ePASS Karnataka, also known as KARePASS, is a dedicated electronic payment and application system for scholarships launched by the Karnataka Education board. It is also an online distribution system of Post Matric Scholarships through an ePASS Karnataka application. This system is launched in favor of the welfare of the students of backward classes.
It aims at the educational upliftment of the students of reserved categories of the state. The funds provided to the eligible students are transferred directly to their bank accounts. The application forms for the same are available on the official website of the Karnataka government. The amount of the scholarship depends on the scheme and the scholarship taken up by the student.
ePASS – Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships is an online portal introduced by the Government for Hassle-free Scholarship implementation for the Students. The Governments of States such as Karnataka (ePASS Karnataka), Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Himachal Pradesh have introduced ePASS Portals for the Schemes and Scholarships they offer to the Students.
Check Out: National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
ePASS Karnataka 2020
The Government of Karnataka has introduced the Scholarship for the domicile candidates for pursuing Secondary, Higher Secondary, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate courses. The main objective behind ePASS Karnataka is to uplift the backward classes, educationally.
Karnataka Government has taken a great step to uplift the literacy rate by introducing ePASS Karnataka, as it has already lowered the burden of several meritorious candidates belonging to the backward classes. “Vidyasiri Scholarship” or ePASS Karnataka Scholarship was a successful event in the year 2019, and it served lakhs of students all over the Karnataka.
Generally, the date of the procedure of application commences in September of every year, and the registration procedure goes on for a month or two.
Check Out: Vidyasiri Scholarship 2020
ePASS Karnataka Eligibility Criteria
ePASS Karnataka ensures hassle-free delivery of the right scholarships to the eligible students. The scholarship program was initiated by the Department of Backward Classes Welfare to help students pursue higher education in a state college of their choice. Under these scholarships, the tuition fee will be paid by the government.
The eligibility criteria for these scholarships are:
- The student must belong to a reserved category, i.e., Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
- Students should have at least 75% attendance.
- The family income of the candidate should not be more than INR 2 lakhs per year.
- The student must pursue their post-matric from a college in Karnataka state only.
- The applications must be submitted through the online portal.
- The required documents must be submitted within seven days of the submission of the application.
- The candidate must have an Aadhar card linked to the bank account.
Also Read: Vidyasiri Scholarship
ePASS Karnataka Application Procedure
Digital application is taking over the education sector in no time. In the case of ePASS Karnataka, the main domain of the operation is its website at karepass.cgg.gov.in. It is easier for the aspirants to submit their respective documents online, and nowadays, nobody has the time to spend behind a queue standing for hours just for a procedure of 10 to 15 minutes.
For applying online for availing the benefits of ePASS Karnataka, please follow the steps mentioned below.
- On the official website of Karnataka government or ePASS Karnataka, click on the scholarship notifications.
- Here, a list of various scholarships and schemes are given, and the application guidelines which are to be read carefully.
- Fill an application form with all the necessary details and upload the required documents.
- A printout of the application form should be taken after completion.
- The last date for the application varies and is available on the website.
- An application number will be provided, that can be used later to check the status of the application.
Check Out: AP ePASS Scholarship 2020
ePASS Karnataka Documents Required
Every official process needs verification, and for any Government Procedure, Government Photo ID is a must. Students willing to apply for ePASS Karnataka have to submit several documents, including the Bonafide Certificate.
The Scholarship approves according to the authenticity of the documents. If any fault is found in any one of the documents during the verification process, the Scholarship may get canceled, and the student might get blacklisted to receive any further scholarship as well, as the Government of Karnataka is sponsoring ePASS Karnataka, they take full responsibility during the verification process. Thus, make sure you submit the authentic documents for the initial process of ePASS Karnataka.
Following documents are required for the ePASS Karnataka application form-
- Aadhar Card of a parent or guardian
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Income Certificate
- Bonafide Certificate of the prospective college
- SSLC (Secondary School Leaving) Certificate
- Residential Certificate
Check Out: GOKDOM
ePASS Karnataka 2019
From 2019 to 2020, ePASS Karnataka served a lot of candidates, and it made a huge impact on education in the state. The main mode of registration was online that reduced the hassle for many all over the Karnataka. The main eligibility for a student to apply for ePASS Karnataka is he or she must belong to a minority family (SC/ST/OBC). The scholarship fee of ePASS Karnataka is INR 1500 for every student that can be varied yearly. There are certain eligibility factors a student should fulfill before applying.
- Applicant parent’s income must be less than 2 Lakh per annum for SC and ST candidates.
- In the case of OBC candidates, the income comes down to 1 Lakh per annum.
- Students should have at least 75% of attendance.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
Check Out: Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2020
ePASS Karnataka Renewal
The Government of Karnataka made a huge impact on prioritizing education among the students belonging to the backward classes like SC, ST, and OBC. ePASS Karnataka was one of the main scholarship schemes that helped the rate of education took flight in Karnataka, and a lot of students are dependent on this Scholarship for their daily expenses on education. Thus, ePASS Karnataka Renewal is one of the main sections for existing candidates. The renewal process goes on parallelly alongside the fresh process and ends at the same time (31st October), and for ePASS Karnataka Renewal, the applicants need to follow a certain procedure.
- Applicants need to visit the official website at https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/
- Click on “Fresh and Renewal Registrations for PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR.”
- Fill up the application form with authentic information.
- Upload documents.
- Take a printout of the form and submit it to your respective institution within seven days.
Check Out: eScholarship
ePASS Karnataka Status
Being inquisitive among 20,000 meritorious candidates is a positive attitude, and once applied, the candidate can check his or her application status to keep a track. ePASS Karnataka Status can be checked online by visiting their official website. But, before applying, students need to ensure that the Aadhar number they are providing is linked with the bank account for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), this helps in immediately receiving the Scholarship without any hassle. The mandatory steps to check the ePASS Karnataka Status are given below.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the” Karnataka ePASS Application Status” link.
- Enter the application number.
- Select your Academic year.
- Choose the SSLC type and enter the passing year.
- Enter SSLC registration number and Date of Birth details.
- Now, click on get status details, and your application status will be displayed.
Check Out: Oasis Scholarship – The Complete Guide
ePASS Karnataka Key Features
To simplify the process of incoming applications for the scholarships, the portal was created, and the portal mainly focuses on post-matric scholarships. ePASS Karnataka Key Features include the checking of application status, knowing your application number, hostel application status, and Pratibha acknowledgment.
- Checking Application Status: This feature allows the candidate to track the real-time status for their application by providing details like application number, SSLC type, date of birth, etc.
- Knowing Your Application Number: Candidates unknown about their application number can use this feature to find out their application number by providing details like SSLC type, passing year, and date of birth.
- Hostel Application Status: A candidate can enquire about his or her hostel ePASS application status by providing details like date of birth and application number.
- Pratibha Acknowledgment: You can download the Pratibha Puraskar Scholarship acknowledgment from the ePASS portal by providing details like application number.
Check Out: Vidyasiri Scholarships for OBC Students
ePASS Karnataka Application Number
Once you register for the ePASS Scholarship sponsored by the Government of Karnataka, you would receive an Application Number. The ePASS Karnataka Application Number is a post-register numeric used for tracking the online real-time application status. A candidate registered for the ePASS Scholarship should know the number as it is an important requirement during the post-register procedure once the candidate submits the printout of the form to the respective institution. If you are unknown about your ePASS Karnataka Application Number, follow the given steps below,
- Visit the ePASS Karnataka portal at https://karepass.cgg.gov.in/
- Select Fresh/ Renewal according to the requirements.
- Select Academic Year
- Enter SSLC Examination Number
- Enter Passing Year
- Select SSLC type
- Enter your date of birth
- Click on “Get Scholarship details.”
Check Out: SC Scholarship
ePASS Karnataka Application Status
ePASS Karnataka has a key feature of checking the real-time ePASS Karnataka application status after submitting the details. Among a million applications, checking on your application is important as one simple and small mistake can be the reason behind the cancellation of your application. For checking the ePASS Karnataka Application status, there are several steps to do that, but, at first, one needs to visit the portal of ePASS Karnataka. The steps necessary to track the real-time status are listed below,
- Enter your Application number.
- Select SSLC type
- Enter SSLC Registration Number
- Select Academic Year
- Enter the year of passing
- Enter your date of birth
- Enter the captcha and click on “Get Status.”
Check Out: Pre Matric Scholarship
ePASS Karnataka Application Status Online
After applying, a candidate can track the status of their application on the official website.
Follow these steps to check the status of your application:
- On the official website, click on the “Karnataka ePASS Application Status” or “Know Your Status” link from the student service list.
- Enter the application number.
- Select the academic year.
- Choose the SSLC pass type and enter the year.
- Enter the SSLC registration number and date of birth.
- The status of your application will be displayed.
Check Out: E District Scholarship SC/ST/OBC
ePASS Karnataka Hostel Application
The Government of Karnataka introduced ePASS to support economically constrained students belonging to lower castes. Along with the expenses for books, tuition fees, and daily educational expenses, ePASS has a scheme of applying for hostels and is termed as “ePASS Karnataka Hostel Application.” Candidates can check the real-time status of the ePASS Karnataka hostel application using the same portal, and the only two things required for enquiring about the real-time status are,
- Application Number
- Date of birth
Check Out: Post Matric Scholarship
ePASS Karnataka Mandate Form
Karnataka Government processes the scholarship procedure with the partnered banks using a primary method, and that method initiates the process of granting scholarships to the respective candidates. Filling out the ePASS Karnataka Mandate Form is one of the most important procedures, and should be done carefully. Mandate Form consists of the bank details along with the personal details of the beneficiary. One small mistake in the form can result in the cancellation of the Scholarship.
The details you need to fill up in the ePASS Karnataka Mandate Form are,
- Name of the Recipient.
- Aadhar Number
- Residential Address
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Bank Name
- Branch Name
- Select the type of Bank
- Account Number
- Nine digit MICR code of the branch
- IFSC Code of the Bank
Check Out: AP ePASS
ePASS Karnataka Contact Information
If you have any doubts regarding anything related to the ePASS Karnataka scholarship or the application process, you can enquire in the given ePASS Karnataka Contact Information. The portal is very interactive, and the information is reliable. ePASS Karnataka is one of the leading scholarship portals of Karnataka, and candidates can rely on the ePASS Karnataka Contact Information.
Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
No. 16/D, 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan,
Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar,
Bangalore – 560052
Email: [email protected]
Ans. 1. The student must belong to a reserved category, i.e., Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
2. Students should have at least 75% attendance.
3. The family income of the candidate should not be more than INR 2 lakhs per year.
Ans. 1: Select (Fresh / Renewal)
2: Select Academic Year
3: Enter SSLC Examination Number
4: Enter Year of Pass (YYYY)
5: Select SSLC Pass Type
6: Enter Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
7: Click on “Get Scholarship Details” Button
Ans. ePASS – Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships is an online portal introduced for hassle-free implementation and disbursement of scholarships to students