CBSE controls the syllabus of CTET. There are a total of 2 exams in CTET with different patterns, syllabus, and level. Paper-I is for those individuals who want to teach from grade I to grade V. Paper-II is for those candidates who want to teach students of classes VI to VIII. Anyone is aiming to become a teacher for classes I to VIII need to pass both examinations. The board will give up-and-comers scoring 60% Eligibility Certificate.
Also Read: CTET Admit Card
Syllabus for Paper 1
There will be a total of 150 questions divided into five sections of 30 marks/questions each, namely; Child development and pedagogy, language 1, language 2, mathematics and environmental studies.
- The Child Development and Pedagogy will concentrate on brain research of educating and learning pertinent to the age gathering of 6-11 years. They will concentrate on understanding the qualities and requirements of various students, communication with students, and the traits of a decent teacher. The topics included are Development of a primary school child, the concept of inclusive education, understanding children with special needs, learning, and pedagogy.
- Language I area will concentrate on the proficiencies identified with the mechanism of teaching. The topics will be language comprehension and pedagogy of language development.
- Language II will concentrate on the components of language, comprehensive ability, and communication. Candidates may pick any one language as Language I and different as Language II from the accessible language alternatives.
- Arithmetic and Environmental Studies will concentrate on the ideas, critical thinking capacities, and academic comprehension of the subjects. The test will be based on the syllabus of classes I – V as per the prescription of NCERT. The topics will be: numbers, solving simple equations, algebra, geometry patterns, time, measurement, data handling, solids, data handling, etc., pedagogy issues and for EVs: environment, food, shelter, water, family, and friends, etc.
Also Read: CTET Online Form
Syllabus for Paper 2
Paper 2 of CTET 2020 is led by people ready to become instructors for Elementary classes. It will comprise of 4 sections that are necessary to attempt, and the fourth one will further have options for the subjects that the candidates wish to teach.
- Child Development and Pedagogy segment will concentrate on brain research of educating and learning of age of 11-14 years. They will concentrate on understanding the attributes, needs, and brain research of different students, association with students, features of a decent teacher. The topics will be the Development of an elementary school kid, inclusive education, and children with special needs, learning, and pedagogy.
- The language I segment will concentrate on the proficiencies identified with the mode of guidance. The topics will be language comprehension and pedagogy of language development.
- Language II segment will concentrate on the components of language, correspondence, and understanding capacities. Language II will be a language other than Language I. An applicant may pick any one language as Language I and different as Language II from the accessible language alternatives.
- Science and maths OR Social Studies/Social Science area will concentrate on the ideas, critical thinking capacities, and academic comprehension of the subjects. The test things of Mathematics and Science will be of 30 denotes each while Social Science exclusively will convey 60 imprints weightage. The syllabus will be the same as the syllabus of classes VI-VIII by the NCERT. Important topics for science are Science Food, Materials, The world of the living, Moving things, people and ideas, How things work, Natural phenomena, and resources. Important topics for mathematics are Mathematics Number system, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Data Handling Pedagogical issues. Important topics for social science and social studies are History, Geography, Social and Political Life