The competition in education is increasing because of the competitive nature of every career profile and also knowledge-based roles where everyone aspires to go ahead and live a good life and become successful, due to which people are interested in various fields of study. For this reason, many people want to pursue MCA course because it gives a professional master’s degree. It is considered a very popular master’s degree course in our country. After completion of MCA, one can expect a better salary in a good company.
In today’s world, with an increase in computer applications and internet usage, computer learning has become a common practice. Now people are also following it to do something new in it. MCA is a course related to computer and information technology.
After doing MCA, you can get job opportunities in various big companies like HCL, TCS, IBM, etc., MCA graduates will have wide opportunities in government as well as the private sector.
MCA course duration
MCA course duration in India is of 3 years if the graduation of the candidate is a B.Sc degree course, whereas if the candidate is a BCA course graduate, then through lateral entry system MCA course duration will be for two years. Following the semestral pattern, these three years of the course are divided into six semesters.
Every semester it offers different subjects in the related field. The MCA curriculum includes classroom teaching, practical work, and project work, which is a mandate in the MCA course curriculum. Some colleges encourage students to spend a full semester working in the industry to learn and understand how IT works.
Also Read: MEC Course
Fee for MCA course
Many colleges/universities in India offer an MCA course. The main reason for designing this course is the need for professionals in the software industry. Regarding the fees for the MCA course, the fees of all colleges vary according to the status as a government or private college.
If one wants to take admission in a government college, then the estimated fees in a government college can be 30,000 to 35,000 a year. And if one is willing to do MCA from a private college, the estimated fees are to be 50,000 to 70,000 per year.
What is MCA course
MCA Course its full name is the Master of Computer Application, which is a professional master’s degree in computer science. It is a 3-year professional master’s degree. This course is for those students who are interested in computers and want a golden career in the field of computers.
MCA course is a Post Graduate( PG) course in which the student is prepared and learns to create computers, mobile applications, besides this one can also create web applications. In this course, one gets to study theory and practical subjects.
After doing MCA, many multi-national companies offer high-pay jobs, along with the technical nature of the job provides a better work status and a good standard of living image emerges in aspirant’s personality as well as society.
Also Read: BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
MCA course subjects
MCA course is a Post Graduate( PG) course in which the student learns to create computers, mobile applications, besides this one can also create web applications. In this course, one gets to study theory and practical subjects.
The list of subjects pursued in the MCA curriculum is mentioned below:
- Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Computer Organization
- Computer and ‘C’ Programming
- Paradigms of Programming
- UNIX & Shell Programming
- General Proficiency
- Organizational Structure and Personnel Management
- Data & File Structure Using’ C’
- Object-Oriented Systems in C++
- Computer-Based Numerical & Statistical Techniques
- Combinatory & Graph Theory
- Computer Architecture & Microprocessor
- Visual Basic
- Modeling and Simulation
- Software Engineering
- Foundation of e-Commerce
- Computer Graphics & Animation
- Web Technology
- Net FrameWork & C
- Design & Analysis of Algorithm
- Operating System
- Database Management System
- Internet & JAVA Programming
- System Programming
- ERP System
- Management Information System
- Industrial Project
- Computer Networks
MCA full form
MCA course is a Post Graduate( PG) course. MCA has commonly used abbreviations while referring to its full form, i.e., Master of Computer Application. MCA course explains in-depth and extensive knowledge about computer applications. Other similar options to study in this field are M.Sc (Computer Science), B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering), BCA+MCA, MCS.
After MCA course
After doing MCA Course, students get employment in many fields. MCA Course is a related course to Computer and in today’s time, Computer has become quite popular. Both the private and government sectors hire qualified MCA course graduates for a job. Therefore, Career can be easily created in this field. After doing MCA one can get various job opportunities.
Areas of employment after MCA
- Stock Exchanges
- Banking Sector
- e-Commerce Companies
- Schools and Colleges
- Government Agencies
- Networking Companies
- Database Management Companies
- Software Development Companies
- Security and Surveillance Companies
- Design Support and Data Communications Companies
Post MCA Job Profiles
- Software Developer
- Software Publisher
- Project Leader
- Computer Scientist
- Junior Programmer
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- Software Engineer or Programmer
- Computer Presentation Specialist
- Commercial & Industrial Designer
- Computer Support Service Specialist
Also Read: MBBS
Salary after MCA
After doing MCA one can get a good salary. After MCA, the salary at a Fresher level can be at least 20,000 to 30,000 and after some experience, if you work in an MNC company, your salary can be from 50,000 to 1,00,000 a month.
Benefits of doing MCA
- After doing MCA, one can also become a Software Developer.
- One can get a very good job in the field of computers.
- One also gets an increased chance of getting a job in IT companies in India and abroad.
- One can get a job as a Software Engineer in many companies.
- One can get a job in the field of Banking Sector, Stock Market, E-commerce, Networking, etc.
Eligibility for MCA course
Student eligibility conditions to take admission in MCA course are given below:
- In order to take admission in MCA, it is mandatory for the student to graduate.
- To take admission in MCA, the student should be a graduate BSC (PCM) / BCA / B.sc (cs) / Bsc (IT).
- Candidates taking admission in MCA should have 50% marks in graduation.
- A student must have passed 10 + 2 or undergraduate with 50% marks in Mathematics.
- To take admission in MCA, entrance tests are conducted in government institutions through AIMCET (All India mca Common Entrance Examination) at a national level entrance test in India
Top Universities for MCA in India
In India there are a total of 1863 colleges offering MCA program, out of which:
- 1479 are private MCA colleges
- 384 are public/govt MCA colleges
Below is the list of some of the top MCA universities/colleges in India:
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Birla Institute Of Technology, Mesra
- National Institute Of Technology, Rourkela
- P. S. G. College Of Technology, Coimbatore
- National Institute Of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute Of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
- Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology, Ahmedabad
- School Of Computer And Information Sciences, University Of Hyderabad
- Department Of Computer Science, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- School Of Computer And Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi
Also Read: One Year Diploma Course
Top Universities for MCA Abroad
Although the MCA is specific only to India, similar course MS in computer sciences is present in abroad universities. One can pursue MCS from any part of the world. The most preferred countries among students are the USA, Australia, and the UK. To pursue the MCS in abroad, 12 years of regular education + 4-year bachelor’s degree is required. The student must possess a good score in TOFEL or IELTS. Work experience is also preferred. The student must excel in extracurricular activities as well.
Universities are popular for MCA Program abroad-
- Troy University, Alabama
- Kutztown University, Pennsylvania
- University of New Haven, Connecticut
- University of North Texas, Texas
- Manchester University, UK
- The University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of Alberta, Canada
- Virginia International University, Virginia
MCA is a Three year Course which is divided into 6 Semesters. However, if a Student holds a Degree in BCA or B.Sc, then the course if of 2 Years
The Eligibility for MCA: Any Student who has a Bachelor’s Degree or is giving his Final exams from any Background (Commerce, Science, Arts), also he should have had Maths in 10th, 12th or College
The average MCA Course Fees are INR 30,000 – 2.4 lakhs INR per year. The MCA course fee may vary based on the government and management seats