PTE means Pearson Language Test, which is the latest entry in the English proficiency exams. It stands among the most popular English exams, such as IELTS/TOEFL. The exam is conducted and administered under the Edexcel, the world’s largest examining corporation. It was launched in 2009, and since then, it has been recognized by more than 6,000 organization bodies. The test is divided into two parts PTE Academic and PTE General.
The part 1 module of the PTE exam is to test the students writing and speaking skills. The speaking module is to examine the student’s speaking, writing, and listening skills. The speaking section starts with the personal introduction of the candidate. The test is to judge the student’s capability to listen carefully and understand the content. Follow these steps to excel in the speaking section:
- The read-aloud section consists of a text. The candidate should read it loud clearly and with proper pronunciation.
- The repeat section will ask the candidate to repeat the sentence aloud, which is being played on the computer.
- The describe image section will prompt the candidate to elaborate on the image being portrayed at the computer. Understand the content and then speak clearly.
- The re-tell lecture section consists of a lecture that will be told to the candidate. The candidate should answer it in their own words and clearly.
- The answer question session will examine the student’s answer to a particular question being asked — answer shortly and clearly.
PTE Speaking Test
The PTE Speaking Test is divided into around four parts that are read aloud, repeat sentence, describe the image, and retell lecture. All the parts have to be passed with good marks by the student. The student should prepare for it and then appear for the test. The speaking test is an important part of the PTE exam, and it checks the student’s ability to speak clearly.
- The candidate should read each sentence loud and clear to the interviewer.
- After listening to the lectures, the student should recall and answer the question.
- The student should be able to understand the picture well and explain it well.
- The first step is the appearance of the candidate that should be tidy and neat.
- The candidate should clear the fluency and pronunciation by taking practice tests.
PTE Speaking Test Structure
The general PTE exam consists of three parts that are Speaking, Writing, and Listening. The speaking structure is divided into four parts, which are read aloud, re-tell lecture, describe the image, and answer question section. The student will get around 77 to 93 minutes for speaking and writing a section of the exam. The candidate should take care of his/her pronunciation.
- The structure begins with the read-aloud section that checks the candidate’s ability of pronunciation.
- The repeat sentence prompts the candidate to repeat the audio, which played on the computer.
- In describing the image section, the candidate has to elaborate on the image which is being portrayed at the computer.
- In the re-tell lecture section, the candidate memorizes the lecture and then explains it briefly.
- The candidate will have to answer some questions from the audio played in the last section.
PTE Speaking Read aloud
The first step of the exam is the read-aloud section, which prompts the students to read the portrayed text on the computer. The candidates should read the text clearly and pronounces it well. The section is around a duration of 40 seconds, which checks the student’s ability to read. Although around more than 90% aspirants find the read-aloud sections easy but it is quite difficult.
- The text is medium in size, and the student has to read it.
- The pronunciation of the student should be good, and the confidence should be high.
- The read-aloud section involves a long answer type question, which checks the student’s skills in speaking.
- The candidate should read it carefully and then read it aloud.
- The aspirant should be confident and prepare it well before the exam.
PTE Speaking tips
The aspirant should be careful in the read-aloud section as it is one of the most important parts of the PTE exam. The tips are raising the tone while reading and reducing it at the end of the sentence. If the student suspects a mistake, then the student should not stop and continue it. Practice as much as you can through many practice tests and video lessons.
- Pronunciation – Watch pronunciation videos on Youtube and practice it by repeating it. Pronunciation is very important as it checks the student’s ability to read well.
- Accent – The candidate should be able to mimic the accent of American, British, and Australia language. Although the accent doesn’t matter but having a foreign accent helps to get through.
- Confidence – Learn to enunciate and speak with confidence. While answering, make proper eye contact with the interviewer and speak with boldness to make the right statement.
- Mistakes – Continue even if you made a mistake. Many times it may happen than you made a mistake while speaking. It is important to continue even if you made a mistake as it will distract the interviewer.
- Practice sets – Practice as much as you can from day one. Practice sets will help you to get through the test as practicing will point out the mistakes, and then you can work in the direction to correct it.
- Reading aloud – Whatever you read, it should be clear to the interviewer. You should read it well and aloud. To speak louder with confidence, you should take youtube classes.
- While listening to the audio, you should listen to at least the keywords. Keywords will help you to recall the sentence without confusion. Listen to the text carefully and then answer the questions.
- In the Image section, you should pay attention to every aspect and detail. Make an opinion about it good or bad but stand for it and defend it. Your statement should be bold and clear.
- Use prepositions like on the right, on the left, bottom, top, etc. to make the involvement better in the topic. You should increase your involvement in the topic and then speak loudly.
PTE Speaking practice
There is a lot of speaking practice sets available on the internet, which the student can take and improve. The practice set is divided into many parts, such as the reading aloud section, describe the image section, the answer question session, etc. The spellings and pronunciation should also be cleared. The student should practice as much he/she can from the very first day. Some tips for PTE speaking skills are:
- Practice by listening to audios and making an opinion about it.
- Answer questions clearly and loudly.
- The student should take the practice well and then take mock tests.
- Many online PTE tests are available to the students from which the students can learn and practice.
- Record your voice and listen to it to remove your faults.
PTE Speaking describing the image
The described image of the PTE section includes an image, and the student has to describe it to the interviewer. The section consists of a graph that includes information about some statistical data. The student will be prompted to understand the text and answer some questions on it. The interviewer can also ask to explain the data on your own.
- You will have around 25 seconds to prepare for it.
- The graph will be displayed for just 40 seconds.
- The student should take a good look at the image and then make an opinion about it.
- Pay attention to the key features.
- Draw an accurate conclusion and propose it to the interviewer properly.
PTE Speaking repeat sentence
The repeat sentence consists of audio being played, and the student will recall it. The interviewer will check the memory and listening skills in this section. The audio played on the computer will be about some conversation or some statistical data. The PTE speaking repeat sentence needs thorough memory skills. You will listen to the audio for a small period, and the interviewer will ask the student to repeat it.
- You should listen to the text carefully and focus on pronunciation.
- If not possible, pay attention to the keywords and then repeat it.
- The student must be able to make opinions about it.
- Answer the question boldly and be confident.
- The student’s ability to focus will be put to the test in this section.
PTE speaking mock test
The PTE speaking mock test will provide a thorough practice to the students. The mock tests are available on many internet platforms such as www.tcyonline.com, where the student can practice well. There are also a lot of ways by which the student can learn for free or paying some money. The mock tests are available in all the sections which the students can practice separately.
- The mock test provides a real-world experience of the exam to the students.
- Regular mock tests will give the students a way to know their level.
- The tests are evaluated by the PTE experts, and the PTE gurus will depict the score.
- PTE academics will provide the students with a way of an opportunity to learn.
- The results of the tests are available in just 24 hours.
PTE speaking describing image with answers
To get a clearer prospectus to the student, we will discuss a question asked once in the exam. For example, a graph shows data which consists of Indonesia and Malaysia Palm Oil Production statistics. The data shows variation through the years of the production of oil. The student will get 40 seconds to prepare, and the graph will be just displayed for only 25 seconds.
- The student will have to answer the question in key points.
- Use keywords such as palm production, through the years, as you see, etc.
- You should speak with confidence and in the microphone.
- Interpret the data accurately and then answer the questions.
- PTE tutorials will help you to gain experience and confidence in this section.
PTE speaking samples
Practice samples as much as you can to score well in the exam. The sample should be divided into many parts so that the student will get the idea. The image describing section is important as it shows an image of a data, and you have to describe it well to the interviewer. The interviewer checks the key points mentioned in the data.
PTE speaking practice test
There are a lot of platforms available on the internet which provide free PTE speaking practice tests. The students can and should practice a lot to score well in the PTE exam. The speaking practice test consists of audios and graphs to test them for a different section, such as describing image, repeat, answer questions, and many more. All the sections help the students a lot to improve their speaking skills.
PTE speaking material
As the students have a lot of opportunities and practice through many online platforms, the students should also take care of the right material suited for the exam. The right material will help you understand the context of the English language through comprehensions, essays, etc. Although there are a lot of books for PTE academic, so you have to practice for speaking part on your own.
- You can visit on www.pearson-pte.com to get material for PTE speaking.
- The material consists of all the sections required for the speaking skills of the student.
- The student should also be careful while practicing as there are many materials.
- The students should only visit the officially certified platforms for PTE speaking.
- Always practice from the latest PTE speaking material.
PTE speaking short answer questions
The Answer questions part consists of audio. The student has to listen to the audio carefully and then make an opinion about it. There are a lot of PTE tutorials which facilitate the students with this facility. It is an important section as it checks the student’s ability to think out of the box. This student should practice a lot about it and also records answers which the student can also listen to later.
- For example, a recording says, “What to guitarist pluck when they are playing the instrument?”
- The answer would be “strings.” Keep it accurate and simple.
- Another question says, “Which subject is the study of how human minds work?”
- The answer to the same would be “psychology.”
- Another question, “What do judges have to be expert in?”
- The answer to the question should be “the law.”
- The question is, “What do we call the geometric shape that has four equal sides?”
- The answer would be easy “square.”
- This section consists of an easy question, but you should answer it carefully.
PTE speaking mock tests with scores
The online platform also provides you with score analyzers, which checks your score and lets you improve more. The student should record their scores to improve their skills. There are many offline mock tests also available for students in many corporations. The student should be able to mark their performances and then improve by considering all the faults.
- The exam is conducted on a scale of 10-90, where ten being the lowest.
- The mock tests are also like that, where you will score from 10 to 90.
- You will score differently in all the other different sections of the PTE.
- You should score high in the speaking section to score high on average.
- The student should be careful about all the scores obtaining in the mock tests.
How to improve PTE speaking score
Considering all the faults, you will be able to improve your speaking skills. To improve, you should increase your speaking skills by listening to audio clips. Rising tone and contrast pronunciation will help you to improve the PTE speaking score. Practice through mock tests and keep an eye on the performance. All the things should be clear, and then the student will be able to score well.
- Raise your tone where necessary.
- Enunciate every word.
- Monitor your voice through recordings and other applications.
- Pay attention to the verbs and articles.
- Even you realize a mistake, then don’t stop and continue.
PTE speaking graphs
The speaking graph section comes under the description section of the PTE speaking test. The graph shows some data, and then the student is prompted by some questions. The student answers are recorded and evaluated, which is very helpful. The graph may contain any statistical data, and the student needs to make an opinion about it. Here are some tips to consider
- You should understand the graph well.
- Try a new perspective and then make an opinion.
- Defend your opinion with proper and logical reasons.
- Answer compact and accurate; be confident.
- Keep a check on the data and consider a new perspective on the graph.
PTE speaking low score
Getting a low score is not bad, but not trying to improve is bad. If you get a low score in mock tests, then don’t be disappointed rather keep improving. A low considered to be from10-40. There are a lot of tips to improve from the PTE low score. There are many online platforms where you can take classes and learn to improve well in the PTE test scores.
- Practice rigorously through many online and youtube sessions.
- The student should record the performance week by week.
- The practice tests will provide the virtual environment.
- Practice previous year questions to get a grip on the questions.
- At last, be confident that you can do it.
PTE speaking topics
The topics which generally appear in the PTE speaking skills are very basic and thinkable. Understand the topic and then speak about it. Your reply would be recorded and evaluated so, and you should also speak louder. You will get most topics from the fields such as education, environment, and government policies. But, there is a more relevant topic to speak on. Some of the topics are:
These are the most common PTE Essay Writing Topics:
- The environment we are living in is in danger due to various problems…so who do u think should be responsible for solving it? Is it the governments, organization or each individual?
- Do you think the consumer should avoid over packed products or it is the responsibility of the producer to avoid extra packaging of products?” Give your views or any relevant example with your own experience.
- Large shopping malls are replacing small shops. What is your opinion about this? Discuss with appropriate examples.
- Communication has changed significantly in the last 10 years. Discuss the positive and negative impacts of this change.
- People pursue dangerous activities like skydiving, motorcycle sports, white-water river rafting etc. Do you support? If yes, why and if not, why?
- Nowadays TV has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some, it acts as a companion. What is your opinion about this?
Now, moving further, here are some of the topics from different genres that you can consider for PTE preparation and exams as well.
- Everyone should stay in school and complete their education until they attain the age of 18. Do you agree or disagree? Support your answer citing valid arguments.
- In the education system, assessment through written formal examinations is valid or not.
- It is argued that getting married before finishing school or getting a job is not a good choice. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Illiterate of the future would not be one who does not know to read, but people who do not know how to learn
- Do you think that formal written examinations are a good way to assess knowledge at school and other institutions?
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education- Einstein. What does he mean by that? And do you think he is correct?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the era filled with inventions. Support your answer with your views.
- Is a new development in technology a boon or curse? Discuss
- Out of the computer, antibiotics, and the airplane, which invention according to you holds the highest relevance. Discuss.
- Some people believe that technology change human behavior. Do you agree with it?
- Discuss both sides of Space travel vs. Current crucial problems faced by the human?
Corporate and Economics
- The Top level Authorities of the Company should take employees suggestions or ideas to take any decisions or should not. Discuss
- Marketing strategy for big companies should be placed on offer and discounts, and in what ways this can impact on their reputation.
- It is believed that tourism causes disadvantage to many countries. Do you agree or disagree?
Other Relevant Topics
- Polygamy has increased in recent years. Devise solutions to combat it.
- Parents should be held responsible for the acts of their children. Do you agree or disagree
- More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem?
- The only way to improve unemployment is to increase urbanization. How far do you agree with this?
- The newspaper is no longer a need in the society. Express your opinion.
- The negative and positive effects of technology through mass media.
- Do you think English will continue to remain a global language in spite of globalization? Express your views for or against the topic.
- Employees should be made a part of the decision – making process along with the company’s top authorities. Discuss.
- The present youth is very interested in imitating celebrities and sports stars. According to your opinion, is this good or bad?
- Environmental danger on a global level.
- Climactic changes and its effect on humans and nature.
- International trade and exchange have seen a massive increase in terms of production and transportation over long distances. Do the advantages of such a system outshine its demerits?
- Technology and mobile phones have proved to be immensely helpful for older adults. What are your views on it?
- What are your views on migration?
- Technology is seen to have affected many relationships, both positively and negatively. What is your opinion on this?
- Formally written exams are an assessment criterion practiced widely. Do you opine this practice is the most valid form?
- “Education is the biggest barrier in my learning.” – Albert Einstein. What do you think did Einstein mean by this statement?
- Is learning a new language at an infantile stage advantageous or disadvantageous?
- How has communication changed in the past ten years?
- How has the information technology brought about a revolution in society? Discuss your views for or against it.
- People should attend college and university for educational reasons. Why else do you think is it necessary?
- Write an essay on the purpose of schools.
- Primary schools should make foreign language mandatory. Discuss.
- Developing countries like India invite multi-national companies to open offices to aid their economy.
- Creative artists should be given more significance in the economic scale.
- The Internet has helped students to study and complete their lessons with much lesser effort.
- Does a woman belong to the home or world?
- The government must spend money on art. Express your views on this statement.
- Endangered species of animals should be protected.
- In many countries, citizens have access to guns which has led to shooting massacres. Do you think one should possess a gun? Give examples to support your answer.
- In the present scenario, most children have both working parents. Does this affect the normal working of the family? Give the advantages and disadvantages of such a situation.
- In some countries, the government pays the cost of education for students since it is highly expensive. Do you think its advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
- Do you agree that university level students should live in separate accommodation? If not, specify your reasons.
- Leisure time is often regarded as the time to be spent on recreational activities that would develop one’s mind. Specify with examples whether you agree or disagree.
- Should consumers avoid extra packaging of good? Or should it be the responsibility of the producer to avoid over packaging? Discuss your views.
- While some think that studying the past has no relevance in the present life, many others give a lot of importance to the study of history. Discuss your views on both sides.
- Today, the increasing sales of many popular goods for consumers is a consequence of advertisement rather than the real needs of the consumers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Travelling has become widely common among youth. Why do you think people opt to travel throughout the year? Are there any benefits? Express your views.
- Freshwater resources continue to diminish each year at large cities. What do you think are the reasons leading to this drastic change? What solutions can be implemented?
- Some people opine that the native place of an individual is the reason for their success, and a change in the region leads to a contradictory outcome. How far do you agree or disagree with this?
- Globalization has had a positive effect on the world economy. However, its negative effects must not be looked over.
- In some countries, paid labor of children is prohibited while some others consider it beneficial as part of work experience. Express your opinion along with examples.
- Many young people are getting involved in learning about their family history and their trajectory. Do you think it has a positive or a negative effect?
- Some believe that schools to take students based on their academic abilities. While some others believe that all students with different abilities should be accepted, express your views on this light.
- Zoos can be considered a prison for animals. Zoos can also be considered as a protective place for various endangered and other creatures. Discuss both the views.
- Many local languages are dying due to an increased emphasis on learning only English. How can these languages survive?
- Some people believe that parents should teach their children to be good members of society. Some others believe that school is the best place to learn how to become a better individual. Discuss your opinion on both the views.
- As technology develops, the traditional ways and skills are dying out. There seems no point in trying to keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Blood sports are becoming popular with every passing day. Cruel killing of animals is an uncivilized activity and should be banned immediately. Discuss your argument on the given statement and give your views.
- Deforestation leads to multiple deaths and dying away from the natural habitat of the animals as well as the ecosystem. Discuss.
- Everybody should adopt a vegan eating lifestyle and avoid consuming meat as it causes serious health problems. Should everyone become a vegetarian? What are your views?
- Some working parents believe in the idea of their children being taken care of by their grandparents. Some other working parents find child care centers extremely helpful. Put forth your argument on both the views.
- Does modern technology like the internet have the potential to replace books or written words as a source of information? Discuss.
- Some countries have retirement at the age of 50 while a few others extend it till 60 and some others allow the employees to work as long as they wish to. What is the ideal age to take retirement according to you?
- Developing countries should focus on improving industrial skills rather than giving importance to education first. What is your opinion?
- Children must never be educated at home by their parents. What are your views?
- It is better to have more money and less time instead of having less money and more time. Discuss both the views and state your opinion.
- Children’s actions are often a result of their upbringing. Discuss.
- Men are recruited for a higher level of jobs. The government should make amends to provide equal opportunity for women. Discuss your opinion.
- Computers have made life hassle free and much faster. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Successful and prominent sports stars and celebrities are the ideal role model for the present youth. Do you support this?
- Leaders are born and not made. Discuss.
- Our older generations have a very traditional and backward view on life which is of no use to the younger generation. What is your opinion?
- Increasing demands on a global scale can be met through nuclear energy. Do you agree or disagree? Discuss.
- There are numerous social, technical and medical problems associated with the use of mobile phones. What can be these possible problems? Does the benefit of a mobile phone outweigh its demerits?
- Smoking should be banned in all places and not just limited to public space. Discuss your views in this light.
- Developing and rich countries should help developing countries with food and education. Should this be followed or what other solutions can be provided for the poor countries?
- Is education the only factor essential for the successful running of a country? Express your views for or against it.
- Co-curricular activities should be given up at the cost of academics. Do you agree or disagree?
- Books have lost their importance as a source of information and entertainment.
- Students must stay in school until the age of 18. Do you support this?
- Television removes loneliness. How far is this true? Discuss your opinion.
- The present generation spends more time at work rather than spending time with their families. What are your views on this?
- Sending children to boarding school is the best way to discipline them. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Many young professionals are leaving their own country to work in another country. What problems does this cause? How can it be provided a solution?
- Many criminals tend to commit more crimes after serving their first punishment. Why is this happening? What measures can be taken to tackle such a problem?
- Stress is a common and increasing problem among all age groups. What do you think are the factors contributing to this issue? What steps can be taken to curb its increase amongst other unaffected individuals?
- More and older people are trying to get employed to compete with the younger generation. What problems can this cause? What are some possible solutions?
- Many people are growing overweight. Some people believe that increasing the prices of food that leads to fattening is the best solutions. What effects can he have? To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Euthanasia is not accepted in any modern society anymore. Discuss.
- Increased migration from rural to urban space. Discuss its positive and negative effects.
- The government plays a vital role in combating climate change. Discuss.
- Global warming is the most serious problem in the world right now. State your argument in this light.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a nuclear family?
- Many couples plan on having children much later in life. Why do you think is this trend becoming so common? How can this affect a family and society?
- Extreme or adventure sports. Discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
- All modes of communication have changed. Discuss.
- What are the merits and demerits of hiring a foreign worker?
- Imported goods are better than indigenous goods. What are your views?
- Mothers play a better role in bringing up children rather than fathers. Do you agree or disagree?
- Should libraries invest in books or should they become technologically advanced?
- Can motivation and practice prove to be better than classroom teaching? Discuss your opinion.
- Famous people are treated unfairly by the media. State your argument for or against the situation.
- How has medicine evolved and developed since the 20th century? How has it benefited society?
- Should the government be held responsible for the deterioration of nature or are we individuals responsible?
- Old buildings are a heritage and should be preserved as part of national history. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- What have been the best inventions since the past 100 years in terms of medicine and technology?
- Rich countries should forgive the debts of developing countries. How does this affect the economy of both countries? How is it beneficial?
- Discrimination among men and women in terms of pay should be made illegal. Discuss.
Ques 1. Is it difficult to score 50 in PTE?
Ans. – No, it is not that difficult to score 50 in the test. Anyone having basic knowledge about English will be able to score more than 50 in the test.
Ques 2. Why PTE?
Ans. – Pearson test examination is considered to be the latest English entrance test that students can apply to and get the chance to study abroad.
Ques 3. How many times can I appear for PTE?
Ans. – There is officially no limit for appearing in the PTE exam.
Ques 4. Is there an alternative besides PTE?
Ans. – IELTS and TOEFL are some of the best alternatives for the PTE exam.
Ques 5. How can I score well in PTE?
Ans. – Practice well through mock tests and practice papers available on the internet.
Also, Check Out:-
- PTE- Everything you should know
- PTE- Syllabus
- PTE Registration
- PTE Results and Scores
- PTE Dates
- PTE Test Centre
- PTE Practice Papers
- PTE Preparation Tips