PTE Preparation Tips
The PTE Academic exam is meant to assess your command of the English language with the goal of improving your communication abilities. The exam does not demand a high level of language skill to pass; rather, it assesses your normal English speech, assisting you in becoming more expressive. To thoroughly grasp the subject matter and score well, it is recommended that you practise each segment independently with a relaxed and concentrated mind. Using a headset for the listening and speaking parts can help you concentrate and become more focused.
How to prepare for each section of PTE?
As PTE exam consists of 3 different sections of writing and speaking, listening, and reading, So to score high in the test, you have to prepare for each section thoroughly. Given below are some points for each section on how you can prepare for the PTE test:
PTE Writing Section Preparation
- With good vocabulary and grammar, you can score a high score of 90 out of 90. You should anticipate getting a score of roughly 73 if your vocabulary and grammar are average.
- Take note of the punctuation marks.
- Capitalize all first words and nouns in a phrase.
- If you're asked for examples, don't provide them.
- A single sentence should be used to summarise each paragraph.
PTE Listening Section Preparation
- Listening actively means learning a new approach to listen to English music. Concentrate on the lyrics, which need more concentration.
- Watch movies and television programs with subtitles first, then without.
- Listening to fresh information will expand your vocabulary, allowing you to better comprehend spoken English as you listen.
- Because this question includes negative marking, don't offer any educated assumptions.
- It is suggested that you read the questions before listening to the audio
- Keep your concentrate to the very finish, since the solutions may be found there.
PTE Speaking Section Preparation
- The sentences will sound more realistic if you use a rising tone at the start and a dropping tone at the finish.
- If you realize you've made an error, don't stop speaking.
- From now till the test day, begin practising with new tongue twisters from the first day of preparation.
- Close your eyes and listen to the phrase.
- Because there is no buzzer at the completion of the tape, just begin speaking when it has finished.
- If you can't recall the whole text, at the very least concentrate on the keywords and repeat them.
PTE Reading Section Preparation
- To obtain the right answer, comprehend the passage's core point and concentrate on keywords.
- Concentrate on the often occurring terms and remove those possibilities; maybe you will discover the right answer.
- Because there is no negative marking on this question, answer it and do not leave it blank.
- To understand what type of information to search for, read the question before reading the text.
PTE preparation online
For good planning, you may always use the videos online and tutorials available on the internet, as well as practice papers. terms of language competency, each portion has its own significance.
As a result, each component must be prepared separately.
MOOC is a PTE online training tool that uses video coaching and online practice to acquaint applicants with the PTE Academic exam format and question styles. E2Language, a worldwide online test preparation and tutoring supplier for PTE Academic and other English language tests, collaborated on the course. The course mimics each of the PTE Academic question categories, enabling users to practice their own strategies for answering the questions before getting feedback.
Books for PTE
Considering that the Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) is conducted by one of the world's largest textbook publishers, there are a plethora of excellent PTE test preparation materials available. When it comes to the top PTE books, there's no better starting point than the Official Guide, which was created by the assessors themselves.
The following are some further suggestions:
- PTE Academic Practice Test Plus – Volume 1 and 2
- Expert PTE Academic Coursebook B1 & B2
- PTE Academic Official Vocabulary 2020-2021
- Wiley's PTE Advantage For The Academic Module (WIND)
Que. What is the passing score on the PTE Academic?
Ans. It is important for candidates to realize that there are no passing or failing grades. Universities will have a PTE cut-off score, and applicants must attain that number or better in order to be considered for admission.
Que. What can I do at home to prepare for the PTE?
Ans. The Internet has made the globe a much smaller place. Candidates may use the internet to get material from the official PTE website, which is both accurate and up to date with the most recent PTE syllabus. Candidates may also utilize our study guide, as well as textbooks that are accessible both online and offline, as well as the official PTE website.
Que. What is the scoring system for the PTE Academic exam?
Ans. Candidates will get their PTE Academic scores for each of the ability parts on a scale of 10 to 90 after completing the PTE Academic test. In addition, they will be given an overall score.
Rachit believes in the power of education and has studied from the top institutes of IIIT Allahabad, IIM Calcutta, and Francois Rabelias in France. He has worked as Software Developer with Microsoft and Adobe. Post his MBA, he worked with the world's # 1 consulting firm, The Boston Consulting Group across multiple geographies US, South-East Asia and Europe.