Study in Italy – Cost, Scholarships, Top Colleges, Work Permit, Requirement

Source: euro dreams

The country of Italy is a very famous country for outsider students. It imparts very good higher education along with fewer tuition fees as compared to other Western countries. There are close to  32,000 outsider students in Italy, which includes independent students and those on exchange programs. So it is one of the primary choices for students who want to get an international education.

The Italian government has tried to make education compulsory for everyone who lies between 6 – 16 age groups. It is of no cost for people residing in Italy and people of all other countries who have settled in the country. The schools of Government are also very well-equipped and offer a study of good quality which matches international standards.

Universities of Italy the courses which are taught either in English or in Italian. This is the reason why, for being accepted at one of these programs, we will need to provide proof of either English or Italian proficiency.
There are close to 32000 students in Italy.

The language tests which are accepted by Italian universities for English are:

• Primary choice for international students.
  • Education is compulsory for children in the age group of 6-16.
  • Government schools impart quality education.
  • Need to clear the IELTS exam.
  • Approximately 32000 international students in Italy.

Scholarship to study in Italy

In Italy, most of the outsider students are entitled to the same financial assistance scholarship as Italian students based on the same conditions of financial means and merit. There are few scholarships given by the government at the national and regional level to which outsider students can apply too. Also, there are few Italian Universities offer Italian scholarship programs for outsider students.

The Italian Government gives scholarships for studying in Italy both to outsider citizens and Italian citizens who are living abroad. The scholarships are offered for the following type of courses: Master’s Degree, Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance, Ph.D. program, Research under academic guidance .

Details about Scholarship to study in Italy:

1. The “Invest your Talent in Italy” program, supported by the Government of  Italy for the students of other countries. The best students will get this scholarships which will be sponsored by partners.
  2. EDISU scholarship is given to those students who meet the conditions of merit as well as economic requirements.
  3. Bologna University grants scholarships to bachelor and master students which amounts to €11,059 and tuition fees waivers.
  4. The University of Pavia gives scholarships to outsiders student to make its relationship with developing countries. The scholarship offered is close to €8000.
  5. Bocconi University offers merit-based scholarships to bachelor students which is close to €12,000. However, the master students get €13,000.

Study in Italy for Free

We may either find scholarships that are only given in Italy or we can cross-check with the university if they are giving any scholarships which we might be eligible for. In our country itself , we may check for a study abroad scholarship which will help in reducing the study costs. For doing that we need to apply for as many scholarships as possible.

Universities of Italy have extremely low tuition fees for all students including international students. The average tuition fees for Bachelors and Masters programs is very low and the students can earn money very easily. These tuition fees can be afforded easily by the students.

Study in Italy Visa

Basically, outsider students from a country in the European Union or European Economic Area can enter and study in Italy without any visa. They only have to present a valid passport or a national identity card upon arrival in the country. The validity period for a short term visa is 3 months.

• Processing time for a short term visa is 15 days.
  • Processing time for a long-stay visa is 30 days.
  • About 29% of Italian people speak English.
  • Apply for Visa in legal form with all documents.
  • Keep a sufficient time frame for Visa before going.

Why study in Italy?

Italy is a famous international study place not only because of its great multicultural environment but also the country has many top public and private colleges. Almost every big city is also perfectly connected to this place. We may easily travel by train, all the big cities of Italy are interconnected with railway stations. The tuition fees of most of the colleges is very low and students get scholarships.

• A place is full of wonders which has many world heritage sites.
  • Top universities with an international environment.
  • Affordable place for outsider students.
  • Surrounded by arts, architecture and fashion.
  • So many options for studying to choose from.

Study in Italy cost

The tuition fees of Italy are very much lower than those of other countries in Europe. Higher education colleges in Italy demand their own tuition fees, but for the case of university education, there is a legalized minimum cost for admission and a maximum cost for student contributions, which must not exceed 20% of state funding.

Cost: € (900-4000 )

Study in Italy for Indian Students

Italy is best for studying for students of India as it provides highest-ranking universities with fewer tuition fees. Italy is a place at which some of the oldest universities exist. It is the place to study the best art, architecture, and fashion knowledge. So if a person is interested in these types of courses then we may consider Italy as the best choice for study destination.

• Affordable tuition fees.
  • Oldest universities in the world are present in Italy.
  • Best place to study art, architecture and fashion.
  • Scholarships and tuition fee waivers for students.
  • So many options to choose from.

Cost of study in Italy for Indian students

Universities of Italy have very low tuition fees for all students including Indian students. The average tuition fees for Bachelors and Masters programs is 1500 Euro per academic year, which is close to Rs 1,25,000 of Indian currency. So it is quite affordable for an Indian student as this amount is not very high.

Cost: ₹1,25,000/ year

Study in Italy without IELTS

This place is home to the world’s oldest University. Bologna University is one of the best universities in Italy, Milan is one of the best locations for students to study abroad, thus it is called Italy’s best student city. 

The Polytechnic University of Milan is the university that has been ranked  1st University of Italy. In addition to that, it has courses that are taught in English.

1. World’s oldest university is present in Italy.
  2. Milan is the best place for students.
  3. The polytechnic university of Milan is 1st ranked in Italy.
  4. Polytechnic University of Milan doesn’t require the IELTS exam.
  5. It has courses that are taught in English.

Requirements to study in Italy

We should have successfully completed upper secondary level studies, have a valid school leaving certificate, and should qualify for higher education studies in our home country.

Most of the courses are Italian so we need to be well versed with this language. And if we are going for masters then we should give IELTS or TOEFL exams for becoming eligible.

Requirements:

1. Identity document like a passport.
  2. Transcript of previous studies.
  3. University application form.
  4. Letter of recommendation.
  5. Personal Statement.
  6. Proof of language proficiency (English or Italian)

Study in Italy visa requirements

Students from the European Union may enter Italy with a valid passport or European Union ID card and would remain in Italy without a visa for the entire duration of their studies. However, students who did not belong to the European union have to apply for visa.

Requirements:

• A valid passport.
  • A letter of acceptance from institute.
  • A completed visa application form.
  • Proof of no criminal record

Study in Italy masters

Studying a master’s degree in Italy means studying in one of the most prestigious traditions of higher education in the entire world. Universities in Italy have been there for a few centuries.

The oldest university in the world is the University of Bologna which is present in Italy. For doing masters we need to give proficiency tests which will either be in English or Italian.

• Prestigious colleges of the world.
  • Oldest university of the world, Bologna university.
  • Best field for art, architecture and fashion studies.
  • Affordable tuition fees for students.
  • Masters in these universities will be prestigious.

Work Permit After Study in Italy

Students from the European Union do not need any specific work permit to work in Italy, however, they don’t have permission for more than 20 hours a week during the academic session.

The students who do not belong to the European Union will require an international student work permit for working while studying, and the allowed working hours will be the same for them.

• European union students don’t need a work permit.
  • Non-European union students need work permits.
  • European union students can’t work more than 20hours/ week.
  • Type C visa is for a shorter duration.
  • Type D visa is better for a work permits.

Top colleges to study in Italy

Italy is a very famous country for outsider students. It imparts very good higher education along with less tuition fees as compared to other Western countries.

There are close to  32,000 outsider students in Italy, which includes independent students and those on exchange programs. So it is one of the primary choices for students who want to get an international education.

List Top colleges to study in Italy:

1. Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna
  2. Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
  3. University of Bologna
  4. University of Padua
  5. Vita-Salute San Raffaele University
  6. Sapienza University of Rome
  7. Politecnico Di Milano
  8. The University of Milan
  9. University of Trento
  10. University of Florence
  11. University of Naples Federico II
  12. University of Perugia
  13. University of Pisa
  14. University of Salerno
  15. Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

/ Uncategorized

Search Posts

About the Author

Rachit believes in the power of education and has studied from the top institutes of IIIT Allahabad, IIM Calcutta, and Francois Rabelias in France. He has worked as Software Developer with Microsoft and Adobe. Post his MBA, he worked with the world’s # 1 consulting firm, The Boston Consulting Group across multiple geographies US, South-East Asia and Europe.

Share the Post

Comments

No comment yet.