Playing with words is an art; some say, for some, it is just a simple process of learning. But, actually speaking and learning any language comes from if the base of the vocabulary of that specific language is easy enough to understand. Vocabulary words are a set of basic simple, familiar words used in our day to day lives.
It is the general acquiring tool of communication between two people. If the vocabulary of any language is clear enough, the base of that language will also be well versed with. Thus, understanding the vocabulary words and knowing where to put them accurately is a very important task.
Well, there are many books and online websites where students can learn and improve their vocabulary skills. Vocabulary.com etc. are some of the famous websites which have ways to teach you the vocabulary words and help you in improvising. Books used for IELTS, TOEFL, etc. and Oxford Books are also some of the famous books students can refer to for improving their vocabulary skills.
Also Read: Vocabulary Words With Meaning And Sentence
Tips to Improve Vocabulary Skills
- One should try to use new words every day and try phrasing new sentences.
- Students should try reading more every day, as through reading, they will be able to discover new words.
- Students should always learn the root words, in the English language, there is the use of common root words, but in languages like Greek and Latin, prefix and suffix or root words are much needed to be clear with.
- One should always use a thesaurus for reference, as it helps you to learn new words and also helps you to put those words into proper sentences.
- Start developing practical vocabulary techniques, as in to learn using new words, for example, and You can use the word vacation for a hobby, etc.
- Try learning new words every day.
- Try reading unfamiliar words.
- Maintain a separate journal or diary, keep writing, and practicing new words.
- Start identifying familiar empty words, Example: Um or Uh.
- Diverse or extend or reading capacity, as much as you can.
- Solve puzzles.
- You can try board games as well for practice.
- Practice new words in different ways.
- Try making associations.
- Try using mnemonics.
- Try visualizing new words.
- Start making vocabulary tests for yourself.
- Start making a synonym list for yourself.
- One should take up a writing course for better results.
- Start editing and improvising your own writing style.
- Start moving words from a comprehensive to expressive manner.
- Ask for feedback from others to know how you are performing.
- Carry a Dictionary and a Thesaurus both with you.
- Start using college preparation tests, Example: TOEFL or IELTS preparation practice sample paper sheets.
- Play fun activity games.
One should be clear with the vocabulary used for any language.
Some of the New Vocabulary words are:
1. Climate Emergency
The noun vocabulary (or vocab for short) refers to the words used in a language