ED||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|B.S.C (Nursing)||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|B.Tech||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|BBA||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|BCA||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|LLB||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|MBA||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|MBA (IT)||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||31st March 2020||1st – 3rd April 2020||25th April – 5th May 2020||By 5th June 2020|
IPU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
IPU CET 2020 will be held in April-May 2020 through online mode.
- Questions will be objective for the examination
- 100 questions will be there in the paper for the B.Tech students.
- The language used for the examination will be English
- 3 hours for the other courses and 2.5 hours for B.Tech Exam paper 400 marks will be the total marks
- 4 marks for every correct answer.
- 1 mark will be reduced for every incorrect answer GGSIPU Results
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be available through the online mode. The students must go to the official website and the students will be able to download the Admit card using their log-in Id with their password. The students must diligently paste their passport size photograph on it.
- Candidates must keep their admit cards safe until the admission procedure as it mandatory during the counseling process.
- No Admit Card will be sent through any kind of offline methods.
- With their Admit card, the students must carry their valid ID proof on the exam day.
- No duplicate admit card will be accepted.
IP Unuversity Results
GGSIPU follows an odd/even semester pattern for all the courses offered by the institution. End-semester examinations happen in the months of May or June for the even semester and December for the odd semesters.
IP Results are published on its official website. It can be checked online through the following steps :
How to check GGSIPU Results?
- The candidate must log in to the official website of GGSIPU
- After logging in, the candidate must click on the ‘Examinations’ tab on the home page.
- Then click on the ‘Examination Results’ from the menu.
- After clicking the link given, the result will be downloaded automatically to the candidate’s device.
IP University Counselling
Counselling conducted at the university level based on the score in IPU CET decides the list of candidates for the final admission.
There are online counseling for
- BBA, MBA, MCA, LL.B, B.Ed, BCA (except for B.Ed)
- B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- BJMC & B.Com courses
The students of the rest of the courses have to attend the offline counseling process.
Schedule for Online counseling is listed below:
|CET Code (Subject-Wise)||Start Date||Last Date|
|101, 105, 114, 121, 122, 125, 126, 128, 131, 146||–||–|
|Registration||June 08, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|First Counselling process||June 08, 2020||June 16, 2020|
|Second Counselling process||June 22, 2020||June 26, 2020|
|Third Counselling process||July 02, 2020||July 07, 2020|
Also Read: CCS University
IPU Course Fee 2020
The table below shows the per annum fee of all the courses:
|Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws [BA LLB]||75,000|
|Bachelor of Technology [BTech] + Master of Technology [MTech]||14,400|
|Bachelor of Business Administration + Bachelor of Laws [BBA LLB]||93,000|
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||45,000|
|Bachelor of Science [BSc]||81,000|
|Bachelor of Technology [BTech]||60,000|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medical Sciences [BAMS]||48,360|
|Bachelor of Architecture [BArch]||75,000|
|Bachelor of Dental Science [BDS]||96,000|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology [BHMCT]||36,000|
|Bachelor of Electro – Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery [BEMS]||48,360|
|Bachelor of Computer Application [BCA]||58,000|
|Bachelor of Education [B.Ed.]||1,42,280|
|Bachelor of Vocational Studies [BVoc]||78,000|
|IPU PG Course Fee (Rs)|
|Master of Technology [MTech]||1,28,000|
|Master of Business Administration [MBA]||1,34,800|
|Master of Science [MSc]||1,06,000|
|Master of Arts [MA]||51,000|
|Master of Philosophy [MPhil]||42,000|
|Master in Occupational Therapy [MOT]||82,500|
|Master of Computer Application [MCA]||1,00,000|
|Master of Physiotherapy [MPT]||1,90,000|
|Master of Laws [LLM]||1,06,000|
|Master of Chirurgiae [MCh]||82,500|
|Master of Education [MEd]||64,000|
|Post Graduate Diploma||55,000|
MBA at IP University
The GGSIP University has been ranked 74th by NIRF for the year 2018 among the other prestigious universities.
The GGSIP University School of Management Studies has been given the 51-75 band in management.
|Last date to submit the application form||MBA (IT) – 29 Apr 2019Weekend MBA – 20 May 2019|
|CET Exam date||MBA (IT) – 01 Jun 2019 (10:30 AM- 01:00 PM)Weekend MBA – NO CET MBA – Via CAT|
|Result Declaration||2MBA (IT) – 10 Jun 2019|
Also Read: MGKVP University
BBA at IP university
|Commonly used name||IPU CET / GGSIPU CET BBA|
|Conducting body of the examination||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Exam duration||2.5 hours i.e. 150 minutes|
|Program duration||3 years|
|Exam level||National level exam|
|Frequency of GGSIPU CET BBA||Once in a year|
|Mode of exam||Online mode|
|Specialisation in||Bachelor of Business AdministrationBachelor of Business Administration (Banking & Insurance)Bachelor of Business Administration (Computer-Aided Management)|
|Total sections are divided into||Four|
|Type of questions asked||Multiple choice questions (MCQs)|
IPU CET 2020 Cut off
- The cut off marks are on the basis of various factors
- The difficulty of the test
- Number of seats taken
- Marking scheme for the exam
- total number of the candidates appeared,
- last year cut-off
- The students must secure marks in the test as per the cut off marks are given and the selected ones will get selected for counseling.
GGSIPU Placement Companies
|Indus Valley Partners||Syntel|
|Impetus||Tata Consultancy Services|
|S&P Capital IQ||Adobe|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16C, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110078 (India)
Phone: +91-11-25302170, Fax: +91-11- 25302111
Yes, it is really good for law. It out-performs VIP and The Amity Law School.
ipu.ac.in is the official website of the university
It has been extended till 21st June 2020.
3 rounds will be there for the counselling section
It’s a public state university not private.