Bachelor of Sciences or BSc Biotechnology is one of the most popular undergraduate courses in the field of Biotechnology Sciences. The course generally spans over the period of three academic years and deals with the branch of applied biology in the area of Biotechnology where there is the involvement of the usage of living organisms and bioprocesses.
The minimum eligibility requirement for the course of BSc in biotechnology is that the candidate must be a pass out of 10+2 grade from the stream of science with a recognized board of education. Furthermore, the eligibility criteria for the course may depend on the universities.
Check Out: BSc Agriculture
BSc Biotechnology Entrance Test
Various entrance tests are conducted throughout the country, amongst which few are mentioned below:
- AIIMS Biotechnology Entrance Exams
- All India Biotechnology Entrance Exam
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology Entrance Exam
- Combined Biotechnology Entrance Exam
- The University of Delhi, Biotechnology Entrance Exam
Check Out: BSc Nursing
BSc In Biotechnology Colleges
Various colleges across India offer the course in the field of BSc in technology are mentioned below:
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Presidency College, Chennai
- Mount Caramel College, Bangalore
- Gargi College, New Delhi
- Miranda College, New Delhi
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Elphinstone College, Mumbai
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Check Out: MBBS
BSc in Technology Subjects Offered
There are a variety of courses which are offered in the field of BSc in biotechnology, which is course wise mentioned below:
- Macromolecular Structure and Analysis
- Biophysics & Instrumentation
- Biomathematics – I
- Cell Structure & Dynamics
- Biomathematics – II
- Principles of Transmission Genetics
- Organic Mechanisms in Biology
- Introduction to C-Programming & Digital Logic
- Principles of Microbiology
- Introduction to Data Structure & Computer Organization
- Microbial Genetics
- Plant and Animal Tissue Culture Techniques and applications
- Plant Biotechnology
- Principles of Immunology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Molecular Genetics
- Biodiversity & Taxonomy
- Introduction to DBMS, Computer Network & Numerical Analysis
- Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- DNA Typing, Proteomics & Beyond
- Biotechnology- Social, Legal and Ethical issues
- Elements of Management Introduction and Entrepreneurship
- Model Organisms in Human Genome Project
- Medical Biotechnology
BSc Technology Fees Structure
The fees structure for the course of BSc in Biotechnology may vary from institution to institution, however the average ranges between 1-3 lakhs INR.
Check Out: Bachelor of Science
BSc In Biotechnology Career Prospects
The career prospects for the field of biotechnology are bright and there are various opportunities for jobs and masters education available. In terms of a job, the students could apply as a lab technician or a research scientist who looks after the designing, research, and development of the technology in various institutions like Colleges and Universities, government hospitals, IT companies, Bio-Industry, and Content writing in the field of medicine.
Along the lines of educations, students could further pursue MSc in the field of biotechnology, post which career opportunities include research associate, sales manager, marketing manager among others.
Ans. BSc Biotechnology is one of the most popular undergraduate courses in the field of Biotechnology Sciences. The course generally spans over the period of three academic years and deals with the branch of applied biology in the area of Biotechnology where there is the involvement of the usage of living organisms and bioprocesses.
Ans. Biotechnology is basically a combination of 2 subjects –
Biology and Technology. This course has a great scope as it teaches you subjects related to biology as well as the basic technology.
Ans. Here is the list of best BSC course:
1. BSc Agriculture.
2. BSc Horticulture.
3. BVSc (Veterinary Science)
4. BSc Forestry.
5. BSc Biotechnology.
6. BFSc (Fisheries Science)
7. BSc Nursing
8. BSc Nautical Science
Ans. Yes, you can pursue MBBS if you are from a biology background.
The practice of lateral entry into MBBS directly without an exam after your BSc has been abolished in India a long time ago.
Ans. You cannot become a doctor after completing BSc degree, you need to complete the Undergraduate MBBS degree successfully.
You can do your MBBS course after the BSc in Biology.