The University of Greenwich was established in the year 1891. But back in the date, it was called Woolwich Polytechnic, which is the second oldest polytechnic in the UK. Frank Didden founded it. In 1992, it was granted university status by the major government and was renamed the University of Greenwich in 1993. Today, the University finds its place in one of the top educational institutions in the world. The University of Greenwich has a wide range of courses available.
The University left its old campus of Bathway Quarter in Woolwich and moved to the current main campus in Greenwich. Based on the banks of Thames. Today, it has three campuses, two in London and the other in Kent, England.
Avery Hills and Greenwich campuses are located in London. And the Medway campus is in Kent. The infrastructure of all the three campuses is brilliant, just like it should be for a standard international university. Equipped with great sports facilities, laboratories, theatre, and gyms, it ensures a nice environment for the educational growth of the students.
The University is rated as one of the most environment-friendly in the UK by the People & Planet Green League Table.
Also, 84th in the Times University Guide 2020. And 90th in the Guardian University Guide 2020.
Students from the partner universities of Greenwich University must be nominated first before applying. Once the University receives the nomination from the home university of a candidate, it will send application materials to the respective candidate.
For students not studying in partner universities: –
Students who do not form any of the partner universities can apply as a fee-paying candidate. Please contact [email protected] to learn more about how to apply as a fee-paying student.
- Other Criteria to be full filled –
- English language requirements –
- IELTS score of 6.0 is required, with a score of each component not less than 5.5 (only accepted before the date of expiry of the test.)
- Students coming from a majority English-speaking nation will have to demonstrate the required level of comprehension and competency of the English language during the application process.
- Documents required at the time of applying –
- Copy of his/her passport or ID card.
- A copy of the transcript from the home university.
Important Steps –
- Get in touch with [email protected] to ask for guidance regarding the application process.
- Apply with all the required documents within the application deadline.
- Once you get a confirmation of acceptance, candidates, if they wish to, can apply for on-campus accommodation.
- Submit the requested module choices to the respective Faculty Erasmus Coordinator (Erasmus+ students) or Global Mobility Manager (Study Abroad or Exchange students)
- Apply for a visa (if applicable)
- Prepare for your arrival in London
The University offers 15 Bachelor courses and 50 master courses.
The following is a list of Bachelor Courses –
- Business Management, BA Hons
- Computer Engineering, BEng Hons
- BA Hons in Hospitality Management
- International Business, BA Hons
- Civil Engineering, BEng Hons
- BA Hons Architecture
- Computer Science, BSc Hons
- BSc Hons Psychology with Counselling
- BA Hons in Accounting and Finance
- BEng Hons in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc Hons in Finance and Investment Banking
- BA Hons in Business with Finance
- Biology, BSc Hons
- BSc Hons in Computing
- BA Hons in Accounting and Financial Information Systems
List of master programs –
- Business & Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Medicine & Health
- Social Sciences
- Arts, Design & Architecture
- Applied Sciences & Professions
- Computer Science & IT
- Education & Training
- Environmental Studies & Earth Sciences
- Hospitality, Leisure & Sports
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Journalism & Media
There are various courses offered under these streams in masters, which are 60 in total.