Biodata is a ‘biographical info‘ acronym. A biodata format is a text which is 1-2 pages long and collects individual information that can be used for different employment, research, and educational institutions.
It is also known as biographical data and includes individual information such as name, age, date of birth, caste, educational qualifications, skills, hobbies of interest, experience, contact number, etc. It serves as a criterion to evaluate or assess the individual.
Biodata can be used as:
- A validity assessment based on criteria used by employers for personnel selection
- An antiquated term, meaning resumption
- A resume supplement or C.V.
- A replacement resume in some regions of South Asia
- Application for Government employment in India
- To apply for temporary and/or qualified employment in certain countries
Table of Contents
Biodata is a database that focuses on your details such as date of birth, gender, ethnicity, nationality, place of residence, marital status, name of parents, contact information, current position, salary, etc. It can also contain brief opening remarks, education, and sequential order experience.
Biodata Resume Format
Biodata is an abbreviation for biographical data about the object. It is typically 1-3 pages long as a document format and is used to apply for employment. The biodata format contains relevant factual information concerning a person, such as:
The following sections are suggested to be included in the Biodata Resume Format:
- Objective: Overall, life and career objective and why you are most suitable for the position.
- Personal Details: General information such as name, date of birth, parents’ name, postal address, gender, religion, etc. Listing out all things such as hobbies, passions, characteristics, interests, strengths, and anything else can help understand more about you and how well you can contribute to the accomplishments of the goals of the company.
- Educational Background: Academic profile and achievements that are relevant for the job position being applied for having to be listed out in the biodata.
- Experience: Occupational history, along with obtained skills, received awards, and other professional achievements, can be mentioned.
For an employer, the biodata format serves as a personal and professional profile summary which acts as a window into the life of the individual. From the biodata provided, the employer would be able to obtain answers for their questions such as: –
- Is this candidate a good fit for the position?
- Does this candidate have the personal and psychological characteristics to work well with other team members?
- Does this candidate have the personal qualities to be successful?
- Do they have the potential to grow and enhance their skillset?
Some companies have very specific guidelines for how the biodata format is to be structured.
Types of Biodata
There are 5 types of Biodata:
- Marriage Biodata
- Biodata for Job
- Personal Biodata
- Educational Biodata
- Medical Biodata
Check Out: Appointment Letter Format
In countries where arranged marriages are still common such as India and Pakistan, marriage biodata knew as marriage resumes or matrimonial biodata, are fairly common.
Extensive information about the individual is included in the marriage biodata and is used to help the recipient decide whether or not the individual would be an appropriate marriage partner.
Marriage Biodata Format
The marriage biodata formatshould highlight certain personal traits that a potential marriage partner would find attractive and may include the following sections in a typical marriage biodata.
- General Information: Name, Date of birth, parents’ names, family details, educational background, caste, and profession.
- Appearance: Height, build, weight, hair and eye color, complexion, and facial appearance.
- Contact Information: Postal address, landline, email address and mobile phone numbers, social media information.
- Lifestyle: Hobbies, interests, values, beliefs, opinions, favorite foods and drinks, likes/dislikes, smoker/non-smoker, religious/non-religious, etc.
- Ambition/Life Goals: Your desires and the things you want to achieve in life.
- Partner Expectation: Qualities you hope to find in a partner, such as age, family type, educational background, looks, facial appearance, and many others.
Check Out: Letter Format
Marriage Biodata Format for Girl
The details which are included in the biodata for the marriage for a girl is as follows:
- Personal details
- Professional details
- Fathers information
- Family status & details
- Groom choice
Marriage Biodata Format for Boy
The biodata format for the marriage for the boy includes various parameters which are as follows:
- Personal details
- Professional details
- Fathers information
- Family status & details
- Bride choice
Biodata For Job
A career or job biodata is a collection of knowledge about individual professional qualifications and abilities. It typically highlights a person’s professional experience with respect to a particular job position.
Some organizations require candidates applying for a job to provide job biodata where they highlight their skills when selecting their workforce, it is used as a validity assessment tool for employers. A job biodata includes some personal details plus other information.
Biodata Format for Job
The parameters which are included in the candidate job application are:
- Objective: An objective consists of 2-3 sentences that define how the candidate fits the position. This type of opening statement is helpful for newcomers and those with limited experience. Their aim presents their strong qualities, incorporates know-how, and describes how they can serve any company. Some points which the candidate should keep in their mind are-
- Concentrate on track record.
- Specify training and experience (if any);
- Show performance(s);
- Using figures to measure possibilities.
- Personal Information: Ensure all of the important information is secured. Double-check the job advertisement to see if some specific requirements to meet. The information which should be included in this are-
- current position,
- e-mail address,
- phone number,
- contact details,
- postal address,
- place of residence,
- date of birth,
- marital status,
- parents’ names,
- Educational Qualification: The whole education with the obtained points, such as college, graduation, and post-graduation should have to be mentioned. Along with this write down the coursework and academic accomplishments that are important to the job offered.
- Showcase Experience: The roles and responsibilities which the candidate has performed in their previous jobs have to be mentioned.
Biodata for Job Sample
Biodata Format For Teacher
It cannot be overemphasized the value of teachers and education. From pre-K through college, teachers direct students through small and large lessons, both at public and private institutions throughout the world.
With such a wide range of subject matter and specialties in the teaching field, it can be confusing to pick relevant information when writing a teacher’s resume. Some parameters which should be kept in mind while writing the biodata format for teachers are as follows:
Biodata Format For Students
Biodata of student education refers to knowledge about a student. This represents the level of education of the student. If seeking entry to learning institutions, one may be required to provide this information, which may also be needed for documentation purposes.
This includes name, age, highest educational degree, grades, and certificates. Department and professorship.
Biodata Format Freshers
If a candidate is graduating recently or about to graduate or applying for a job as a fresher, they’ll need to follow a particular resume format to create a professional resume that will attract the eye of a recruiter. This type is for an individual who has graduated from high school or college recently, or who has very limited work experience. One has to emphasize his / her skills and abilities.
When writing a fresher resume with no job experience, two parts are vital to highlighting future employers for your worth. These essential parts are the overview of (1) your profile and (2) your education.
Important headings to be covered in fresher resume include:
Internship detail, Courses studied, technical skills, key projects completed, and a few personal data.
It generally includes the following sections:
- Header: Candidate name, contact information, including mobile number, address, email ID, LinkedIn ID, etc.
- Profile Summary: Actually, it is the resume pitch. Always write and summarize professional brief and crisp by elaborating the best qualities for the job for which candidates are applying for.
- Bonus Tip: Use this section to suit the work position and responsibilities listed in the job description for the career objectives.
- Educational Qualifications: When the candidate has no work experience, their academic qualifications play a vital role in getting them shortlisted for a job interview. Start with the highest level of education when they arrive at to list of qualifications. For example, list the bachelor’s degree detail then 12th’s details, and then 10th’s details. Include details like examination name, subjects studied, school/college name, University/board name, passing year, maximum marks, marks obtained, and percentage/CGPA.
- Skills: List the technical and interpersonal skills which are required to apply for a job.
- Additional Sections: In this, the candidate can also include other details like personal interests, certifications, projects, language skills, personal details, etc.
- Bonus Tip: Always use bullets to highlight key information. Recruiters appreciate an organized and easy to gather information layout.
Biodata Sample For Freshers
Bonus Tips: For these resume samples, correct spacing and large headings look engaging. Also, rename and save the fresher resume sample as .pdf format as MS Word might not keep the resume layout intact.
Biodata Format for Nurses
Specific nurse curricula contain various elements depending on the destination receiver. Even so, most of them contain important elements like goals and professional descriptions of an individual. In general, Summaries begin with your name and address.
This is followed by their clinical experience, which identifies the preceding places where the candidate has worked. This includes other related knowledge, too. Many examples include participation in one’s culture, volunteer experience, awards, and honors. These tend to give evidence of the interest in the candidate’s profession. Professional resumes also end with a list of referees who may be asked to include some information about you.
- Contact Information
- Resume Summary
- Work Experience
- Awards & Recognitions
- Additional sections include:
- Conferences & Courses
- Professional Affiliations
- Interests & Hobbies
Biodata Sample for Nurses
Also read :
Ans. Recruiters are using biodata to determine the applicant for the selection of staff. It is typically used to apply for jobs for the Indian government and is often used for the modeling profession in the entertainment industry.
Ans. Professional history and formal sections should be a biodata for jobs. Biodata for marriage on the other hand should include both personal and professional information. In fact, they both have a particular purpose, and should not, in any case, be clubbed.
Ans. The greatest mistake of all when putting together the CV is simply this: being sloppy. A sloppy spelling error here. Send it out in an incorrect format. Small bits of sloppiness quickly add up. They can end up having candidate resume thrown into the pile of “Don’t call us, we’ll call you.” Here are three tips to avoid making the worst possible resume error ever.
Ans. A biodata serves as a document that provides information about people and professionals. It is widely used for marriage purposes and can be used as a resume or CV for certain industries such as fashion, entertainment, etc.
Ans. Reverse format for chronological resumes. For most job seekers this is the bread and butter choice. It is also the simplest resume format, and the one that most recruiters see can make a reverse chronological resume appear ‘ordinary.’ As everything is written in descending order recruiter can easily focus on all the parameters while recruiting a candidate.