The full form of CMAT is the Common Management Admission Test. The CMAT is the common entrance test which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
This test is for the admission of MBA/PGDM courses in Business schools. The exam is the online mode of examination. The CMAT exam is 3 hours exam. The question paper consists of 100 questions. The CMAT started conducting in 2012.
There are four sections in the CMAT question paper.
- Quantitative technique
- Logical reasoning
- Language comprehensive
- General awareness
Also Read: CLAT (Common-Law Admission Test)
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the CMAT test.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should be a Graduate in any discipline.
- The students who are in the final year of Graduation can also apply.
Application Process CMAT
There are different steps for filling the application form of CMAT which are as follows –
- Register yourself on the official website.
- Fill the details which are required.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Deposit the application fee via net banking, debit, or credit card.
- Take the print of your application form for future use.
Also Read: CAT Syllabus
CMAT Application Fees
The application fees for CMAT registration is different for a different category.
|OBC, General, EWS||Online||Male, Female||1000|
|ST, SC, OBC, EWS, General||Online||Transgender||700|
CMAT Exam Pattern
The CMAT exam pattern is as follows –
- The question paper of CMAT consist of 4 sections: quantitative techniques and data interpretation, logical reasoning; language comprehensive; general awareness.
- The exam will be a computer-based test.
- The exam will be of 3 hours.
- The question paper consists of 100 questions.
- Each question is carrying four marks, and there will be negative marking also.
- The language of the question paper is English.
Also Read: How to Convert CGPA to Percentage?
The syllabus of CMAT exam is as follows –
- Quantitative techniques and data interpretation – time-speed distance, algebra, linear equations, geometry, graph, etc.
- Logical reasoning – blood relationships test, matrix arrangements, number series, etc.
- Language comprehensive – grammar, Para jumbles, reading comprehension, etc.
- General awareness – current affairs of sports, politics, etc.
Colleges Accepting CMAT Exam
The name of the MBA colleges which are accepting CMAT exam is as follows –
- JBIMS Mumbai
- BIMTEC Greater Noida
- Great lakes institute of Management, Gurgaon
- PUMBA Pune
- GIM Goa
Also Read: ICAR Exam
Documents Required in Exam Center
There are some documents which are required to bring to the examination hall. If any candidate does not carry these documents, then the candidate will not be able to sit in the exam.
- Print out of Admit card.
- A passport size photo is uploaded in the application form.
- One valid ID proof.
- Print out of Aadhar Card.
- Certificate of PwD issued by the competent authority.
Also Read: GATE vs GRE
CMAT Marking Scheme
The CMAT exam is for MBA/PGDM courses admission. There are so many colleges which are accepting CMAT exam.
- The question paper of CMAT is consists of 100 questions.
- Each question carries four marks.
- One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer as negative marking.
- The question paper is of Multiple choice question type.
- No marks will be given for unattempted questions.
A: The CMAT exam held once in a year. The exam centers will be across the country. The candidate has the right to choose the city.
A: The CMAT score is valid for up to 1 year. If you are not able to score good marks, then you have to give the exam again in the next year to get admission.
The candidate can attempt as many times as he/she wants the CMAT exam.
A: There is no age restriction for appearing in the CMAT exam. Any candidate can apply for CMAT exam.