Source: Scholarships Form
Ratan Tata Scholarship
Ratan Tata Scholarship is an initiative started by the famous Industrialist Ratan naval Tata to offer financial services to Indian students who are aspiring to pursue higher studies either in the US or UK. This scholarship has been tied up with many other universities across the globe. Also, Cornell University is one of the prominent sponsors.
Ratan Naval Tata is an Indian industrialist, investor, philanthropist, and former chairman of Tata Sons. He was also awarded by the two of the highest civilian awards, i.e., Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan. Ratan Naval Tata is well known for his business ethics and philanthropy.
This scholarship came into being in the year 1919 with a sum capital of Rs. 8 million. This scholarship has helped many budding engineers of India in fulfilling their dreams and achieving their goals.
Ratan Tata Scholarship for engineering students 2019:
Ratan Tata Scholarship has started with the motive of fulfilling the dreams of Indian engineers. Many students took the privilege of this scholarship and had achieved their goals by taking admission in foreign universities. This scholarship not only provides opportunities for engineers to study abroad but also help them financially.
The Ratan Tata Scholarship is applicable for almost all the undergraduate courses. The bachelor’s degree that is covered under this scholarship are:
- Bachelor of Electrical and computer engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Civil engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical engineering
- Bachelor in economics
Also Read: Abdul Kalam Scholarship
Ratan Tata Scholarship for engineering students applying online:
Many other scholarships are covered under the Ratan Tata Scholarship. Few of them are listed below:
- Tata trusts Professional Enhancement Travel Scholarships: Students can apply through online application from the official website of Tata trusts.
- J N Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships: students can apply online through the website of J N Tata Endowment for the higher education
- Tata Scholarship- Cornell University, NY: All undergraduate students can apply for financial aid at Cornell University at the time of filing the admission form of Cornell University.
- Tata Trust Means Grant For School, Maharashtra: Students can go through online application on the official website of tata trust.
- Tata trust means for a grant for college, medical and healthcare scholarship, women scholarship for Neuroscience, scholarship for speech therapy: For all these scholarships, students need to visit the official website of Tata trusts and can fill the online application.
Also Read: 8 Cheapest Countries to Study Abroad- 2020
Ratan Tata Scholarship for engineering students Eligibility Criteria:
Ratan Tata scholarship is an excellent opportunity for those students who need funds to finance their education.
This scholarship not only promotes quality and affordable education to brilliant students but also helps underprivileged students and arent able to afford it.
There are various eligibility criteria for graduates, undergraduate, and postgraduates students.
Few of them are listed below:
- Indian residents who wish to travel abroad for professional enhancement.
- Final year undergraduates and graduates who are having an excellent academic record, but should not exceed the age of 45 years.
- Indian students who are admitted to a 4-year undergraduate program at Cornell.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s students of medical sciences and Healthcarehealthcare streams.
- Female graduates who score at least 50% marks and willing to pursue M. Sc. In neuroscience.
Ratan Tata scholarship for pharmacy students :
The scholarship is given to the most brilliant students who are good at their academic performance at the end of the first year.
Ratan tata scholarship is now available for pharmacy students too. Students willing to pursue higher studies in pharmacy can take help from the scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded based on merit candidates who reside in India. He/she should also be the UG or PG student in any of the following courses.
- Fine arts
Also Read: Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship
Ratan Tata scholarship for medical students:
The Ratan Tata Scholarship or Tata trusts medical, and Healthcareealthcareh scholarships are an excellent opportunity for students of Undergraduate and postgraduates to receive support in tuition fees. They can also take help for pursuing higher education in Medical Sciences and Healthcare Streams.
All the students who are willing to apply should be in their second year of graduation or must be pursuing post-graduation. Also, the need to fulfill the minimum CGPA criteria.
Candidates can apply through online applications from the official website. The students who are selected will be awarded the total fee from 30 percent to 80 percent.
Students who are applying for the same needs to submit the following documents:
- Students need to submit a scanned copy of the bank passbook.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar card
- Letter from their college
- Scanned copy of the fee receipt of the current year.
Also Read: Canara Bank Scholarship
Ratan Tata Scholarship for abroad studies :
Indian students are lucky enough that they are getting such great opportunities for fulfilling their dreams. It is a matter of pride to be called a Ratan Tata scholar. Students work hard to get into the eligibility criteria of the Ratan Tata Scholarship so that they can take advantage of it.
The selected scholars may also get gift scholarships and travel assistance from their trusts.
A gift scholarships can be for a maximum amount of Rs. 7,50,000, and the travel gift can be a maximum of Rs. 50,000. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a renowned University.
- They should also score at least 60% in their last academic examination.
- Students in the final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates may also apply if they don’t have admission/ offers letters at the time of filling the application.
- But the candidate must update their application status once they secure the admission.
What is the Application Process for Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students?
You will need to file a scholarship application for this. The application must be without errors. In addition, it should make a great impression on the reader. Furthermore, it should include well-thought-of references.
In addition, you will also be required to send in your academic record, study plans, financial and funding documents, and a scholarship essay.
This essay should weave out a story from your life and list out what and why it makes you eligible and suitable for the scholarship.
However, the Ratan Tata scholarship application for the year 2017-18 has been closed. Remember to see the application dates and deadline for 2018-19 on the website. Do keep a check.
What kind of scholarships is available to study abroad?
Remember that most of the scholarship-seekers are international students. Not only because of the need but due to capability as well. But then, these scholarships have a lot of competition too. In addition, you need to be absolutely worthy, to be selected for a scholarship. The scholarships can be need-based or merit-based.
There are basically three types of scholarships-
- Government-granted- These are the scholarships given by governments of countries, to students who they deem capable.
- University-granted- given by the government university the student had applied for admission.
- Private Universities or Philanthropists-granted- given by private institutions or individuals who support/ sponsor those private institutions.
The scholarships are given for courses like B.Sc in physics, civil engineering, computer engineering, chemical engineering, BA in economics, etc.
As this scholarship is need-based, the undergraduate applicants need to show the application for financial aid, after filling this form, the students who are applying for International Financial aid need to fill the CSS profile and other details requested by Cornell University.
The SOP for this scholarship should be written differently than the SOP the candidate will submit for the courses abroad universities; the official website has some guidelines of how will the students write a good SOP.
Yes the application forms can be filled online, the candidates need to create a login id and password to create the account, there is a preview option available after filling the form in which you can go back and edit the details.
The tuition fees are the only thing covered in the scholarship, the rest of the expenses is on the candidate’s account.
The scholarship is offered at the minimum 2% rate per annum, if the students repaid the loan on time then the trustees may even waive the interest.
The applications for the loan scholarships open for every December / January onwards.
The candidate should be Indian national, have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 60% marks.
The loan scholarship amount ranges from 1,00,000 to 10,00,000, all applicants may not qualify for the complete amount.
Yes, you can apply for the loan even if your admission is not confirmed.