Bihar scholarship is a scholarship for students of Bihar and the government of Bihar along with some private institutions and educational bodies has come up together to offer many scholarships to the students studying in Bihar. Every year students are selected for a number of scholarships by the state.
Bihar scholarships open up a plethora of opportunities for the students of Bihar that are permanent residents of the state. This scholarship is for students belonging to different classes of society and thus helping underprivileged and meritorious students who wish to study and make a career for themselves. The main motive of this scholarship is to empower the impoverished children who cannot continue with their studies due to various reasons.
Bihar Scholarship 2020
Every year Bihar government opens up Bihar scholarship 2020 and takes in students’ application. A few have deadlines for particular months which are mentioned ahead in the article and some run throughout the year. There is a minimum eligibility criterion for every scholarship.
Bihar Scholarship 2020 Last Date
A Bihar Scholarship 2020 deadlines for a particular month are mentioned ahead in the article and some run throughout the year. Following is the last date for various scholarships for the year 2020
|Post Matric Scholarship For SC Students, Bihar||March-May 2020|
|BC-EBC Post Matric Scholarship Bihar||March-May 2020|
|ST-Post Matric Scholarship, Bihar||March-May 2020|
|Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana For 10+2, Bihar||Runs Throughout The Year|
|Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana For Graduation, Bihar||Runs Throughout The Year|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar||October & April 2020|
Check Out: National Scholarship
Bihar Scholarship Online
Students can apply for Bihar Scholarship online through the National Scholarship Portal (scholarships.gov.in). Students are required to create a new account or login into an existing account on the website. Students are required to provide all the information required such as personal and academic information.
Fill the application form of the required scholarship and then upload the necessary documents. Students of SC/ST/OBS can apply for Bihar Scholarship. Scholarships are available for various classes. Even students studying in class one are also eligible for the scholarship.
Check Out: OBC Scholarship
Scholarship for Bihar Students
All the Bihar students that have a domicile in Bihar are eligible for Bihar Scholarship. It is the primary criteria that are to be met. Being a permanent resident of Bihar is the key eligibility criteria.
Post Matric Scholarship For SC Students, Bihar, BC-EBC Post Matric Scholarship Bihar, ST-Post Matric Scholarship, Bihar; Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana For 10+2, Bihar; Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana For Graduation, Bihar. These are the scholarships available for the students of Bihar.
- Scholarships for students of Bihar only
- Different criteria for different scholarships
- Scholarships provide financial help to the students
- Different scholarships are available for different communities
Check Out: SC-ST Scholarships
Bihar Scholarship List
The list of scholarships available under the Bihar Scholarship are:
- Post Matric Scholarship For SC Students, Bihar
- BC-EBC Post Matric Scholarship Bihar
- ST-Post Matric Scholarship, Bihar
- Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana For 10+2, Bihar
- Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana For Graduation, Bihar
- Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar
Bihar Scholarship Registration Process
The Registration Process of this Scholarship is:
- Firstly visit the official website of the Bihar Scholarship, which is the National Scholarship Portal (scholarships.gov.in).
- Thereafter, the candidates must go to the Scholarship State Wise Scheme. Then, click on the New User/Registration Button.
- Subsequently, enter your details like email id & phone number if required.
- Note the Student Application Id carefully.
- Soon the candidate will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- The candidates must then confirm their OTP.
- A new page will load and will consist of instructions on how to apply online for Scholarship Application Form.
- Read the instructions carefully and then click to proceed.
- Now, the candidate must fill in the required details & submit the Application Form.
- Thereafter, the candidates must upload all the important documents required.
Check Out: Post Matric Scholarship
Bihar Scholarship for ST
There are some selected scholarships under Bihar Scholarship for Scheduled Tribes i.e. ST. ST Bihar Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) is the scholarship especially for Scheduled Tribes i.e. STs. Under this scholarship, students must have passed the previous exams.
The last date to apply for this scholarship is March-May 2020. ST students studying at the post- matriculation level with a family income of less than 2.5 L can apply for this scholarship. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar is also another scholarship that is open for students of all categories.
- ST-Bihar Post Matric Scholarship (PMS)
- For Schedule Tribes
- Last date to apply- March-May 2020
- For post matriculate students
- Students with family income less than 2.5L
Check Out: CG Scholarship
Bihar Scholarship for EBC
BC-EBC Post Matric Scholarship Bihar- this scholarship is for students belonging to Backward and extremely backward caste. Also known as Chief Minister Medhavi Yojana
The last date to apply for this scholarship is March 2020. For backward class students who have passed 10th class with minimum 60% marks and their family income is less than 1.5L per annum.
Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar is also another scholarship that is open for students of all categories.
- BC-EBC Post Matric Scholarship Bihar
- For Backward Classes
- Last date to apply- March 2020
- For post matriculate students
- Students with family income less than 1L
Check Out: Pre Matric Scholarship
Bihar scholarship for Girls
The Bihar government came up with special scholarships, especially for the girl child. Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojna is the name of the scholarship. Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojna is launched specially to educate and empower girls and to reduce gender discrimination between boys and girls.
The scholarship is for the girls who have completed their graduations in Bihar from government colleges. An amount of Rs. 25000 shall be deposited in the prospective girl candidate after the verification process. This will help to reimburse for the fee paid for college.
- ekalyan.bih.nic.in is the website
- Rs. 25000 is payable to the girl
- For Bihar domicile girls only
- Money shall be deposited only in the girl’s account
- Girls should be graduated from Bihar
Check Out: eScholarship
Bihar Scholarship Status
As the application is done over the internet, the candidate can know the status of his/her application over the internet only. Students can know the status of their application by visiting the website – https://scholarships.gov.in
Upon visiting the website students need to enter their permanent id along with their date of birth and open the ‘Check Status’ link.
- Go to the website – https://scholarships.gov.in
- Enter id along with DOB
- Click ‘Check Status’
Check Out: Minority Scholarships
Bihar scholarship Helpline Number
In case of queries and help following are the helpline number for Bihar Scholarship –
- Toll-Free No (Special Query): 0120-6619540
- Education Department No: 0120-2215181
Check Out: UP Scholarship Status 2019-20
Ans. Yes, for new users creating a user id is essential and if one already has user id, they can log in and fill the form thereby.
Ans. Filling the form in one go is not compulsory, students can take their time and fill the form as per their convenience.
Ans. One can go the website of https://scholarships.gov.in and enter his/her credentials and can check the status.
Ans. No, a student cannot enroll in more than one scholarship during a particular year.
Ans. Scholarships are available to a total of 300000 students each year by the government of Bihar.