JoSAA 2020 exam aims to provide admissions to the candidates who have qualified JEE Mains and Advance exam. Registration for JoSAA will commence from the third week of June. Every year JoSAA is conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority under the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Department to allocate the seats among candidates for 107 institutions.
The allotment of seats by JoSAA is on the basis of merit. This will also prefer the course and college selection by the students. The institute participating in the JoSAA will be available on the official website (www.JoSAA .nic.in). Those candidates who score well and pass the Joint Engineering Examination (JEE) can register in JoSAA. The students who have qualified JEE mains or JEE advanced exams can apply for JoSAA. The JoSAA conducts admission for engineering courses. JoSAA conducts via online mode on the central platform.
The whole process of admission becomes smoother, effective and efficient by JoSAA.
- The JoSAA stands for Joint Seat Allocation Authority.
- JoSAA agency established by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development).
- There JoSAA consists of 100 institutes.
- It’s a single platform for engineering course admissions.
- The basis of the allotment of seats in JoSAA is merit.
- The students who have cleared the JEE mains or JEE advanced exams can apply for JoSAA
- It’s a government agency.
- The centralized exam will be conducted by JoSAA via online mode.
- 3 new institutes added in JoSAA are Punjab Engineering College, Jawaharlal Nehru University and International institute of information technology.
Check Out: Benefits of writing AMCAT
JoSAA Counselling 2020
The expected JoSAA counselling 2020 is in June and all those students who have passed the JEE mains exam can apply for JoSAA. The students have to register themselves on the official website via online mode. There are 7 rounds held by JoSAA of seat allotment. The students can fill the choice of their college in the registration form.
JoSAA gives you admission to the best engineering colleges. There are about 100 institutes that come under JoSAA. The JoSAA consists of 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 23 other government funding institutes. The JEE is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) 2 times a year.
The allotment of seats is based on the merit of the JEE scores. The candidates need to print the allotment letter. After seat allotment, the candidate needs to deposit the seat acceptance fee. The candidate needs to verify their documents at the reporting centers. After verification of the documents, the candidate has to report in the allotted institute. The JoSAA offers admission only to the engineering courses.
JoSAA Counselling Date 2020
The JoSAA counselling 2020 starts in June 2020 and the student needs to register first on the official website of JoSAA. The choice of college filling process starts in the 3rd week of June 2020. The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria. The JoSAA counselling dates 2020 are not fixed. The tentative dates have come from JoSAA counselling in 2020. The schedule of the dates will be available on the official website.
The tentative JoSAA counselling date 2020 schedule is as follows –
|3rd week of June||Beginning of registration and choice filling|
|3rd week of June||Commencement of choice filling|
|3rd week of June||Mock seat allocation 1|
|4th week of June||Mock seat allocation 2|
|4th week of June||Closing of choice filling and registration|
|Last week of June||Data reconciliation, seat allocation, verification and validation|
|Last week of June||Seat allotment round 1|
|1st week of July||Document verification|
|1st week of July||Seat allotment round 2|
|1st week of July||Document verification|
|1st week of July||Seat allotment round 3|
|2nd week of July||Document verification|
|2nd week of July||Seat allotment round 4|
|2nd week of July||Document verification|
|2nd week of July||Seat allotment round 5|
|2nd week of July||Document verification|
|3rd week of July||Seat allotment round 6|
|3rd week of July||Document verification|
|3rd week of July||Seat allotment round 7|
|4th week of July||Document verification|
JoSAA Counselling Schedule
The exact dates of the JoSAA counselling schedule have not come till now. After JEE’s mains result, the JoSAA counselling starts. The JoSAA counselling schedule is depending upon the JEE mains result. The tentative dates of counselling are out. The online registration process starts from the 3rd week of June. The candidate can apply once the JEE mains result out. The JEE main score is the basis of admission to JoSAA counselling.
The students can fill their own choice of college and engineering stream. The dates of every round of JoSAA counselling is different which will be available on the official website.
JoSAA Counselling Seat Allotment
The JoSAA counselling seat allotment will be done on a central basis via online mode. The engineering stream and institute are selected by the student in the registration form. The candidate can check the allotment of seat status on the official website by logging in. After completion of every round, the seat allotment list will be updated on the official website.
Once the filling of registration form and choice preference is done the 2 lists will be released. The list is of Mock seat allocation. 2 Mock seat allocation list will be displayed after registration. When the seat will be allotted to the students, the candidate has to deposit the acceptance fee of the seat so that that seat will be a lock for you.
JoSAA Counselling Fee
The JoSAA counselling fee is the fee that candidates need to deposit for confirmation of seats. The acceptance of seat fee candidates needs to be deposited once the seat is allotted to the candidate in any of the rounds. After seat allotment goes for the verification of the documents and submits the seat acceptance fee at the reporting center. The candidate should download the provisional seat allotment letter. The candidate should carry the e-challan receipt of counselling fees with them.
The counselling fees for general category candidate and the reserved class candidate is not the same.
- The counselling fee for general candidates is Rs. 45,000.
- The counselling fee for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates is Rs. 20,000.
- The counselling fee is deposited via e-challan or SBI net banking.
- This fee is also including semester fees.
- The candidate should print the deposit of counselling fee receipt.
Check Out: eLitmus pH Test Exam
JoSAA Selection Procedure
- Registration– The first step of getting selected in JoSAA is that candidates should register themselves. Those who have qualified for the JEE Mains can appear for NIT except IITs. Those who have cleared JEE Advance can appear for any participating institutes in the counseling process.
- Choice Filling & Locking– After being registered, candidates can carefully fill their choices in decreasing order. After filling the choices, they must have to lock the choices made by them in JoSAA just for an overall confirmation.
- Seat Acceptance– Those candidates who locked their choices and if they got a seat and they accepted it, then they first have to pay the acceptance fees through different payment gateways- SBI Net Banking, SBI Debit Cards, SBI E-Challans. After acceptance of the seat, candidates have to go further for the process of document verification.
- Participation in Further Rounds– This is the most important part of seat allocation round as from the JoSAA and has to decide either to ‘freeze,’ ‘slide,’ or ‘float’ the academic program of their choice.
- Freezing– It means that candidates have accepted the seats offered to them and are satisfied with the seats allotted to them. They will not go to sit further in any seat allotment rounds.
- Floating– It means that candidates have accepted the seats offered to them, but they will be sitting in further seat allotment rounds to see if there is any better institute is offered to them, and they will accept it.
- Sliding– It means that candidates have accepted the seat offered to them. But they will be sitting in other seat allotment rounds if they will get a better preference in the same institute.
- Withdrawal– It means that candidates who have accepted the seat, but if they want to withdraw it, they can do so up to 6 seat allotment rounds. They will not be considered for further rounds.
- Reporting at Centres– This is the last step to confirm admission. Candidates are needed to report at different centers for Document Verification Round. After the allocation of seats and verification of documents, candidates must report at admitting centers respectively to complete all formalities and for the commencement of the academic session.
- Mock Allotment also takes place so that candidates can understand the procedure of seat allocation. Candidates can select more than one academic program which they want to pursue. After this, actual Allotment takes place.
- Candidates should check the opening and closing ranks of a particular institute before sitting for counseling rounds. Every participating institute announces the rans before actual Allotment takes place.
Check Out: IES Exam
JoSAA Cut Off
The JoSAA released the cut-off list for qualified JEE mains exam students. The cut-off list is based on the level of test, total no. of candidates appeared and no. of seats available in a particular year. These cut off marks will be used for merit list preparation. All the institutes release different cut off lists.
The cut-off list will be released according to the different courses. The opening rank is the maximum score a candidate can achieve in JoSAA counselling. The closing rank is the minimum score a candidate can achieve in JoSAA counselling.
JoSAA Eligibility Criteria
To appear for JoSAA, candidates are required to qualify JEE Mains or Advance and to meet the other requirements of different institutions. Around 107 institutes (NITs, IITs, and GFTIs) participate every year for providing admissions to candidates who want to pursue B.E. /B. Arch and B. Planning.
JoSAA 2020 Registration
The students have to follow a proper registration process for JoSAA 2020. The schedule of JoSAA 2020 registration will be available on the official website. For qualified JEE mains exam students a proper schedule will be announced for JoSAA 2020 registration.
The students have to fill their choice of college via online mode. The students also fill their stream of engineering as per schedule. After filling up the choice and submitting the registration form, the students will not be able to change their choice of preference. Choice filling is the most crucial step in the registration process. The allocation of the seat is depending on this only.
The candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria properly. The one who does not fulfill the eligibility conditions will directly disqualify.
The steps of JoSAA 2020 registration is as follows:
- Visit the official website www.JoSAA .nic.in.
- Register yourself by clicking on the registration link.
- The candidate has to enter JEE main registration number and password for registration.
- After login, all the details of the candidate will appear on the screen.
- Check the details carefully.
- Enter the new password.
- After checking, click on the submit button.
- Now fill the choice of institutes and engineering streams.
- Lock your choice of preference carefully.
- Submit the choice carefully which will display on the screen after clicking the submit button.
Check Out: UPSEE EXAM
JoSAA 2020 Registration Date
The JoSAA 2020 expected registration date is June 2020. Till now no registration date is finalized. Every year the JoSAA registration will be started in approx. starting in June. The process of registration will be followed from the login on the official website to filling the choice of course and college.
- The commencement of JoSAA 2020 registration will be in the 3rd week of June.
- The registration last date and choice filling end date will be the last week of June.
- The Mock seat allocation round 1 is the last week of June.
- The Mock seat allocation round 2 is the last week of June.
- The candidate has to register before the last date so that he/she can choose their own preference college and course.
- The more you delay your registration, the less your chances of filling the choice of preference.
JoSAA Special Round
The JoSAA special round is referred to as special vacant seats filling rounds and its counselling are conducted by the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). The rounds are conducted to fill the vacant seats in IITs, NITs, IIITs and other government funding institutes. The JoSAA special round will be held after the JoSAA 7 round of seat allocation completes. Only 2 special rounds will be conducted, which is Special round 1 and Special round 2.
After proper completion of JoSAA counselling rounds, the registration and deposition fee for special round starts. All the candidates are eligible for the special round. As per JEE mains rank seat will be allotted in JoSAA special round. The online registration process for the JoSAA special round starts in the last week of July. Already seat allotted candidates can also participate in special rounds except for IITs.
- The JoSAA special rounds are for the special vacant seats filling rounds.
- The special round was conducted by Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
- The candidate has to register online for JoSAA special rounds.
- The special rounds registration starts from the last week of July.
- The allotment of seats in JoSAA special rounds will be based on the JEE mains rank.
JoSAA Business Rules
The JoSAA business rules are the rules which we need to follow for completing the JoSAA counselling process. The candidates will order according to the rank list of JEE mains. The business rules are the same for all the rounds and processes of counselling of JoSAA. The academic program is selected by the candidate according to their own preference.
There are some of the additional rules pertaining to preparatory courses. These rules are only for IIT students.
- The IITs offer preparatory courses only for SC, ST and PwD students.
- The courses are of 1-year duration.
- The reserved seats which are vacant, the admission will be given to fill those seats.
- After the successful completion of the preparatory course, the student gets direct admission in the undergraduate course.
- The registration for preparatory courses will be done via the official website.
The business rules for the pertaining rank list. This is applicable for JEE advanced exam.
- The candidates who appear in both Paper 1 and paper 2 can apply for JoSAA.
- The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the JEE aggregate marks.
- The JEE aggregate marks will be calculated as the sum of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics marks.
- The higher positive rank student will secure the highest rank.
- No waiting list will be released for ranking.
Check Out: National Talent Search Exam
JoSAA Choice Filling
The JoSAA choice filling process is the filling of courses and institutes. The students have the choice to fill the engineering stream and institutes according to their preference. The registration and choice filling process starts at the same time. The candidate needs to fill the choice in the registration form. The choice filling is an important step in seat allotment.
After the JEE advanced results, the process of registration and choice filling starts approx. on June 3rd week. The students need to pass the JEE mains exam for filling up the choice. The student should lock their choice of preference so that it will appear on the screen and becomes easy for allotting the seat. The students are advised to choose the preference according to their rank which will increase their chances of getting a seat.
JoSAA Important Dates
The JoSAA 2020 important is not exactly released till now, but the tentative and the idea of important dates are released. The important dates are for registration, choice filling, counselling, and seat allotment process. The registration and choice filling will start from the 3rd week of June. The process of allotment of seats will continue till the end of July.
There is also a particular date for document verification. The JoSAA 2020 important dates schedule is as follows:
- The registration and choice filling starts from 3rd week of June.
- The deadline for registration is the last week of June.
- The last week of June is reserved for validation and verification of data and documents.
- The dates for 7 rounds conducted by JoSAA are described below.
Ans. The counselling fees is refundable after deduction of Rs. 1000. The deduction charges are the processing fees during counselling procedure.
Ans. No, there is no registration fee in JoSAA. There is a seat acceptance fee for different categories. The candidate can attend the counselling without paying any charges.
Ans. The mock seat allocation is a process through which the candidate can see the process of allocation of seats. The candidate can shuffle the seat in mock seat allocation round 2.
Ans. The JoSAA counselling required documents like provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter, 2 passport size photo, ID proof, original JEE advanced admit card, proof of seat acceptance fee receipt, date of birth proof, etc.
Ans. The filling of choices will depend upon the score and qualification of the JEE advanced exam.