UK Visa Requirements
UK (United Kingdom) Visa authorities make decisions on your visa application, which is purely based on the documents provided by the person at the time of UK Visa to the authorities. According to the different Visa types namely Tourist Visa, Work Visa, Study Visa, Business Visa or Visit Visa, you have to collect the documents required for UK Visa. And these documents have to be submitted at the time of the interview. This article will provide insights on the UK Visa Requirement.
UK Student Visa Requirements For Indian Students
Student Visa requires a lot of documents to carry as compared to a tourist Visa. So, aspirants have to make sure that they possess mandatory documents required at the time of the Interview. Indian students who have a passport and are willing to apply for a UK Study visa can find the necessary list of documents on the UK Student Visa Requirements for Indian Students:
- A completed student visa application form
- 2 Photographs and Valid Passport (If a student who is applying to UK Universities and Colleges, doesn’t possess)
- Biometric Information-If a student has applied to foreign universities, it is mandatory for the student to submit the biometric information, which includes fingerprints and a digital photograph, which must be taken at an appropriate application center.
- The approved education provider will provide students with an acceptance letter and a visa letter which are official and unconditional offers of a place on a course of study.
- Academic transcriptions and Reports of English proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, etc. And other exams like GRE, etc.
- The statement of proof of funds has to be submitted by the student during the time of Interview, that the student possesses the money you need to show covers their course fees for 1st year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of 9 months.
UK Visa Document Requirements
If you are applying for a student visa, you must possess relevant documents that are mandatory and are to be submitted at the time of the Visa Interview. Given below are the UK Visa document requirements:
- According to the UK visa type the person is applying for, he/she may have to complete the UK Visa application form online.
- Two Photos and Valid Photographs
- Proof that you have financial means to cover living costs in the UK
- The student will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK.
- The student must submit a travel plan, which provides information regarding how and what students are planning to do in the UK.
- If you are applying to UK Visa, it is mandatory for the student to submit the biometric information.
- If you are from a region where you have to take tuberculosis(TB) test, you have to submit your medical reports.
- UK Visa interview letter.
UK Visa Application Requirements
UK Visa Application Requirements totally depend upon which type of visa the person is applying for, whether it is Study Visa, Tourist Visa, Work Visa, Business Visa or Visit Visa. In all cases, you will need to make your application online or fill in an application form. You will also need the following:
- Your passport or travel document
- A recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm)
- The visa fee is non-refundable, and you must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where you are applying.
- Supporting documents relevant to your application.
- Biometric Information-If a student has applied to foreign universities, it is mandatory for the student to submit the biometric information
UK Student Visa Financial Requirements
The students before packing our bags, need to make sure they have the important paperwork ready. International students who are outside the UK must apply for a student visa first if they are willing to study a full-time degree course in the UK. UK Visas & Immigration believe you to show the following levels of funds available:
The student has to pay the 1st year’s fees or full course fees if his/her course is less than 1 year
All students will need to show £1015/month for the duration of their course or 9 months, whichever is earlier towards the Tier 4 visa maintenance requirement
A student needs to show a minimum of £680/month (up to a maximum of 9 months) for each dependent if the student has a relative or dependent in the UK.
✅ Can I work in UK with a student visa?
Ans. You can work if you have Tier 4 General Student Visa and not with the Short Term Study Visa. You can work 10 hours per week normally and full-time during vacations.
✅ What are the requirements for a UK student visa?
- Check if you match the study visa qualification/eligibility.
- Collect all your documents and keep them ready.
- Go to the UK visa website. Create an account and fill the form as per instructions. Remember, it is required that you download the form, fill it up, make the necessary signatures, and then scan it and upload it back again.
- Once the form has been completed and submitted, make sure you pick a date for the appointment. Select the date and submit the form. You will receive notifications for the same, on phone as well as on email. Appear on the day of the appointment, carrying all the documents. There your fingerprints and photograph will be recorded for the visa process to go further.
- Next, pay the visa application fee of £310 through a demand draft, in cash, or the online mode of payment itself.
✅ How long does a UK student visa take?
Ans. You can apply 3 months before you plan to go to the UK and you will receive the Visa within 3 weeks of the appointment.
✅ Is the interview compulsory for a UK student visa?
Ans. An interview is compulsory during the Visa Process for students who plan to take higher education courses in the UK .
✅ What are the documents required for UK Student Visa?
Ans. The following are the documents required:
- Completely filled Visa Application Form
- Valid Passport
- Recent Photograph
- Letter of Acceptance or CAS, into the College/University
- Educational documents such as mark sheets, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score cars, etc.
- Proof of Funds for the study, covering at least the first nine months. This rounds out to about 1,015 to 1,540 Euros per month.
- Visa application payment slip.