Southern Arkansas University (SAU) is an open financed organization for advanced education and examination in Columbia County’s Magnolia city. It was initially set up as a region agrarian secondary school in southwest Arkansas. Following a few names and basic changes since its beginning, SAU got the authority to offer postgraduate degrees in chose regions of study in 1975.
Consequently, it changed from a school to a college under its present-day name. It has accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission. The college has a delightful coeducational and private grounds, spread over 1,418 sections of land. The grounds comprise all around kept up structures that house best in class study hall spaces, research facilities, regulatory workplaces, recreational spaces, and athletic offices.
Some key highlights about the Southern Arkansas University are referenced underneath:
- On-campus incorporate a book shop, multipurpose field, network corridor, guiding focus, and an ATM.
- SAU has five universities and one school offering specialization in various business orders, liberal and performing expressions, instruction, science, and designing.
- It stretches out more than 70 undergrad full-time programs.
- The college also gives 19 post-graduate projects, either eye to eye, online classes, or a crossbreed blend of both.
- With about 43.9 % of the classes having under 20 understudies, the college’s understudy instructor proportion is 17:1.
Southern Arkansas University Ranking
Southern Arkansas University is an open foundation that was established in 1909. It has a complete undergrad enlistment of 3,542, its setting is rustic, and the size of the grounds is 1,491 sections of land. It uses a semester-based scholarly schedule. The normal rookie degree of consistency, a pointer of understudy fulfillment, is 65 percent.
The Southern Arkansas university ranking is mentioned below:
Southern Arkansas University is positioned #96-#122 in Regional Universities South. Their exhibition positions schools over a lot of generally acknowledged pointers of greatness.
- #96-#122 in Regional Universities South.
- #76 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- #466-#504 in Business Programs.
Check Out: University of Fraser Valley Ranking
Southern Arkansas University Admissions
Southern Arkansas University affirmations are particular with an acknowledgment pace of 65%. A large portion of the candidates admitted to Southern Arkansas University has an SAT score somewhere in the range of 970 and 1220 or an ACT score of 19 and 24. Nonetheless, one-fourth of conceded candidates accomplished scores over these extents, and one quarter scored underneath these reaches. The application cut-off time at Southern Arkansas University is August 27.
Southern Arkansas University admission procedure is mentioned below:
- Application for affirmation.
- ACT/SAT scores.
- Secondary school record (demonstrating graduation date) or GED passing scores.
- Immunization record.
- Other information, as requested by the Office of Admissions.
Starting understudies who have ACT scores of 19 or higher on the English, science, and perusing portions of the ACT assessment, finished the central subjects, and moved on from secondary school will be conceded unequivocally to Southern Arkansas University.
Southern Arkansas University international admissions
International understudies who have graduated with a G.E.D. in the United States or a degree (High School, Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree) from an authorize school in the United States English-talking nation must meet indistinguishable affirmation prerequisites from U.S. understudies.
The Southern Arkansas university international admissions details are listed below:
- Snap-on, the “Start Application Process,” to make your candidate entrance.
- Start your application: The application procedure is dealt with through your application profile page. You will finish application surveys on this profile page and transfer the necessary documentation expected to finish your application. As you transfer records, you will get warnings that your reports have been assessed. You can likewise observe on your profile page what archives you have transferred, what should be transferred, and what reports have been looked into.
Your application isn’t finished until you have presented your necessary archives’ entirety recorded on your application profile.
- Required Application Documents
- $90 Application charge
- Optional School/University Transcripts
- We require a 2.0 least GPA for all approaching green beans and students from other schools.
Transfer your official Secondary Transcripts in English to the Application. Understudies from African nations that utilize the WAEC test need to present their scratch cards and test data to check scores on the web.
Southern Arkansas University Admission Requirements
To apply for affirmation as an undergrad at Southern Arkansas University, an entering green bean must present the accompanying:
- Application for confirmation.
- ACT or SAT scores (Note: Waived for Summer and Fall 2020)
- Secondary school record or GED declaration indicating graduation date.
The Southern Arkansas University Admission Requirements are mentioned below:
- Non-Traditional Students
Understudies who are 25 years old or more established are conceded paying little heed to their ACT scores. In any case, if they have not finished College Algebra and Comp I, they should submit ACT scores to decide if they should take formative courses.
- Unconditional Admission
Starting understudies who have ACT scores of 19 or higher on the English, arithmetic, and perusing portions of the ACT assessment and who have, after moving on from secondary school after May 1, 1997, finished the main subjects with a base combined evaluation point normal of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale will be conceded genuinely to Southern Arkansas University.
- Conditional Admission
Students who don’t meet all requirements for unlimited confirmation, however, who have gotten a composite ACT score of 16 or higher will be restrictively admitted to Southern Arkansas University.
Understudies conceded with conditions may take at least 16 credits during their first normal semester. What’s more, understudies conceded with conditions must meet with a relegated scholastic guide at any rate twice a semester to survey their scholarly advancement.
Southern Arkansas University GRE and IELTS Requirements
Southern Arkansas University (SAU) is a kind far-reaching college situated in Arkansas’s delightful territory. Set up in 1909, SAU now offers more than 60 different degrees in four unmistakable universities – College of Science and Engineering, College of Business, College of Liberal and Performing Arts, and College of Education. SAU values reasonable quality educational cost and a low 16-to-1 understudy instructor proportion.
The minimum requirements of GRE and IELTS in Southern Arkansas University are:
- GRE: 284
- IELTS: 5.5
Southern Arkansas University Requirements For International Students
International understudies must meet our first-year recruits and move rules. Likewise, you should follow the extra necessities we have set up for International Students as required by the U.S. Understudy and Exchange Visitor Program.
Southern Arkansas University Tech was established in 1968 and is a piece of the Southern Arkansas University System. SAU Tech is certified by The Higher Learning Commission and approved under Federal Law to enlist non-outsider understudies. Global understudies pay out-of-state rates and any extra charges that make going to SAU Tech truly moderate.
Southern Arkansas University requirements for international students are as follows:
- Must be applying for F-1 visa student status.
- Must be an incoming freshman student who has completed secondary school and has not attended a post-secondary school.
- Must meet required SAT or ACT scores.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to show that your English language skills are high enough to succeed in your studies.
- The mode of applying is online.
Southern Arkansas University Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid gives monetary help to qualified understudies in the quest for their instructive goals. Help is accessible through government, state, and institutional projects which incorporate awards, credits, understudy work, and grants. All projects are managed as per administering guidelines.
The Southern Arkansas University financial aid details are listed below:
- $14,102 is the standard Southern Arkansas University-Main Campus’ rookie money related guide bundle. About 96.0% of rookie understudies get monetary assistance, the vast majority of which are grants and awards.
- The details following relate to help, which is provided by Southern Arkansas University-Main Campus.
- 79.0% of first-year recruits (666 aggregate) were offered grants at Southern Arkansas University-Main Campus, averaging $6,285 each. This places it in the top 40th percentile of all schools in the country.
- Four hundred ninety first-year recruit understudies got an award. About 58.0% of Southern Arkansas University Main Campus green beans got awards with a normal of $4,672 each.
Southern Arkansas University Graduate Programs
An understudy’s arrangement of study is intended to meet licensure necessities as per Arkansas Law. Southern Arkansas University isn’t liable for courses required for licensure if the state changes prerequisites after the understudy’s program is affirmed.
Winning a graduate degree from Southern Arkansas University doesn’t imply that the degree beneficiary will get a permit. The Arkansas Department of Education or other authorizing office figures out who will get a permit.
Southern Arkansas University graduate programs are mentioned below:
College of Business
- Master of Business Administration.
- Master of Business Administration with Agri-Business Emphasis.
- Master of Business Administration with Supply Chain Management Emphasis.
- Master of Business Administration with Social Entrepreneurship Emphasis.
College of Education
- Master of Science in Clinical and Mental Health Counselling.
- Doctor of Education in Rural and Diverse Educational Leadership.
- Masters of Arts in Teaching.
- Master of Education in School Counselling K-12.
- Master of Education in College Counselling and Student Affairs.
- Master of Education in Special Education.
College of Science and Technology
- Master of Science in Computer and Information Science.
- Master of Science in Computer and Information Science-Cyber Security & Privacy Option.
- Master of Science in Computer and Information Science-Information Technology Option.
- Master of Science in Computer and Information Science-Data Science Option.
- Master of Science in Agriculture.
College of Liberal and Performing Arts
- Master of Public Administration.
- Master of Public Administration with Social Entrepreneurship Emphasis.
Southern Arkansas University MBA
The program underscores the more elevated level of information and abilities expected to oversee associations effectively.
Course educational plan incorporates graduate-level courses in bookkeeping, financial matters, money, promoting, hierarchical hypothesis, and quantitative investigation.
Some key features about the Southern Arkansas University MBA program are:
- The M.B.A. is offered by the Rankin College of Business at SAU and is completely certify by AACSB, International, the chief authorizing body for universities and schools of business.
- Less than five percent of all business programs overall are certified by AACSB, which shows our program’s nature.
- The overall business accentuation educational program incorporates graduate-level courses in bookkeeping, financial aspects, fund, showcasing, authoritative hypothesis, quantitative investigation, key administration, and the board data frameworks.
- Furthermore, the basic points of view will be underlined in the program.
- These incorporate moral, worldwide, political, social, lawful and administrative, and natural issues; innovation; segment assorted variety; and composed and oral relational abilities.
Southern Arkansas University online MBA
The application cut-off time for the online MBA programs at Southern Arkansas University, a state-funded school, is rolling. For these projects, the entirety of the online classes is recorded and chronicled.
Understudies ought to likewise take note of that the Association certifies the online MBA programs at Southern Arkansas University to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the best quality level of business college accreditation.
Some key highlights of Southern Arkansas University online MBA are:
- A degree like the online MBA gets ready working experts for productive business professions by giving strong central business instruction and magnificent systems administration open doors for understudies.
- A portion of Arkansas’ most notable colleges were set up in the last part of the 1800s. However, those schools are not obsolete as some currently offer front line online MBA degrees that will help shape tomorrow’s business heads.
- This positioning of the absolute best online MBA programs in Arkansas highlights four projects that offer heavenly projects under $10,000 in base educational cost.
- A moderate online MBA offered in Arkansas’s province would be an invited reality for business graduate understudies.
- Likewise, these programs give an incredible educational program and the notoriety for scholarly greatness ensured by a business accreditation through the AACSB.
Southern Arkansas University Application Fee
Each school requires an application with the minimum necessities – secondary school record and GPA, application structure, and other center data. As clarified above, numerous schools require SAT and ACT scores, just as letters of suggestion, application papers, and meetings.
- The Southern Arkansas college application charge: $0
- Avg. secondary school GPA for green bean: 3.38
Southern Arkansas University Application Deadline
The Southern Arkansas University School of Graduate Studies is focused on getting ready people for administration places in an assortment of callings by giving progressed and concentrated instruction. The educational programs and instructional advances are intended to address understudies in our district and set them up to contend in a differing and dynamic culture.
The Southern Arkansas college application deadline: Applications and all affirmation archives (records and grades) must be gotten by the accompanying deadline to stay away from a late charge:
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer Semesters: May 15
Southern Arkansas University Campus
The Southern Arkansas University grounds is involved almost 1,400 sections of land on the northern edge of Magnolia, Arkansas. While SAU is strategically placed inside driving separation of Dallas, Shreveport, and Little Rock, Magnolia offers a modest community setting and family-like feel.
SAU offers Preview Days for secondary schools and other imminent understudies to come to visit grounds – including scholarly structures, lodging, understudy life offices, etc.
Southern Arkansas University Scholarships For International Students
Academic grants are granted dependent on grade-point normal, class rank, and ACT or SAT score. Execution grants are accessible in craftsmanship, band, ensemble, and theatre. Different grants are accessible in sports and rodeo.
If you are qualified for an academic or potential execution grant, your grant grants will be applied to college charges (a few limitations apply).
Scholarship details for International students are mentioned below:
Southern Arkansas offers two main types of scholarships for international students:
- Initial scholarships for first-time freshmen coming to SAU.
- The Retention Scholarship for current SAU international undergraduate students.
Initial Scholarships: Recipients will be picked by the International Office dependent on their SAT or ACT scores. Beginning grants are constrained and granted to the understudies with the most elevated scores.
There are three types of initial scholarships:
1. Non-Resident Scholarship: An honor proportional to $1515 per semester ($3030 for the academic year).
- New SAT score of at any rate 1160
- ACT composite of least 24.
2. International Excellence Scholarship: An honor proportional to $2500 per semester ($5000 per academic year).
- New SAT score of at any rate 1270
- ACT composite of at any rate 27.
3. Presidential Scholarship: An honor proportional to $5500 per semester ($11,000 per scholastic year).
- New SAT score of 1370
- ACT composite of at any rate 30.
Retention Scholarship: The Retention Scholarship grant after understudies’ total 15 credit hours (generally completed after the primary semester).
The honor is proportionate to roughly $2250 per semester ($4500 for the scholarly year), distinguishing between the occupant and non-inhabitant educational costs.
Rules for Retention Scholarship:
- Just for understudies without other introductory universal grants.
- Must have a 3.5 aggregate GPA and have finished at any rate 15 hours at SAU.
- Must live on campus.
Southern Arkansas University Cost
The 2020 undergrad educational cost and charges of Southern Arkansas University-Main Campus are $9,080 for Arkansas occupants and $13,580 for state understudies.
The 2020 doctoral level college educational cost and expenses are $6,582 for Arkansas occupants and $9,462 for other people. Eighty-three understudies (2.34% of the selected college understudies) have gotten an award or grant help, and the normal sum is $9,578.
The Southern Arkansas University cost details are mentioned below:
- Tuition (including approximate fees) for full-time students (15 credit hours each semester) $13,600
- Room and Board- Residential Hall and Meal Plan $6,418
- International Student Insurance $1,320
- Books and supplies $1,100
- Total $22,438
- Tuition (including approximate fees) for full-time students (6 credit hours each semester) $6,400
- Room and Board- Residential Hall and Meal Plan $6,418
- International Student Insurance $1,320
- Books and supplies $600
- Total $14,738
Southern Arkansas University Notable Alumni
One thousand nine hundred nine as a region farming secondary school for southwest Arkansas and was initially named Third District Agricultural School, frequently called by understudies and personnel “TDAS.”
The college works a few habitation corridors, many of which are related to explicit living-learning networks (LLCs).
Some remarkable Southern Arkansas University notable alumni are:
- Jordan Babineaux – NFL football player for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Ken Beck – defensive tackle for the Green Bay Packers in 1959 and 1960 seasons; later, educator and coach in Cotton Valley, Louisiana.
- Bruce Bennett – Arkansas attorney general (1957–1960 and 1963–1966).
- Ken Brown – former NFL player.
- Joyce Elliott – Democratic member of the Arkansas Senate since 2009.
Southern Arkansas University Reviews
Southern Arkansas is a state-funded college situated in Magnolia, Arkansas.
It is a little foundation with an enlistment of 3,019 college understudies. Affirmations are, to some degree, serious as the Southern Arkansas acknowledgment rate is 69%. Famous majors incorporate Liberal Arts and Humanities, Business, and Nursing. Graduating 41% of understudies, Southern Arkansas graduated class proceed to acquire a beginning pay of $28,200.
The Southern Arkansas University reviews are mentioned below:
- It’s an incredible spot to call home. I couldn’t see myself anyplace else. Everybody is well disposed; in my initial not many months here, I have made many such companions. In every case, the educators are exceptionally quite supportive; they need to see you succeed, and that is continually reassuring.
- I had visited Southern Arkansas University only one time before I chose to join in! The choice appeared to be extremely simple for me. It wasn’t only one thing that helped me with my choice, however numerous elements.
- I have gotten a BSE and an M.ED from Southern Arkansas University. I genuinely make the most of my time at SAU and miss the college when I graduated in December 2016. The instructor/understudy proportion is little, which is great. There are nearby exercises for everybody. I am being included made my time at SAU significantly more agreeable. I had a sense of security nearby with Resident Hall chiefs, Resident Assistants, and nearby Police Officers.
- Southern Arkansas University is an incredible spot for you if you like little school town. It’s generally calm, so it’ll work your imagination for you to appreciate the occasions. There are many occasions nearby week after week, and in some event, there are occasions around. SAU is different, and there are numerous global understudies from everywhere throughout the world. It is at present becoming truly quick, including new residences and overhauls. The best part is that it is moderate. To me, SAU is an incredible college.
- By and by, I feel Southern Arkansas has a great deal of space to develop yet has made considerable progress since I previously selected 2014. Since my first year, there has been an expansion of individuals who go to SAU, which prompts a somewhat various scene nearby when understudies are out and about.
Ans. Each fall, we welcome 82 green beans to be a piece of the Residential College. At any rate, sixteen understudies are chosen from every scholastic school (College of Business, College of Education, College of Liberal and Performing Arts, and College of Science and Technology).
Ans. We concede first-year and students from other schools dependent on a worldwide evaluation of scholastic potential. We analyze ACT or SAT scores, secondary school GPAs, required submitted expositions, letters of suggestion, and other applicable data. Current SAU understudies who have earned a 3.5 GPA may request the Honors College for confirmation. Understudies moving from partnered Honors 2+2 projects (SAU Tech, SACC, and College of the Ouachitas, at present) must hold a base school GPA of 3.25.
Ans. Truly. Praises courses are either full distinctions or agreement respects. In full distinctions, just distinctions understudies may enlist. Those classes are littler and are educated unexpectedly. If it’s not too much trouble, consider offering full distinctions classes in your specialization.