PTE - Result and Score
Pearson Test of English (PTE) is an academic computer-based exam. PTE is an English language testing exam. PTE scores are accepted by educational institutes all over the world. It is a 3-hour computer-based exam. Students who want to take admissions abroad to English major countries are required to take this exam. This exam tests general day to day English and the candidate's proficiency in the English language. The fee for the exam is Rs. 13300. Exam results are available within 5 days of giving the exam. The score ranges from 0-90.
PTE tests are machine scored and analysed. It has an automated scoring system. PTE evaluates candidates on four language skill sets, namely the Writing, Speaking, Reading, and Listening. It is a 3-hour test, conducted online. The PTE results are listed online within 5 days of examination. The score ranges 0-90 and the result is valid for 2 years.
- 3-hour test which is conducted online
- PTE results are listed online within 5 days of the exam
- Results are valid for 2 days
PTE Result Login
Candidates who have taken the test can check their results over the internet. Candidates can log in into their accounts which they made when applying for the exam on Pearson’s website.
Candidates will get a mail stating the availability of results and then they can log in to their accounts and view their results ‘View Score Report’ tab.
- A mail stating result is available is sent to the students
- Log in to Pearson’s website
- View the result under ‘View Score Report’
PTE Score Chart
PTE Academic score is an automated machine scoring system. The score ranges from 0-90.
PTE score chart shows the overall score along with the break up of section-wise score. The scores are divided into Communicative and Enabling skills and are represented by graphs.
Also, a detailed overall score report is given to the candidate.
- PTE Score chart shows the overall report
- The score ranges from 0-90
- The scores are divided into Communicative and Enabling skills
PTE score is automated and is calculated and analysed by machines. PTE Academic reports an overall score, communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores. The overall score ranges from 10-90. The total score is based on performance in all the sections and tells the proficiency of a candidate in English as a whole. Other sections are Communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores. A score of 60 is considered decent.
- The score ranges from 0-90
- The overall score is based on performance in all the sections and tells the proficiency of a candidate in English as a whole
- Other parts are Communicative skills scores and enabling skills scores.
PTE Score Calculator
Scoring in PTE is done in an automated process, and there is no human intervention. Scores are deemed to be accurate and error-proof. Correct answers are given 1 point whereas incorrect are not awarded any marks. Also in some cases, marks are given on the quality of the content along with correctness. Thus partially correct answers are also given scores.
- Scores are deemed to be accurate and error-proof
- Correct answers are given 1 point
- Incorrect answers are not awarded
PTE Vs IELTS Score
Pearson Test of English (PTE) is an academic computer-based exam. PTE is an English language testing exam. It is a 3-hour computer-based exam. The score ranges from 10-90.
IELTS is an international test that helps in checking the English language proficiency of non-native English language speakers. Both are accepted all over the world.
- PTE is entirely computer-based
- IELTS can be taken either on pen and paper or computer
- The speaking section in IELTS is conducted by an examiner
- IELTS result is posted in 13 days whereas PTE result is available in 5 days
1. Is the PTE Academic scored against the Global Scale of English?
2. What are the other tests that the Global Scale of English aligns with?
No other tests are aligned with the GSE.
3. How many sections does the score report have?
4. What are the different sections?
Personal details, overall score, communicative skills score, enabling skills score and the analysis of the performance of the candidate.
5. What are the categories of the personal details section?
It only has the taker ID, DOB, name, etc and photo of the candidate.
6. Is there a photo included in the first section?
7. What are the different types of scores that are included?
Overall score, communicative skills score and enabling skills score is included.
8. On what basis is the overall score calculated?
Performance in reading, listening, writing and speaking sections.
9. Which skills are assessed to calculate the communicative skills score?
Listening, speaking, reading and writing are assessed.
10. Which skills are assessed to calculate the enabling skills score?
Grammar, fluency, pronunciation, spelling, vocabulary and written disclosure skills are assessed.
11. Is a detailed assessment of the candidate’s performance in words, given in the score report?
12. In what form is the candidate’s performance broken down for simplistic assessment?
Communicative skills and enabling skills
13. Is there any kind of imprecision in calculating the scores of a candidate?
There is imprecision in comparing overall skills with communicative and enabling skills.
14. Who calculates the scores of a candidate in the PTE Academic?
15. Are the communicative skills and enabling skills mentioned separately in the graph, for assessment of the candidate’s performance in the test?