Pearson Test of English is an exam taken by non-native English speakers to prove their proficiency in the English language. PTE scores are used for study abroad or immigration. It is a completely computer-based exam which can be booked in 24 hours advance as well. The result takes no more than 5 business days and this rapid response is one of the reasons PTE is preferred by many test takers and accepted by most colleges.
PTE Exam Dates 2020
There are two types of PTE – PTE Academic and PTE General. So, the PTA exam date depends upon the chosen exam and the local test center.
- PTE Academic is necessary for students seeking admission to institutes for higher studies. It tests students reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- PTE General exam is used for general immigration or other purposes and is a test of general communication of the candidate.
- PTE Academic is held all year round.
- PTE General is held only thrice each year, in May, June, and December.
- The score of PTE General is valid life long.
- The score of PTE Academic is valid only for two years.
8th February 2020
28th March 2020
23rd May 2020
20th June 2020
10th October 2020
14th November 2020
PTE Exam Dates 2019
The PTE exam dates 2019 are spread throughout the year. The dates may vary from country to country or test center to center. Registration and booking can be done even up to 24 hours before the exam but some centers get booked even in one month advance. Some of the dates of 2019 and 2020 are mentioned below. However, it can vary from place to place.
12th October 2019
9th November 2019
14th December 2019
- These are the dates of the written exams.
- The oral exams can be taken any day in a 14 days period.
- The oral exams can be taken from about two weeks before the written test up to the date of the written test.
PTE Dates Booking
PTE dates booking should be done on time because certain centers get filled up faster than others. There are many different dates available for different PTE types.
- PTE dates are booked on the basis of first come first serve.
- Candidates are required to select their test centers first.
- One person can select up to 3 test centers.
- After selecting the appropriate test center, a list of different dates will be shown.
- From the list, date and slot must be selected by the candidate on the basis of availability.
PTE Booking Online
The whole registration can be done online. Even the exam is fully computer-based.
- First, sign up is required. Details must be filled properly.
- Then, a username has to be created.
- After that, candidates must select the type of PTE that they want to appear for.
- Once all this is done, login is required.
- Thereafter, one can select their choice of the test center and slot from the available dates.
- The final step is the payment for the exam.
- Is PTE valid for Australian PR?
Yes, PTE is valid for Australian PR. PTE Academic which is used as proof of English language proficiency is accepted by Australian institutes. So, it can be used to get a student visa to Australia.
- In which country is PTE valid?
PTE scores are accepted by many countries. It is accepted by New Zealand, Australia, India, UK, USA, Canada etcetera. This does not mean all the institutes of those countries accept PTE scores. Some institutes may accept some other test scores only. If a candidate has any particular university in mind, they must research thoroughly and understand which exam scores they accept.
Yes, most Canadian institutes accept PTE scores as proof of English language proficiency.
- What is a good score in PTE?
PTE scores skills in the range of 10 – 90. A score of 60 above overall can be considered as a goods score in PTE. Scores above 73 can be considered as exceptionally good scores. However, different institutions and purposes require different scores so the target score depends upon the purpose for which the test was taken by the person.
Yes, the USA accepts PTE as proof of proficiency in English. However, before taking the exam it must be checked if the target institution accepts PTE scores or not.