SC ST Scholarship is taken care of by the Government of India for particularly the Department of Science and Technology and the Department of Atomic Energy, have initiated many scholarships for school-level and as well as college-level study. These scholarships aim both at facilitating education and encourages the students to pursue research in varying disciplines such as science, humanities, engineering, and medical.
- These scholarships are funded by the government of India and disbursed by different states.
- On the other hand, the state-funded scholarships are sponsored and disbursed by the respective state governments only.
- An SC ST Scholarship only offers suitable financial assistance to SC/ST/OBC candidates at both pre-matric and post-matric level of study.
Check Out: UP scholarship status 2020
SC ST Scholarship 2020
The official authority has released the Post Matric Scholarship 2020 date and now the applicants/candidates can fill the online Post Matric Scholarship Application Form before its last date. The Post Matric Scholarship is applicable in various states of India such as
- Post Matric Scholarship 2020 Karnataka
- Post Matric Scholarship Bihar 2020
- CG Post Matric Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship Kerala
- Post-Matric Scholarship Odisha
- Post-Matric Scholarship MP for OBC and SC/ST students/candidates.
- All the candidates/students of class 11 to Ph.D. belonging to minority communities can win multiple awards under Post Matric Scholarship.
- The Govt of India and many State Governments started various scholarships belonging to ST/OBC/EBC community.
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for minorities has been closed on October.
- Post Matric Scholarship for the students with disabilities has been closed on October.
- Financial Assistance for Education of Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM workers has also been closed on October.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Assamese students has also been closed on Feb 2020.
Check Out: Pre Matric Scholarship 2020
SC ST Scholarship Karnataka
Karnataka Scholarship is the financial staircase for students who got drop out of their education, because of their financial disabilities. This scholarship is being provided by both private and government institutions. The main aim of this scholarship is to uplift the educational background of the students who belong to backward castes.
This is the reason why this scholarship is only for SC/ST and OBC students. But some of the institutions have also availed this scholarship for those students who belong to the General caste.
Check Out: OBC Scholarship
SC ST Scholarship Karnataka 2020 Online Application
All the students/candidates who are eligible can fill the Karnataka Scholarship Application Form 2020 before the last date from the official website or check out the link given here: ssp.karnataka.gov.in.
- The students/candidates have to submit all required details correctly in the online registration form.
- If the officials find out any incorrect or irrelevant information in the application form, then your Scholarship will be rejected.
- Once your scholarship gets rejected, then you are not supposed to get any kind of Scholarship amount.
Here is how you can fill in the application form online:
- First, visit the official website mentioned above.
- Then click on Create An Account.
- Then you need to fill all the details correctly.
- Click on the submit button.
- Then click on Student Login link.
- And then enter the username and password and then click on login.
- You will see the scholarship dashboard.
- As per your eligibility, fill the application form using valid and correct details.
Check Out: Minority Scholarships
SC ST Scholarship Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu is considered the most literate state in the country. The state boasts of nearly 100% Gross Enrollment ratio (GER) at primary as well as upper-primary levels of education. Now, apart from all these, to promote the current education scenario of the state, the Govt of Tamil Nadu and its supporting departments also run several scholarship schemes from all levels of life.
- AWD Tamil Nadu Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- TN AWD Pre-Matric Scholarship for 9th and 10th standard students.
- TN Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- TN State Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- TN AWD Higher Education Special Scholarship.
SC ST Scholarship Bihar
The scholarship provided in the state of Bihar provides educational opportunities only for those students who are permanent residents of the state. The government of Bihar and other private institutions together offer a number of scholarships for meritorious and underprivileged students of the state. The objective of each Bihar scholarship is to encourage and motivate the deserving students to pursue further studies regardless of any financial constraint.
Check Out: SC Scholarship
OBC ST SC Scholarship
The OBC scholarships are a distinctive type of SC ST OBC Scholarship. It majorly focuses on providing financial support to those students belonging to OBC (Other Backward Classes). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of merits and means.
There are mainly six types of OBC scholarships awarded to the students namely, National Fellowship for OBC, Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas, ONGC Scholarships, Pre-matric and Post-matric OBC Scholarships and Merit Scholarships for OBC, Delhi.
Check Out: National Scholarship Portal
OBC National Fellowship
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt of India to financially aid OBC students.
- This enables the students to pursue higher education leading to degrees such as M. Phil and PhD.
- The students/candidates needs to visit the official website of UGC to apply for the scholarship.
OBC Pre-Matric Scholarship
- This is to motivate OBC students studying at the pre-matric stage in govt schools or reorganised private schools.
- The candidates/students receive a monthly stipend up to INR 500 per annum under this scholarship.
- The central govt also contributes to this scheme.
Check Out: E-District Scholarship
SC ST Post Matic Scholarship
These scholarships are centrally sponsored schemes implemented through the state governments. This SC scholarship scheme provides financial assistance to Scheduled Caste students at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their studies.
- The SC students/candidates enrolled in post-matriculation or post-secondary courses in recognized institutes can apply for this scholarship.
- The annual family income of the candidate’s parents should not exceed INR 2.5 lakh per annum.
- The application form can be filled online via NSP(National Scholarship Portal) or the respective state portal.
- The candidates need to make sure that they upload scanned documents such as self-attested copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc., and the caste certificate and the income declaration.
Check Out: Vidyasiri Scholarships for OBC Students
SC ST Scholarship Last Date
The last date for SC ST scholarship varies for each state of the country. Say for example the last date in Karnataka is 15th November 2020 whereas in West Bengal the last date is 15th September 2020. Candidates need to find out the last date for their respective states.
SC ST Scholarship Income Limit
The income limit for a family becomes an eligibility criteria for a student to apply for the scholarship scheme. The income limits of the parents of the students belonging to SC, from all sources, for scholarship schemes are as under:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC students studying in class 9 and 10 – 2 Lakhs INR
- Post- Matric Scholarship for SC students/candidates – 2.50 Lakhs INR
- National Overseas Scholarship for SC students – 6 Lakhs INR
- Top Class Scholarship scheme for SC students – 4.50 Lakhs INR
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC students – no limit in income
The income limits of the parents of students belonging to ST from all sources for scholarship schemes are as under:
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students studying in class 9 and 10 – 2 Lakhs INR
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST students – 2.50 Lakhs INR
- National Overseas Scholarship for ST students – 6 Lakhs INR
- Top class scholarship scheme for ST students – 4.50 Lakhs INR
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for ST students – no income limit.
Check Out: MP Scholarship list
SC ST Scholarship For Cleaning Prelims
Students belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe, Dalit and OBC communities will be given a sum of INR 50,000 if they clear Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Preliminary Exams and Rs 1 lakh if they clear Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Preliminary Exams.
SC ST Scholarship For Engineering Students
The engineering students of our society are very crucial to the development of society and the nation as well. In such a scenario, if financial obstacles restrict their education then that is not virtuous. To support these students to continue in their journey, various universities and organizations provide several fruitful scholarships for engineering students.
- Both the central government and the state government offers scholarships to help the students pursue engineering from a reputed institution in India.
- The government of our country hosts a number of scholarship schemes to promote technical and promotional education among students.
Check Out: Post Matric Scholarship
SC ST Scholarship For MBA Students
The Government of India and other organisations introduce various scholarships schemes and grants from time to time to meet the financial needs of the students. Here are some popular scholarship schemes for graduate students:
- Post Matric Scholarships Schemes for Minorities
- HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Inlaks Fine Arts Award
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and technical courses CS
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Sahu Jain trust loan scholarship
- Gaurav Foundation Scholarship.
Ans. SC ST Scholarship is taken care by the Government of India for particularly the Department of Science and Technology and the Department of Atomic Energy, have initiated many scholarships for school-level and as well as college-level study.
Ans. For SC students the scholarship is worth $6,700 for the first year and up to $7,500 for each of the next three years.
Ans. For OBC Students Post–Matric Scholarship is worth 1.00 lakh per annum (including self income if employed). The rate ranges from Rs. 750 per month and Rs. 260 per month for hostellers.