Communication is need of every life stage, communication skills does not require only when a job interview is asked for, but in all such situations where merely a communication can handle it all the communication is considered to be a medium to pass on information from one person to another or from self to another.
Mere expressing cannot be understood by every other individual one has to convey to another person to describe about the thoughts on a subject.
Communication can be made in three basic ways –
- Vocally – by using voice notes to convey a message or thought
- Written – by writing in the form of books, digital media or printed form
- Non-verbally – through actions, body language, the pitch of voice, or gestures.
None of us claims to be a master in communication skills because it takes a lifetime to get into that zone where everybody knows everything or has all the talent exhibiting communication style. But at the end of the day, there are many ways, methodology, or practice sessions to get closer to be a master in communication skills to transmit or receive information daily.
Check Out: How to Improve Communication Skills?
Importance of communication skills
The weightage to a communication skill is very high, from one aspect of life to other communication skills that are required everywhere. One needs to thorough with the communication style, which is opted for every coming situation. A survey conducted by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) in 2018, the top requirement in any job interview is communication skill, and that makes it more needful to hold in any person.
There end number of important aspects of communication skills out of which some are –
- While performing an interview session both employer and employee needs to have a good communication skill to create a better picture in each other’s mind
- In a job performance like teaching, marketing, political aspect, counselor or other such profiles need proficiency in communication skill for better performance and increased job options
- While performing an artistic work like exhibitions, acting one needs to be good with the explanation part to convince the people of the other side who are judging their performances.
Check Out: Non-Verbal Communication
A Two-Way Process
The most common misinterpretation is that communication is developed by one person. Still, eventually, communication is a two-way process where both sending and receiving a piece of information in the same format is necessary, which eventually means both speaking and listening is required in communication skill.
To be precise –
- Communication starts with as sender either writing or vocally conveying, to which it means that one has to pass on as statement and then further ask a question to check if the receiver can adapt the same thought.
- The other aspect is the listening which means the listener has to first perceive the statement and then answer back, also ask questions if both of the communicator and the listener are on the same page of the thought.
Enhancing a communication skill can only be done by creating proper relational terms with everybody and thus make it smoother for the other party to understand and interpret in the same way as connected.
Check Out: The Benefits Of Business Communication
Basic communication skills
- Non-verbal communication
- Clarity and Concision
- Picking the right medium
Better Improvement In Communication Skills
There are certain ways to bring better quality into communication skills, which can bring a better personality trait of every individual and help grow into a much-professionalized person as required into the market. The ways are –
- Have a pretty good match to the job profile you hold
- Create a familiar environment and build in relations
- Give as many job interviews to enhance and grow in terms of communication
- Keep trying even after being selected as an employee for further improvement in life situations.
Ans. The 3 types of communication skill are:
Ans. These 5 communications skills will help ahead:
1. Listening is one of the most important aspects of communication.
2. Talk straight forward
3. Improve your non-verbal communications skills
4. Should have control over stress
5. Should know how to control your emotions
Ans. Here are the 7 C’s of communication:
Ans. Effective communication is a method of communicating information verbally which is understandable and absorbs your point also.
Ans. 4 goals of communication are:
1. To inform
2. To request
3. To persuade
4. To build relationships