Vidyasiri Scholarship is a type of scholarship plan provided by the Karnataka Government for the OBC Students. The Department of Backward Classes Welfare works in the field of providing a scholarship to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD Students.
The students pursuing an education after their matriculation program are eligible for availing of the benefits of the scholarship scheme. The goal of the scholarship is to not Vidyasiri (KarePass) is a scholarship plan, provided by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Karnataka.
|Offered by||State Government of Karnataka|
|Name of Scholarship||Vidyasiri Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||SC/ST/OBC students|
Vidyasiri Scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships in India, which is offered by the state of Karnataka for students of Karnataka only. The government of Karnataka launched the scholarships for the students who are meritorious and belong to the backward section of the society,i.e. ST, SC, OBC for pursuing 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
Also Read: National Scholarship (NSP)
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020
The important dates related to the Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020 are listed below. Students need to check with these dates, along with the eligibility criteria in order to apply and avail the benefits of this scholarship scheme. For the current academic year of 2020, the applicants can apply for fresh as well as renewal Vidyasiri Scholarship by visiting the official website. For the ePass Karnataka Renewal, the applicants have to apply on or before the deadline of the fresh application.
Documents required to apply for the scholarship includes –
- Family Annual Income Certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD Certificate
- Senior Secondary leaving certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Account Details
- Passport Photographs
Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
Given below in the tabular form, are the important dates with respect to the application:
|Begin date of the Online |
|The month of September|
|Last date of Online Application||The month of November |
|Start of applications for Pratibha |
|1st week of July (Every year)|
|Fresh Application of hostel |
|June (Mid Every year)|
Also Read: AP Pass (Andhra Pradesh ePass Scholarship)
Vidyasiri Scholarship Details
The Karnataka Government, in order to increase the level of education among the socially deprived sections of the society, started the Vidyasiri Scholarship scheme.
The scheme runs to provide well-deserved scholarships to the deprived students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD students. Furthermore, the Karnataka Govt is making sure that the scholarship distribution is even and accessible, making it easier through the ePass system.
ePass helps in uniting all the welfare departments, which includes databases of Secondary Scholarship Leaving Certificate, Treasury, Banks, and colleges in order to resist the free disbursement of scholarship to the students who already receive a stipend.
- The Scholarship is offered by the Karnataka Government.
- The scheme is run for the students of merit belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD communities.
- It is important for the student to be a permanent resident of Karnataka to avail of the benefits of the scheme.
- The ultimate goal of the scheme is to improve the learning outcome of the students wishing to pursue senior secondary and further higher education.
Also Read: Ashirwad Scholarship
Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Form
Vidyasiri Scholarship Karnataka 2019-20 is for the students of Karnataka who are permanent residents of the place. The State Government launched the scholarship scheme in order to increase the learning outcome among the SC, ST, OBC, and PWD candidates.
The candidates who are pursuing 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, UG, and PG courses can avail of the benefits of the scholarship scheme. The students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to utilize the scheme. The official website has details on filling and applying for the scholarship. Once the application form for the scholarship is available, the students can apply.
- The Scholarship 2020 start date may be in the month of September.
- The last date to submit the details for the Epass Application form is extended always, but students should fill the application on or before the date of extension.
- The main criteria for choosing the students for the scholarship involve the merit of the student and the income of the family.
- To get updates on when the scholarship for 2020 will be launched, you need to stay updated on the channel.
Vidyasiri Scholarship Application Process
The application form is available online on the official website. The portal is KarePass – Karnataka Electronic Payment and Application System Scholarship Portal. When you start filling up the form, you must carefully read the instructions for the particular scheme.
Any submission of incorrect details may lead to the cancellation of the candidature. The candidates applying from their institution of calendar need to apply one week prior to the end date of filling the application form.
The steps that need to be followed while filling an Application are:
- Visit KarePass.cgg.gov.in which is the official website of the Vidyasiri Scholarship.
- There are three choices on the homepage – Free Hostel Registration, Pratibha Puraskar Registration, and Fresh & Renewal Registrations for FC, PMS FAAS, and NUR.
- Click on ‘Apply now’ after selecting the proper option.
- Fill in the personal details, including the annual income details, aadhar number, SSLC details, etc.
- Candidate with a disability needs to apply in the PWD Class.
- After this, press the ‘Submit’ button for final submission.
- After this, the system will generate an application number automatically.
- The application number needs to be noted down, in order to check the status of the application form.
Also Read: eScholarship
List of Vidyasiri Scholarships Schemes
Also known by the name Vidyasiri Epass scholarship or Karnataka Epass scholarship, Vidyasari scholarship is applicable to SC/ST/OBC students.
Given below a list of scholarship schemes under Vidyasiri Scholarships in tabular form:
|Full fee waiver Scheme||Around 20,000 students every year are covered under this scheme, to pursue a course for which they have enrolled.|
|Free hostel accommodation schemes||The post-matric students can apply to this scheme. Free course fee + hostel accommodation charges to highly meritorious students of SC/ST/OBC categories.|
|Pratibha Puraskar scheme (class 10th/12th)||The students of class 10th and 12th, who scored 90% marks, are eligible to apply to this scheme.|
Vidyasiri Scholarship Eligibility
In order to apply and avail the scholarship benefits for Vidyasiri Scholarship, the students need to make sure that they fulfill the primary requirements.
The primary requirements depend on academic qualifications, domicile, family income, as well as the category of the student. It is really important to know about the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship.
There are three types of scholarships offered under this scheme:
- Free Hostel Accommodation Scheme
- The above scheme is available for the students belonging to any of the four categories and provides the merit listed students with free Hostel Accommodation.
- Prathibha Purskar Scholarship
- This is a one-time scholarship opportunity for the students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD related to Category-1, Category 2A, 3A, and 3B, and a family income of for Category-1 being up to Rs 2.50 lakhs, for Category 2A, 3A and 3B up to Rs 1 Lakh.
- It also wants the applicant to have a minimum of 90 percent in SSLC or an equivalent exam.
- The Full Course Fees Scholarship has different eligibility criteria.
- It includes a family income of less than Rs. 2 Lakhs for SC/ST Candidates, and less than Rs. 1 Lakh for OBC/PWD Candidates.
- Please note that all the three types of schemes offered are for the permanent residents of Karnataka state only.
Also Read: MPTAAS
Vidyasiri scholarship Documents Required
The Eligibility requirement for the Vidyasiri Scholarship scheme includes a number of things, like the Family Income Certificate, Category Certificate, SSLC certificate, etc. After applying for the scholarship on the official website, the students have to keep checking the status of their application.
The three categories of scholarships are already mentioned in the blog. The categories are Free Hostel Accommodation Scheme, Prathibha Purskar Scholarship, and Full Course Fees Scholarship.
Let’s look at the documents required for Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Tahsildar issuing Family Annual Income Certificate
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificate issued by the Tehsildar.
- Senior Secondary leaving certificate
- Transfer Certificate issued by School
- Account Details
- Passport Photographs
Vidyasiri Scholarship – How to Apply?
Vidyasiri Scholarship is a scholarship scheme of the Karnataka Government which is to improve the learning environment by empowering the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/PWD category. In order to make the process of applying easier, we have come up with a step-by-step procedure that needs to be followed in order to apply for the Karnataka ePass Scholarship.
In order to make the process of applying simpler for the candidates, was this initiative taken. Further scrutiny makes sure that the students already availing benefits from a different scheme can be weeded out, and a number of students are able to avail of the benefits.
Please follow these steps while applying:
- Go to the official website – karepass.cgg.gov.in
- Click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Click on Fresh Application 2020.
- Fill all the details which are asked for. It is necessary to fill the asterisk columns.
- Upload all the necessary documents asked for.
- After this, take out a printout of your completed application form.
- Keep checking the status of the application.
Also Read: Oasis Scholarship – The Complete Guide
Vidyasiri Scholarship – How to Check the Status?
After filling the application form, an application number is generated which is unique for all the applicants. In order to check the status of the form applied for the scholarship, the candidate can check using the application number on the KarePass ePass portal. In the following bullet points, we’ll look at the way to check the application status for Vidyasiri Scholarship.
- In order to review the scholarship application status, first, visit the official website – KarePass.cgg.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Student Services’.
- In the column, you would get on the option of ‘Application Status’. Click on it.
- Next, enter the saved application number, put in the academic year, details of SSLC, and the Date of Birth as mentioned in the certificate and during the initial phase of filling the application form.
- Finally, click the ‘Get Status’ option after which the scholarship application status will be displayed on the screen.
Courses Under Vidyasiri Scholarship
There are a number of students from Karnataka who belong to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category and apply for the scholarship. The scholarship, however, depends on the course the applicant is applying for. Along with this, the eligibility criteria for different types of subcategories within the Vidyasiri Scholarship differ. For example, for the Full Course Fees Scholarship, while the family income of SC/ST applicants needs to be below Rs. 2 Lakhs, that for OBC/PWD should be less than Rs. 1 Lakh.
Here are some courses under which Vidyasiri Scholarship can be availed –
- All post-matriculation level non-degree programs admission qualification for which is Class X, Class XI, and Class XII, both general and vocational stream, along with a 3-year Diploma course in Polytechnic, and ITI Courses
- These courses are related to the diploma which is done before doing graduation.
- M.Phil, P.hD. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Management, Planning, Fashion Technology, Commercial Pilot License, etc.
- All these courses require a specific field of study in order to qualify with the degree or certificate.
- Post Graduate Diploma in branches of Management and Medicine.
- This subject is a post-graduate diploma and students pursuing either an MBA or specialization in Medicine can take up the course.
- M.Phil, Ph.D., LLM
- These are the highest courses that students pursue and scholarship options are available for those who wish to avail it from a category.
- Graduate courses leading to a degree in Pharmacy, Nursing, Hotel Management, Nutrition, Commercial Arts, etc.
Vidyasiri scholarship – What is the last date to Apply?
The Fresh & Renewal Registration Form 2019-20 For FAAS, PMS, FC, and NUR is open for applicants now. The important dates which are related to Vidyasiri Scholarship 2019 are given in bullets. Students who wish to know the late date and eligibility can apply for this scholarship as per the instructions are given on the portal.
The mode of application is online. Scholarships are granted to the students of Class 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, Graduates, and Post-Graduates.
- Hostel Registration Released date – 12th June 2019
- Last Date to Apply for Hostel – 20th August 2019
- Pratibha Puraskar scholarship notification was released on 9th July 2019
- Last Date to Apply for Prathibha Puraskar Scholarship – 30th July 2019
- Fresh & Renewal Registrations for FC, PMS FAAS, and NUR – Click on the hyperlink.
Vidyasiri (KarePass) scholarship is meant for the SC/ST/OBC/PWD scholars who wish to pursue an education in post matriculation programs and is provided by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare, Government of Karnataka.
The required documents include SSLC Marks Certificate, Aadhar Card, Annual Income Proof Certificate, Ration Card, and Income Declaration Form.
The eligible candidates include SC, ST, OBC, and PWD students. Further details on eligibility can be found on the homepage of the Portal.
Following steps need to be undertaken in order to apply for KAREPass Scholarship –
1. Go to the official website – karepass.cgg.gov.in
2. Click on the link “Apply Online”.
3. Click on Fresh Application 2020.
4. Fill all the details which are asked for. It is necessary to fill the asterisk columns.
5. Upload all the necessary documents asked for.
6. After this, take out a printout of your completed application form.
7. Keep checking the status of the application.
Closing dates for receiving various scholarship applications are available in Karnataka ePass Portal.
The amount of the scholarship for 2019 was INR 1500 which is received for 10 months. However, the amount for 2020 may increase or remain the same in a worst-case scenario.
No, the scholarship is only meant for SC/ST/OBC/PWD community. Being a general student, you can apply for merit-cum-means based scholarship.
It starts generally in the month of September and the deadline to submit the application form is in the end week of October.
Karepass stands for the Karnataka ePass which is available on the official website karepass.cgg.gov.in
The courses which can be pursued after completing the 10th is called the Post-Matric Courses.