BSc or Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate program that is three years in duration and is awarded for specifications under the domain of science and technology. It is one of the most popular academic degrees among the students who choose the science stream for their senior secondary education.
Science students, after their 12th examination, go for BSc in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Zoology, etc. lmost all the universities, both public and private, provide an option to pursue a BSc in Nursing, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Computer Science, etc.
What is BSc IT?
BSc IT or Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is an undergrad Information Technology course. Data Technology is one of the profoundly testing enterprises that is confronting enormous development and B.Sc. IT employments are one of the most fuelfilling and testing vocation choices.
The degree course is granted in the wake of finishing a three years program in the examination, structure, advancement, execution, backing or the board of data frameworks with the utilization of programming applications and PC equipment to change over, store, ensure, process, communicate, and safely recover data.
Here are some key features mentioned under what is BSc it is mentioned below:
- IT industry across the entire globe is booming like Tesla’s Roadster on Mars and getting into such an industry will be a one-time golden opportunity for an individual.
- Working with some of the major companies like Microsoft and Google are some of the delightful opportunities for an individual pursuing the degree of Bachelor of Science [B.Sc.] (Information Technology)
- Database management and cloud computations are some of the brighter scope and vital areas where an aspirant or a keen individual of the course can kick-start his/her career.
- Grooming with some extensive and unconventional work culture as an Intern in Deloitte and Goldman Sachs are some of the pre-requisite opportunities preceding B.Sc (Information Technology) jobs that individuals have.
- IT professionals apply these computer programs to solve business problems. Essentially, they use the programs created by computer scientists and focus on the practical application of computers in everyday life
BSc IT Subjects
B. Sc. in IT is a three-year undergraduate program having minimum eligibility criteria of an intermediate qualification. The fee for the course charged across in India is in the range of INR 90,000 to 4.3 Lacs.
How the candidate performs in the entrance test as well the succeeding round of counselling determines if the candidate will secure admissions into the top universities around the world.
Jobs after completion of the course include IT Specialists, PHP Developer, Oracle PL/SQL Developer, Graphic Designer, Software Developer, etc.
BSc IT Syllabus 2020
Bachelor of Science or BSc in IT is increasingly becoming one of the most sought after courses among the students who have just passed from intermediate education.
Information Technology or IT as a subject for undergraduate includes the nominal and specific subjects included in the curriculum to inculcate practical learning experience among its aspirants.
The subjects include Web Programming, Mathematical & Statistical Foundation of Computer Science, C++ and Object-oriented Programming, RDBMS Using Oracle, Programming with ASP.NET, etc.
Let us look at the following bullet points on how to prepare to get admissions for doing a BSc IT in the reputed universities in the country:
- Complete 10+2 education level from a board having Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Desirable aggregate score is 50 percent.
- Clearing the entrance test conducted by the individual university, or common entrance test.
- Round of personal interview.
- Entrance tests include IISER Entrance Test, GSAT, NEST, CG PAT, etc.
- Learning a few courses along with the syllabus may help.
- Try doing practical courses carefully.
- Getting an internship prepares the candidate for practical learning.
- Apply for on-campus jobs.
- Work as IT specialists, android developers, SD1, etc.
Bsc IT Syllabus 2020 (Semester-Wise)
B.Sc. in IT as a program talks essentially about storing, securing, managing, and processing of information. Software Development, Testing, Networks, Programming, Information Database is a part of the curriculum of BSc IT. It can be pursued both on a part-time and full-time basis in India.
As a matter of fact, organizations like VSNL, Vodafone, Analog Devices, In-Silica Semiconductors, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. Cisco Systems, Boeing BEL, etc proactively recruit students from the course.
BSc IT Syllabus Semester 1
|Technical Communication Skill||Technical communication is to|
convey scientific, technical, and
information. Jobs include technical writing and communication.
|Problem Solving Methodologies & Programming in C||The course includes learning on |
how to delve with issues using
methodologies in C.
|Computer Fundamentals and |
|Includes skills in data capturing, |
text editing, effective presentation
|Networking and Internet |
|The internet is a host of all |
networks which are supported by
the integration of routers, gateways, bridges, hosts, and other layers
involved in protocols.
|Practical-1 Based on CS-04 & PC |
|Practical-2(Based on CS-02)||Practical learning|
BSc IT Syllabus Semester 2
|Data Structure Using C Language||C programming language includes a number of data structures like the array, queue, stack, tree, and linked list, etc. The programmer selects a data structure according to convenience.|
|Web Programming||Web programming takes care of |
coding, writing and markup
involved with the development of
a web portal.
|Computer Organization and |
|Computer architecture takes care |
of a set of methods and rules,
implementation, and organization of computer systems.
|Mathematical & Statistical Foundation of Computer Science||Integrates mathematical logic with the science behind computers.|
|Practical – I||Practical Learning|
|Practical – II||Practical Learning|
BSc IT Syllabus Semester 3
|SAD, Software Quality Assurance & Testing||Quality assurance goal of testing |
phase ensures that the process is
completed with accuracy and
requires minimal retesting.
|C++ and Object-oriented |
|Involves learning methods to break bigger and complex problems by |
dividing it into a number of smaller problems.
|RDBMS Using Oracle||RDBMS is the basic necessity for all the SQLs, and for modern databases like IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL.|
|Content Management System |
|Joomla is an open-source free content management system which is |
used for publishing web content
which is managed and developed
by the Open Source Matters.
|Practical (Based on CS-13 & CS-14||Practical Learning|
|Practical (Based on CS-15 & CS-16||Practical Learning|
BSc IT Syllabus Semester 4
|Programming with Java||Java is used by using an abstract |
a machine called the Java Virtual
A machine which executes the Java
|Programming with C#||This language is taught to increase the level of learning when it comes to C language.|
|Network Technology & Administration||Lessons relate to learning |
technology of networking and
administering the human resources involved.
|Operating Systems Concepts with Unix/Linux||Linux learning|
|Practical (based on CS-19 & CS-22)||Practical Learning|
|Practical (Based on CS-20)||Practical Learning|
BSc IT Syllabus Semester 5
|CS-25. Programming with C#.NET||Learning a new language and |
utilizing .NET for programming.
|Advanced Java Programming||Unlike the third and fourth |
semester, this program takes Java
to a higher level.
|Software Testing and Project Management||Help understand the basic concepts of quality control which includes |
retesting and managerial lessons involved.
|Practical on CS-25, CS-26 & CS-27||Practical Learning|
|Project Development||Mini Project|
BSc IT Syllabus Semester 6
|Programming with ASP.NET||Learning programming with the new ASP.NET language.|
|Network Management and Information Security||Course highlighting the need for internet security and information|
|Practical Work||Practical Learning|
|Project Development||Major Project|
Also Read: Computer Courses List
BSc IT Full Form
The full form of BSc IT is a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. BSc IT (abbreviated BSIT or B.Sc. IT), is a Bachelor’s qualification granted for a college class or program in the Information innovation field.
The degree is ordinarily required so as to work in the Information innovation industry. A BSc IT degree program commonly takes three to four years relying upon the nation.
BSc IT Course
BSc IT Courseis a 3-year undergrad program. The assessments depend on semester type. One needs to consider science in twelfth to be qualified for BSc. In IT. The Course expenses differ from Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 4.3 lakh. The normal beginning compensation offered in grounds enrollments is Rs. 2 lakh to 4 lakh.
The top enrolling ventures are Education, Space Research Organization, Health Care, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Chemical, and Environment Management and Conservation. The employment positions offered are Programmers, Software Developer, Quality Analyst, IT Specialists, Technology Engineer, Technical Consultant, and Graphic Designer.
BSc IT Courses List
- Problem Solving Methodologies & Programming in C
- Computer Fundamentals and Emerging Technology
- Mathematical & Statistical Foundation of Computer Science
- RDBMS Using Oracle
- Operating Systems Concepts with Unix/Linux
- CS-25. Programming with C#.NET
- Programming with ASP.NET
- Advanced Java Programming
- MS SQL Server 2005 Database Administration
- Network Management and Information Security
Career Options After BSc IT
Career options after BSc IT is one of the most lucrative options. The ones completing the course may either go on to pursue advanced courses in the same field as the MSc and PhD, there are many who go on to secure a job.
The various career options include IT Support Analyst, IT Consultant, Web Designer, Quality Assurance Analysis, etc.
There are various IT and telecom companies and industries around the world, which recruit professionals for the field.
|Network Engineer||6,58,720||JP Morgan|
|IT Support Analyst||3,25,000||Wipro|
|Technical Sales |
|Application Analyst||4,29,343||Tata Consultancy Services|
Top Colleges For BSc IT Course
The BSc IT program is designed· to give fundamental contributions to a wide comprehension of Information Technology and its interfaces. The emphasis is on Information Technology and I.T. The board.
Today savvy, effective organizations use IT to give them an additional edge to remain in front of the opposition. The program takes the understudy past PC aptitudes to media transmission frameworks and systems administration to web-based business, web security, and Enterprise Resource Planning.
List of BSc IT colleges are mentioned below:
- MGSM Janta College, Doaba.
- Marwari College
- Bhagalpur College of Computer Science
- Latur Saraswati College of Commerce
- BBA & IT Dhoraji
- Junagadh Quantum University, Roorkee.
- Photos Aryan College of Technology, Ajmer Harivandana College, Rajkot
- Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education (KARE): School of Computer Sciences (SCS), Krishnankoil
- Desh Bhagat University: School of Computer Science and Applications, Fatehgarh.
- Bhavans Tripura College of Science and Technology, Agartala Government.
- Degree College, West TripuraBharat Institute of Management Technology, Mansa
BSc IT Colleges Mumbai
BSc in IT is structured and presented by the University of Mumbai to overcome this issue and produce employable alumni in Information innovation which will empower the business to develop and he graduates to get effective in the field of Information Technology.
With the developing utilization of Computers and Information Technology in our everyday life, it is fundamental that we have the prepared labor to fabricate, keep up and utilize the Computers just as compose the product required for the compelling and proficient utilization of the PCs and IT.
List of BSc IT colleges in Mumbai are mentioned below:
- Universal MSG – SGKM College of Arts, Science, and Commerce, Mumbai
- Pune Vidyarthi Griha’s College of Science and Technology, Mumbai
- Mumbai College of Arts, Commerce, and Science, Mumbai.
- Usha Pravin Gandhi College of Management, Vile Parle (W)
- Western College of Commerce and Business Management, Mumbai
- Khar Education Society’s Degree College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Malini Kishor Sanghvi College of Commerce and Economics, Vile Parle (W).
- Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College (RJ College), Mumbai.
BSc IT Colleges in Ahmedabad
BSc IT opens the entryway for new hopefuls to be pioneers in the period of Information Technology and become one of the best application makers through cutting edge innovations taught with a profoundly specialized range of abilities executed in the contemporary business enterprises.
It is a concentrated program intended for understudies who reach skyward at an expert profession in Information Technology.
List of BSc IT colleges in Ahmedabad are mentioned below:
- Rai University
- Aimfill International
- Silver Oak University
- Indus University
- Wisdom School of Management
- National Institute of Information Technology
- Government Science College, Ahmedabad
- C.U.Shah Science College
BSc IT colleges in Chennai
BSc IT create gifted Information Technology experts with sound specialized information, empowering them to grow very much planned and strong PC based answers for a scope of issues in business and industry.
The course is intended to outfit the understudies with an incorporated arrangement of aptitudes that will permit understudies to build up their expert vocations in the field of Information Technology.
Here is the list of BSc IT colleges in Chennai:
- IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology.
- Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute.
- SRMIST – SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Loyola College.
- ICAT Design and Media College.
- Sri Ramachandran Institute of Higher Education and Research.
- Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER).
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training.
BSc IT Colleges in Bangalore
The full type of BSc IT is a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. By and large these years the school has essentially included numerous quills in its shrub with satisfaction. The school has increased a conspicuous status and differentiation of offering one of the most encouraging college classes in the nation.
The BSc IT course gives a stage to understudies to their future undertakings in Academics, Research, or in Industry. The understudies are presented to moving the educational program to set them up for the strongly serious universe of software engineering and IT Professionals. Today we feel pleased with the turnout pace of our understudies getting chose in different Multi-National Companies.
The list of BSc IT colleges in Bangalore are mentioned below:
- Indian Academy
- IIFA Multimedia, Bengaluru
- Reva University
- ICAT Design and Media College
- IIFA Lancaster Degree College
- Jain Deemed-to-be-University, Bangalore
- Seamedu School of Pro-Expressionism, Bangalore
- Wisdom School of Management
Other Subjects for BSc IT
BSc IT as a professional degree which equips the individuals who pursue it with skills in Information Technology, and expertise in the various subjects like ASP.NET, RDBMS, Oracle, Object-Oriented Programming, etc.
The various positions offered by companies like Flipkart, Amazon, Zomato, Infosys, Wipro include Web Designer, IT Consultant, Network Engineer, Support Analyst, etc.
The salaries are generally in the range from approx INR 3,00,000 to INR 7,00,000. Let us look at some of the other subjects for BSc IT –
- Content Management System Using Joomla – Joomla is a free open source content management system used for publishing web content developed and managed by Open Source Matters.
- Networking and Internet Environment – Internet is a host of all sorts of networks. The networks are supported by the integration of gateways, routers, hosts, and bridges, along with the other protocols that are involved.
- Computer Fundamentals and Emerging Technology – This subject includes inculcating skills like text editing, data capturing, and presentation tools, etc.
- Programming with Java – Java is a language which is utilized by the Java Virtual Machine executing Java Bytecode.
- Web Programming – Web programming takes into account different writing, coding, and markup involved in the development of a web portal.
BSc IT scope
BSc IT gives a chance to working with a portion of the illusionists and idealistic individuals over the globe for an assignment of Software engineer, programming testing and website specialist are a portion of the occupations a Bachelor of Science[B.Sc.](IT) proficient.
When understudies have completed their graduation, they have numerous alternatives to decide for their higher examinations for example M.Sc. in IT. One of those choices is to take up cutting edge considers. They can likewise decide to go for instructing in colleges or different establishments of training.
Another alternative for them is to go for MCA or MBA. People who are keen on Research can pick any of the different specializations. The profession scope for understudies of IT is on the ascent today. Business openings that offer worthwhile compensations are accessible to attractive up-and-comers.
BSc IT Eligibility
The course covers both the equipment and programming areas which are a piece of the IT segment. The course for the most part centers on subjects, for example, programming, databases, and systems administration.
Programming abilities, testing aptitudes, and framework investigation are the fundamental regions that are secured under the course. The majority of IT organizations employ understudies dependent on the above-mentioned abilities.
In order to be eligible for the B.Sc. IT course, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled:
- The students must complete his/her 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with 50% marks.
- He/She must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects in 10+2.
- You need to appear for a few of the entrance exams conducted by different colleges and universities offering this course.
BSc IT Course Fees
BSc IT program spins around the field of Information Technology, which is basically about putting away, preparing, making sure about, and overseeing data.
Systems, programming advancement and testing, data databases, and programming, and so forth are a portion of the subjects of study shrouded in the course. The course can be sought after on any full-time and part-time premises in India.
The fees structure offered for BSc IT is as follows:
|Tuition fees||Rs.180 per month|
|Library and Reading room fee||Rs.500/-|
|Electricity fees||Rs. 250/-|
|Activity and sports funds||Rs.200/-|
|Founders day fees||Rs.230/-|
|Inter College Activity Fees||Rs.100/-|
|Students aid fees||Rs.50/-|
|Medical and first aid||Rs.60/-|
|Course fees||Rs.15, 000/-|
|Honors fees||Rs.10, 000/-|
The total fee for the course will be Rs.27, 000 per year.
BSc IT From Distance Education
A Bachelor of Science in Information Technology discipline course can likewise be sought after from separation learning. There are top and presumed foundations and colleges offering BSc IT from correspondence. Individuals additionally search for, if BSc IT from IGNOU is accessible or not, however, Indira Gandhi National Open University isn’t offering this course.
There are a few advantages of seeking after BSc IT from separation instruction like:
- This choice offers you the chance to take in the course concentrate from presumed schools and colleges without moving from your old neighborhood.
- Through separation learning, the investigation material is offered through postal support, messages, pen drives, and online classes.
- The course charge is normally not exactly seeking after the course from standard school.
Ans. While BCA focuses on learning languages like C and JAVA, BSc IT trains students with good computer and software applications. Ultimately, it is the call of the aspirant.
Ans. It is a four-year undergraduate program with minimum eligibility criteria of completion of 12th with Science stream. Biology is the most important subject.
Ans. There are a total of 150+ courses with different course duration. Some of them include Nursing, Agriculture, Aeronautical Science, Animation, Anthropology, Biotechnology, etc.
Ans. If your interest is only in science, then BSc is your option. Engineering deals with a lot of different aspects in technology and has a lesser inclination towards hardcore science.
Ans. Yes, a commerce graduate can take up BSc IT after doing his/her commerce, after which they can also pursue MSc IT.
Ans. A number of universities provide programs which maybe 3 to 5 year long. While come colleges conduct their own entrance test, some are given admissions of merit list made of Class 12th.
Ans. Yes, the students can take up an MBA if they are interested in learning managerial skills after doing their science course.
Ans. A few entrance exams include IIT JAM, College entrance tests, and other state-level exams.
Ans. BSc General is to provide knowledge of science subjects that are foundational. The focus is on all the major subjects in Science.
Ans. Some of the best courses include BSc, BA, BBA, B.Tech, LLB, etc.